The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian Passport  (Read 5331 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Russian Passport
« on: March 19, 2018, 02:22:14 PM »
No doubt more and more people will be seeking Russian citizenship , 22,000 do each month. And with Vlad back at the helm there has never been a better time to renounce your present citizenship, swear allegiance to the Mother land and move to the land of opportunities ...

Some information for any budding candidates ..

https://www.rbth.com/lifestyle/327849-russian-citizenship-your-future
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: Russian Passport
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 05:11:55 PM »
Since Russia has as much ice as Antarctica, I will emigrate there instead.   :chuckle:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 11:04:49 PM »
No doubt more and more people will be seeking Russian citizenship , 22,000 do each month. And with Vlad back at the helm there has never been a better time to renounce your present citizenship, swear allegiance to the Mother land and move to the land of opportunities ...

And how many want to leave ?
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 08:06:50 PM »

And how many want to leave ?

Too funny. If anyone tosses away their citizenship and immigrates to Russia, then they're leaving a country worse economically  with an even more corrupt government with shite for human rights.
 I met two guys who immigrated to Ukraine in 2004.
Both were from Cameroon.  22k may be possible but I'm thinking thousands of them are Uzbek ethnic Russian escaping the police state of Uzbekistan.  Toss in the other FSU states and you can "show" big immigration numbers. 

Offline Manny

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 07:22:44 AM »
If anyone tosses away their citizenship

Why renounce previous citizenship? Russia doesn't require that.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 07:52:58 AM »

Russia now requires that it's citizens report possession of Dual nationality or even residency of a third nation - when they come to Russia - or be fined / jailed

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 08:23:36 AM »

Russia now requires that it's citizens report possession of Dual nationality or even residency of a third nation - when they come to Russia - or be fined / jailed

I thought they ended up binning that crackpot idea?

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 08:36:24 AM »
Since Russia has as much ice as Antarctica, I will emigrate there instead.   :chuckle:

The future Czar of all Penguins.

I suggest your first order (law) will be to 'protect' all penguins in other places than their Motherland.

And your second order (law) will be to prohibit any movies that you deem insulting to penguins from being made.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 09:30:58 AM »
If anyone tosses away their citizenship

Unfortunately it does, all foreigners wishing to take RU citizenship are required to renounce their previous/any other citizenship.

A Russian however is allowed to become/have dual nationality..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 09:34:16 AM »

I thought they ended up binning that crackpot idea?

Nope...
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline leslied

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 12:37:01 PM »
I know a little boy, he is 18 months old.  He lives in Turkey and has a long term Turkish residence permit.

His birth was registered in Russia and his Russian mother obtained a Russian passport for him.

His birth was also registered in Denmark by his Danish father who obtained a Danish passport for him.

I have seen his IKAMET and passports...

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2018, 12:48:27 PM »

Unfortunately it does, all foreigners wishing to take RU citizenship are required to renounce their previous/any other citizenship.

Incorrect

Please read up on article 13 section d of the Citizenship Act - LOTS of exceptions

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2018, 01:11:16 PM »
I know a little boy, he is 18 months old.  He lives in Turkey and has a long term Turkish residence permit.

His birth was registered in Russia and his Russian mother obtained a Russian passport for him.

His birth was also registered in Denmark by his Danish father who obtained a Danish passport for him.

I have seen his IKAMET and passports...
Quiet normal, the child is born to a Russian, therefore he is also Russian, therefore he can also hold dual citizenship.

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 04:27:50 PM »
The future Czar of all Penguins.

AKA Emperor Penguin.   :thumbsup: :king:

One of the riskiest parts of their reproduction process is when the female has to transfer the egg to the male. This procedure has to be done very carefully because any fail in the process, any sudden or wrong movement could cause the egg to fall into the ice, freezing the egg within seconds and killing the offspring. Once the father has the egg and starts protecting it, the female returns to the sea to feed and returns to the colony almost after two months, but before the hatchling breaks the large and thick shell of its egg. The mothers keep part of the food they got in their stomach, which regurgitate to feed their newborn chick. If the female doesn’t arrive on time after birth, the father produces a whitish secretion that will feed the chick for a few days while they wait. Once the mother appears, the father finally goes back to the ocean for food after all that time.

http://www.penguins-world.com/emperor-penguin/

So the male has to stand guard for two months with nothing to eat.  Try to do that that for your human children, you wimps.   :chuckle:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Manny

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2018, 02:26:05 PM »

Its very sporadically implemented if at all. My wife and daughter travel with two passports (one to get in there and one to get back in here). When that was implemented she asked when they entered Russia if they should fill in a form or something, the border guard said "nobody cares - it's not about you - just go". She asked at the Russian Embassy when she was there, they did some keyboard tapping and said, "we know you have dual citizenship already" and shrugged. Nobody seemed to know the exact rule or care much.

I asked a few folks I know (just so a wheel doesn't fall off our travel plans one day). That "rule" I gather was implemented for a specific purpose. Ostensibly it applies to everyone, but in practice it has another job, and it ain't about wives of blokes on here.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2018, 03:50:55 PM »

Its very sporadically implemented if at all. My wife and daughter travel with two passports (one to get in there and one to get back in here). When that was implemented she asked when they entered Russia if they should fill in a form or something, the border guard said "nobody cares - it's not about you - just go". She asked at the Russian Embassy when she was there, they did some keyboard tapping and said, "we know you have dual citizenship already" and shrugged. Nobody seemed to know the exact rule or care much.

I asked a few folks I know (just so a wheel doesn't fall off our travel plans one day). That "rule" I gather was implemented for a specific purpose. Ostensibly it applies to everyone, but in practice it has another job, and it ain't about wives of blokes on here.
My wife also reported her  citizenship's. She got a waiver, don't even need to keep the receipt.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2018, 03:12:41 AM »
This is sort of a 'passport' thread.

I look out my living room window and on a clear day I can see Turkey. The mountains stretch out over the Black Sea. I've thought driving over and entering Turkey someday. However I just found out I can't.

Updated Guidance (11/20/17): The Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs informed the Embassy that the Government of Turkey will only allow  U.S. citizens to board flights to Turkey and obtain visas upon arrival (a.k.a. ‘airport visas’ or ‘border visas’) if the U.S. citizens have valid residency permits from another country (i.e. Germany, the U.K., Greece, etc.).  U.S. citizens are otherwise no longer able to obtain border/airport visas.
U.S. citizens already in possession of valid Turkish “sticker” or electronic visas are able to enter Turkey.
U.S. citizens can continue to transit international terminals in Turkey in route to onward international destinations.
United Nations laissez passer holders and U.S. citizens traveling on NATO travel orders continue to be able to enter Turkey without a visa.

I think Trump may have riled them a bit. Also I found out USC passports rank 6th in desirability. The best one for travel is Singapore. US passports are on the same level as those of Canada, Ireland and one other country, 

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2018, 07:54:56 AM »
So I guess no one here would have the bottle to threw their passport away in exchange for a Russian one, how ever much they may love or hate the Motherland  ;D 

Its a good job some of us don't just talk about stuff but actually do it. My Uk passport will be in the garbage bin for absolute 100% at some point if all works out
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2018, 08:49:24 AM »
It's not about 'bottle'..it's about what a passport can do for me.. My Oirish one rates at number six re places I can go without a visa ...