The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Youtube, instagram 'gone ' the way of Linkedin in Russia ?  (Read 1029 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Youtube, instagram 'gone ' the way of Linkedin in Russia ?
« on: February 14, 2018, 12:42:47 PM »
The banned Russian 'Presidential Candidate', Navalny - who has revealed  the  closeness of Manafort - a former 'Tramp' lobbyist / adviser ( who has worked for WELL DODGY regimes - and the Ukrainian deposed  President Yanukovych) , Russian Oligarchs and - by inference -  the Kremlin -  used Youtube to post a video - using the Oligarch's 'friend's'

Imagine my surprise to note that the Kremlin really ARE that stupid - threatening to block youtube and instagram - for carrying the story.

The instagram stuff was posted by a 'friend' of the Oligarch and the posts have been up for 1.5 years !

Could this be the same Kremlin that mocked Ukraine's decision to block RU social  media, banking, news, etc., etc.,  sites - and lots of Russians setup VPNs to allow Ukrainians to view the sites ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43058399

Please note censorship is banned as part of the RU constitution - but once again - Roskomnadzor - the media regulator - is doing JUST that.. as a result of a Court Order obtained by the Oligarch - as his g/friend had posted stuff on instagram that tied him into being EXACTLY where secret meetings between a long-standing Kremlin official and Manafort took place ..on the Oligarch's motor yacht

Next time you hear a Russian saying Ukraine is run by Oligarchs - check to see how black their pots are..

Tut, tut - we can't have this Navalny guy pointing out they are corrupt from the top, down

I reckon Youtube will cave in - so hopefully the video will simply appear somewhere else ... 

Hang on a min ..VPNs are now illegal - if used to view prescribed sites, in Russia

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Registration