The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian Visa Application form changes  (Read 4309 times)

Offline sparky114

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Russian Visa Application form changes
« on: March 25, 2018, 01:03:54 PM »
Just a heads up for guys that travel to Russia.

The application form this year has been expanded and become more thorough
 Asking more in depth questions on recent travel abroad and recent trips to Russia requiring dates of entry and departure for both these sections ( gone are when your visa was issued

Further reaching questions about your status, Employment,Salary,Family who you bank with savings shares property etc.
More in depth questions of applicants existing family Mother father Addresses etc DOB place of birth, and if deceased where and when.

Questions on your children DOB's addresses if they have passports.

Providing details of up to 3 previous passports if you have had them

Question on if you have a social media account(s) which etc

How much you are going to spend and division of this on cost of accommodation and food etc

So what usually takes me 20mins now evolved to over 1 hour of finding all the info and i had most of my ducks in a row and easy to find the missing bits.

HTH
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Russian Visa Application form changes
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 02:34:18 PM »
Bye bye Russia - hello Soviet Union 2.0.....
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 02:49:04 PM »
Bye bye Russia - hello Soviet Union 2.0.....
I'm guessing this is part of the "quid pro quo" from Russia, as I have heard 0 chatter in NL forums about more stringent visa application forms

I also must confess I usually hire someone to do it for me, and me just having to supply my passport + information.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Manny

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 02:52:07 PM »
We brought this (as a country) on ourselves by expelling their 23 diplomats over the poisoning that didn't happen.

They said after expelling 23 of our diplomats that visa issues would follow. So here they are.

The purpose of this is to get the business community that travel to Russia to lean on the Conservatives to stop the Russophobia.

The sooner May and Johnson are out and Mogg in the better.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 03:02:02 PM »
We brought this (as a country) on ourselves by expelling their 23 diplomats over the poisoning that didn't happen.

They said after expelling 23 of our diplomats that visa issues would follow. So here they are.

The purpose of this is to get the business community that travel to Russia to lean on the Conservatives to stop the Russophobia.

Agree about Mogg, the sooner he's in the sooner the Conservatives are wiped off the political map. Suspect Nanny will be rather cross though....
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline leslied

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 03:31:58 PM »
Sadly I am going to cancel this years trip to Russia. 

The visa hassle is just too much.  It is OK for my wife and the girls - their applications are straight forward.  My application is a nightmare on the new rules.  I have more than one UK passport.  My 48 page passports typically last last less than 5 years - then they are full...

Simply not prepared to go through all this hassle.  We would be staying with friends in Moscow and St Pete not in the phantom hotel bookings.  I think we could well be checked out under the new rules.

So maybe I will take the family to USA,  no problems there and the girls REALLY want to visit LA...

Offline Manny

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 05:24:00 PM »

Agree about Mogg, the sooner he's in the sooner the Conservatives are wiped off the political map. Suspect Nanny will be rather cross though....

You might want to Google or look up on social media Moggmentum.  (:)

I'm in the same place. Wifey has just booked to go alone for a week to see the folks, and she booked her epic month long August jobby with dochka months ago.

I was going to go to Russia this summer to join them for a week or so, but I'm not jumping through extra hoops. I'll go to China in October instead - their visas are multi entry and last 2 years.  :thumbsup:

As much as I like visiting Russia, they should be reducing hurdles for families like us, not increasing them. Those, like many of us here with wives and children that are citizens, should get an easy citizenship programme or at least a 10 year family visa. Not treated as random tourists and stitched up like this.

I'll link the Ambassador to the topic. If I chew his ear enough something may change. Every little helps.........
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline sparky114

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 01:16:38 AM »

You might want to Google or look up on social media Moggmentum.  (:)

I'm in the same place. Wifey has just booked to go alone for a week to see the folks, and she booked her epic month long August jobby with dochka months ago.

I was going to go to Russia this summer to join them for a week or so, but I'm not jumping through extra hoops. I'll go to China in October instead - their visas are multi entry and last 2 years.  :thumbsup:

As much as I like visiting Russia, they should be reducing hurdles for families like us, not increasing them. Those, like many of us here with wives and children that are citizens, should get an easy citizenship programme or at least a 10 year family visa. Not treated as random tourists and stitched up like this.

I'll link the Ambassador to the topic. If I chew his ear enough something may change. Every little helps.........

Ok so a bit more digging by a process of asking those I know when they last applied and what form
The visa was updated last December (ish) as far as I can work out, so a time before recent events

Any way it shows what a short memory we all suffer from, it's now roughly in line with what we have asked for from them visiting us, so a pro rata scheme than a knee jerk reaction

Well if you have the desire and the motivation to do it, it equates to a minor irritation

Let's face for most of us we have jumped though worse hoops

But yes Manny I wish there was a longer Visa scheme for us that are married to a Russian federation citizen.. like what we offer to them already

Mark

Offline Wiz

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 03:34:37 PM »
Sparky and Manny

I have spent a couple of years chasing this subject but I got nowhere, after 14 pages of posts on my hobby board.

Finally I gave up and I don't bother anymore, after my experience at the visa centre.

I prefer to spent my money going on holidays in Europe and those narrow minds in Russia.... they can sod off.

My MILAW visited us twice....... and she is happy. Talking to her on skype almost Daily.

Just wonder hpw they are going to deal with the World Cup.

tiphat
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 09:45:14 PM »
When you marry someone from Russia under the Putin dictatorship, these things should be expected. With him ordering the murder of journalists and political opponents, you shouldn't be surprised if he puts hurdles before you in getting a visa.
  Putin doesn't want you guys, he never did and im sure he doesn think much of the brides that left to marry the capitalists pigs. He does want them back, much like he wants the rest of ethnic Russians in other FSU states to return to his motherland.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 12:03:13 AM »
When you marry someone from Russia under the Putin dictatorship, these things should be expected. With him ordering the murder of journalists and political opponents, you shouldn't be surprised if he puts hurdles before you in getting a visa.
  Putin doesn't want you guys, he never did and im sure he doesn think much of the brides that left to marry the capitalists pigs. He does want them back, much like he wants the rest of ethnic Russians in other FSU states to return to his motherland.

You are making some very serious accusations about Putin

Do you have any concrete evidence to support your comments or you are talking with your backside?
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 12:54:01 PM »

Do you have any concrete evidence to support your comments or you are talking with your backside?

I think the below sums up the reality quite well. The list of banned politicians and dead journalists is long enough to say something is rotten in the State of Russia.

Russia is turning into an autocratic state, ruled by the former rulers of the USSR, who now also have hundreds of billions of dollars at their personal disposals with which to manipulate the West.  The difference between then (under communism) and now (autocratic hyper nationalism) is that now, having sent their children to the West to be educated, the Russian elite (the former commie nomenklatura) have figured out the West's weaknesses to a degree Bolsheviks, who viewed everything through the prism of Marxism-Leninism, failed to see or understand.

The danger is not in invasion.  It is in manipulating weak minded Westerners into viewing almost fascist ideologies as normal.  It is about viewing the rule of law as a weakness.  It is about sowing political instability and breaking social cohesion.  The Russians don't even attempt to hide this, referring to establishment, in Lavrov's words, of a "post Western world order", which in Russia's perspective, is based on might making right. 

I am not suggesting that the neoliberal societies that exist, particularly within the EU, are the ideal, or that many of the weaknesses exploited are not the result of Western elites' policies, or even that the censorship slowly creeping across Germany, France, and, to a lesser extent, the UK, are not pernicious.  I don't even question the need for a more balanced world order not dominated by the West.  However, most of you are thinking with your d##ks and can't see what is obvious to anyone who does actually think with his/her brain.

I don't blame Russia for any of their actions.  It is in the Russian state's strategic interests to influence both public opinion and, therefore, governments around the world. But, to deny this attempt at influence is occurring, or that it has even achieved some success, as many here do, suggests Lenin's "useful idiots" still exist, and many of them are posting here.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Wiz

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 05:32:59 PM »

I think the below sums up the reality quite well. The list of banned politicians and dead journalists is long enough to say something is rotten in the State of Russia[/i].

Russia is turning into an autocratic state, ruled by the former rulers of the USSR, who now also have hundreds of billions of dollars at their personal disposals with which to manipulate the West.  The difference between then (under communism) and now (autocratic hyper nationalism) is that now, having sent their children to the West to be educated, the Russian elite (the former commie nomenklatura) have figured out the West's weaknesses to a degree Bolsheviks, who viewed everything through the prism of Marxism-Leninism, failed to see or understand.

The danger is not in invasion.  It is in manipulating weak minded Westerners into viewing almost fascist ideologies as normal.  It is about viewing the rule of law as a weakness.  It is about sowing political instability and breaking social cohesion.  The Russians don't even attempt to hide this, referring to establishment, in Lavrov's words, of a "post Western world order", which in Russia's perspective, is based on might making right. 

I am not suggesting that the neoliberal societies that exist, particularly within the EU, are the ideal, or that many of the weaknesses exploited are not the result of Western elites' policies, or even that the censorship slowly creeping across Germany, France, and, to a lesser extent, the UK, are not pernicious.  I don't even question the need for a more balanced world order not dominated by the West.  However, most of you are thinking with your d##ks and can't see what is obvious to anyone who does actually think with his/her brain.

I don't blame Russia for any of their actions.  It is in the Russian state's strategic interests to influence both public opinion and, therefore, governments around the world. But, to deny this attempt at influence is occurring, or that it has even achieved some success, as many here do, suggests Lenin's "useful idiots" still exist, and many of them are posting here.

Have you ever been to Russia? I don't remember you mention anything!

The best achievement of Putin was/is that he got rid of The Jewish Oligarchs, who during Yeltsin managed to steal their Billions.

The fact is that he is very popular....... 76%

Bear in mind that Halo is from Ukrainian descent......

Sorry but I have flue and I can't stay up anymore........ will answer another time when I feel better.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 05:59:16 PM »

The best achievement of Putin was/is that he got rid of The Jewish Oligarchs, who during Yeltsin managed to steal their Billions.

Sorry but I have flue and I can't stay up anymore........ will answer another time when I feel better.

Wiz, Hope you feel better soon. To answer your query about visiting Russia, the answer is yes. Several times in fact the last time was about 6 years ago.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2018, 10:35:30 PM »

Wiz, Hope you feel better soon. To answer your query about visiting Russia, the answer is yes. Several times in fact the last time was about 6 years ago.

Thanks AvhDb... no good sleep tonight very high temperature.

To keep you happy I posted 2 articles for you to read:

Enjoy learning about Putin.

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,27204.msg477928/topicseen.html#msg477928

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2018, 03:23:37 AM »
Manny,  Why do you feel the need to  falsely attribute these new rules to the Salisbury incident ?

These changes were warned of by Steveboy - MONTHS ago
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline sparky114

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 02:35:38 PM »
 Update

Well the Visa centre in london was exceptionally busy, never seen so many people in there

Application all correctly filled in so that was a relief instead of the usual 10 minutes in and out it was more like 35 but but still efficient

passport arrived at home today visa issued another 90 days double entry

yes a few more hoops to jump through but then nothing in this world stays the same

Off we go again  :plane: ;D

Mark

Online AvHdB

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2018, 12:29:33 AM »
Update

Well the Visa centre in london was exceptionally busy, never seen so many people in there

Application all correctly filled in so that was a relief instead of the usual 10 minutes in and out it was more like 35 but but still efficient

passport arrived at home today visa issued another 90 days double entry

yes a few more hoops to jump through but then nothing in this world stays the same

Off we go again  :plane: ;D

When you get 'home' are you going to be 'swinging a hammer'?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 11:59:40 PM »
Well done, Sparky

I have no idea why the vocal 'patriots' need to' make such excuses NOT to visit family members.

The effort to get there is always worth it.

So .. a few more questions..and the folks at the embassy  are welcome to read my feelings...and about my road trip.))

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Registration