The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian convicted of spying for the Brits poisoned (?) in the UK West Country ?  (Read 44975 times)

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
Another unlucky Russian journalist who very sadly accudently fell five floors and died.

Russian reporter Borodin dead after mystery fallhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43781351
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Ste

• RIP
Another unlucky Russian journalist who very sadly accudently fell five floors and died.

Russian reporter Borodin dead after mystery fallhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43781351

Apparently he left a suicide note in the form of an article critising the regime...

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20

Russian journalists have a habit of falling out of windows, catching bullets, choking on rope and accidently eating radioactive poisons. The latest journalist died after writing a piece saying hundreds of Russian mercenaries got killed by American forces in Syria.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43781351
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5

Russian journalists have a habit of falling out of windows, catching bullets, choking on rope and accidently eating radioactive poisons. The latest journalist died after writing a piece saying hundreds of Russian mercenaries got killed by American forces in Syria.

Western journalists never end up dead when they expose illegal gun-running or other crimes of the CIA now do they?  (:)

Serena Shim is an American citizen of Lebanese descent who was born near Detroit. Shim worked for Iranian broadcaster Press TV as a foreign correspondent covering wars, legitimate protests and fake uprisings in multiple countries. She reported live from Syria, Iraq, Turkey, and Lebanon during the conflict since 2011, including in the critical region of Daraa during the beginning of protests, which are misrepresented by American media as the reasons for the fake civil war.

Serena Shim was killed two years ago on October 19, 2014, in Turkey while reporting on the intense battle for the Syrian border city of Kobani which was the focus of international media attention. She was 29 when she died

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/serena-shim-killed-syria-war-conspiracy/

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
1/ THE UK might have clever scientists who made an antidote ? 

Oh yes, and they kept that secret!  :chuckle:

The "poisoning by Novichok" was fake as most sensible people now know.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Manny

Ok let’s have a bit of fun here.

If China for example, decides that it was likely, that the U.K. has been using chemical weapons on its civilians, should they launch an attack on our infrastructure and take out the threats?

And would those who support the Syrian attack feel that this theoretical Chinese attack, be warranted?

:popcorn:

The Chinese would be within their rights in the modern era ..   Sadaam wasn't the first to bomb and gas Kurdish villages in Iraq..Churchill was....

You'll be apologising for the Empire next.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member

Agreed, it’s brutal stuff.

Google Dr David Kelly, good read but won’t fit your narrative.

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
Ok let’s have a bit of fun here.

If China for example, decides that it was likely, that the U.K. has been using chemical weapons on its civilians, should they launch an attack on our infrastructure and take out the threats?

And would those who support the Syrian attack feel that this theoretical Chinese attack, be warranted?

:popcorn:

Yes, China should be able to bomb UK if they are plotting to use chemical weapons on its own populace.  But that is presuming, that "all men are created equal".  As seen in centuries past, this is not true.  The powerful controls the weaklings.  The only way for the weaklings to stand up to the powerful is to "level out the playing field". Similar to what DPRK is attempting to do.  Might makes right and you all are just temporary inhabitants on this planet. 
“God Created Men and Sam Colt Made Them Equal!”

:chuckle: :fighting0025:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Wiz

Are you aware that the Bank of Syria is State Owned where the Federal Bank of the US is Private?

The war in Syria is going on for 7 -8 years..... and the state is still functioning..

Have you read about Aleppo and what is happening there, after a year of liberation?

tiphat
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
On March 15th I suggested that I had read - via a link from a Russian - from a Russian forum- that 'Novichok' was designed to be transported as two chemicals - that would be hard to detect if travelling by air ( Binary format )  - that when mixed - make the nerve agent

Well, now - The BBC seem to have found the same source ...

Some of the agents are also said to be "binary weapons", meaning the nerve agent is typically stored as two less toxic chemical ingredients that are easier to handle.

When these are mixed, they react to produce the active toxic agent which can cause convulsions, shortness of breath, profuse sweating and nausea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43798068
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
Hmmmm

So a couple days ago, we're told that the 'cleaners' are coming to Salisbury to cleanse and incinerate the area from all the nasty Russian poison even though the pictures showed government 'cleaners' in full chemical gear as the fire & police stood next to them in uniform.  :chuckle:

Now the BBC are telling us that the town is actually safe for both residents and visitors. Weird that....which one is it?  :'(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43833582

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
According to those who might know - as opposed to a random bloke on a forum, the Russian research program had been unable to create a binary form of the agents in the range under discussion. The U.S., on the other hand, HAD done so and, furthermore, had patented the process having previously asked the relevant authorities in Russia whether there was an issue with patenting the process. This was likely to have been about the concept of 'prior art' whereby a patent can be invalidated if the subject of the patent had been developed previously, even if the prior usage had not been patented.

As I recall, the U.S. patent was specifically about some kind of bullet used to deliver the compound. The clear inference from this was that the U.S. had manufactured the chemicals attributed by the UK government only to Russian sources and had succeeded in delivering the compound in a binary format that had evaded the ability of the USSR.

This means that whether or not the Russians had succeeded in manufacturing the specific compound, which is in some dispute, that they were not the only possible source of that agent.

===============

Rosco, it is quite clear that not everything we have been told by the British government is factually correct. All that we do not know is what is true and what is untrue. Clearly, there is some form of pantomime going on. A couple of simple things about truth: generally, the truth is more simple than lies, the truth is also more consistent because one does not need to work to keep the story consistent.

A question that occurs to me is this: given that those who handle dangerous chemicals are highly trained to act in accordance with standardized, risk-reducing, procedures, just who were the people we saw wandering around in hazmat suits who were not following protocols that they should have been trained in?

I can understand ordinary coppers and fire service folks being unaware of all the protocols but the guys in the green moon-suits? They are a different story. Also, if I were a copper or fireman watching the guys in the green suits I'd have been shitting myself because I would have seen that I was unprotected but working with people who seemed to think they needed protection that I did not have.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Wiz

Has anybody has seen any photos of the Scripals ...after the poisoning?

this is the only photo I have seen sofar and it's before.......they were poisoned.

???  tiphat
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
According to those who might know - as opposed to a random bloke on a forum,

:))  The poster was no random Russian  - but someone who worked on the project in the 80's....  carry on

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Just watching "Sum of all fears" - loosely based on a Tom Clancy novel

Renegade Russian generals use Novichok - a new binary nerve agent to shell Grozny ...

Couldn't believe it ....

Tom Clancy employed ex- Soviet, US and UK military advisers

Offline Wiz

Yulia Skripal: Attempted assassination turned
my world upside down

Yulia Skripal survived an assassination attempt that UK authorities blame on Russia. But the daughter of one of Russia’s most famous spies says she wants to return to her country “in the longer term”, despite the poisoning.

“The fact that a nerve agent was used to do this is shocking,” Skripal told Reuters in an exclusive statement. “My life has been turned upside down.”

Yulia and her father Sergei Skripal, a former colonel in Russian military intelligence who betrayed dozens of agents to Britain’s MI6 foreign spy service, were found unconscious on a public bench in the British city of Salisbury on March 4.

Yulia Skripal, 33, was in a coma for 20 days.

“I woke to the news that we had both been poisoned,” Skripal said in her first media appearance since the poisoning. She contacted Reuters through the British police.

Skripal was speaking from a secret location in London as she is under the protection of the British state. She was discharged from Salisbury District Hospital about five weeks after the poisoning and has not been seen by the media until now.

Read the article and see the video at the Reuters web site, posted 10 minutes ago, with English sutitles.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-russia-skripal-yulia-exclusiv/yulia-skripal-attempted-assassination-turned-my-world-upside-down-idUKKCN1IO2L5

tiphat

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member

:))  The poster was no random Russian  - but someone who worked on the project in the 80's....  carry on

Oh, you worked on this project in the 80's. Wow, you really do get about a bit. I thought you were busy impersonating Timmy Mallet back then. :)

Offline Wiz

Oh, you worked on this project in the 80's. Wow, you really do get about a bit. I thought you were busy impersonating Timmy Mallet back then. :)

Din't you know that he is a man for all seasons?  :o

Why he went to Cyprus.... installing antenna's ONLY.....etc?  :biggrin:

:ROFL:

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5

He also claims he was in Libya and Syria prior to those conflicts; convenient huh?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED

Naturally, I was referring to a third person

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Isn't it great that Ms Skripal is saying that she hopes to return to Russia one day ?

Offline Ste

• RIP
Another one bites the dust by accidentally very tragically shooting himself in the back of the head...

Anti-Putin Russian journalist shot dead in Ukraine capital - The Telegraph

https://apple.news/Ayu1LSxj8RIO3qGG8b-1HUw

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
"Putin's regime takes aim at those who cannot be broken or intimidated,"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/prominent-russian-journalist-shot-dead-kiev-police-192352595.html
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
Another one bites the dust by accidentally very tragically shooting himself in the back of the head...

Anti-Putin Russian journalist shot dead in Ukraine capital - The Telegraph

https://apple.news/Ayu1LSxj8RIO3qGG8b-1HUw

Although I do not find it strange that anti-putin people keep dying, I am however suspicious of this particular one, since it happened in Kiev.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
There's more to this story than the very convenient framing/programming going on right now.

Registration