The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian Brides returning home to the Motherland!  (Read 857 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Russian Brides returning home to the Motherland!
« on: February 05, 2018, 02:16:30 PM »
I have noticed over the last couple of years a fair few women who have married Western men , after being imported to the guys country are returning home disillusioned.

It seems to be on the increase also! I can tell you this from lots of experience, maybe I am wrong but I think not.
Two of my wife's friends are kind of on the verge of leaving their you know what after finding out the grass is not greener on the other side..Life is better in Moldova for some. And it certainly is in most large cities in Russia.
It usually takes just 2/3 years before these women get tired of living like a slave, when I say living like a slave I mean having to work round the clock and still having less spending money than when they lived in their home country..its not usually what they expected.

We have a friend here she's an older women, been married and living in Italy for a few years , we met up with her last week as she's back for Christmas. She told us she's looking for a job here, and if she finds a reasonable job she will not be returning to Italy..Finito.

Its the same standard story , she was expecting to have a nice life in Italy , but in fact it was pretty crappy, salaries were very poor and at the end of the month what she did earn was all used up contributing to household bills.

I have heard of the same story many times recently and the conclusion is this.

If you are a Western guy looking for a FSU women for marriage unless you have something to offer your women , like a fairly big salary , a nice house with a small or no loan on it, unless you can afford to support her without her having to go to work 24/7 to help with the household bills , its best not to even think about it. Best option is to find a women at home.

Lots has changed even over the last couple of years .. FSU women do not need to be imported to another guys country to work like a slave and join the "Rat race"

Money cannot buy love.. but today (Not 5 years ago) If you have no money.. you have little chance of finding love in any FSU Country..Sad but true..

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: Russian Brides returning home to the Motherland!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 06:23:01 PM »
I can probably support a family size of four or more persons.  My manager has just received his 15th grandchild and he is just a few years older than I am.  Some of his relatives live with him.  His house is about 3/4 the size of my house and his property taxes are less than half of mine. As in real estate, the biggest factor is location, location, location.   (:)

From reading some of the dating profiles, doing housework does not appear to be a major priority for some ladies.  I guess they expect you to hire a housekeeper.   :chuckle:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Tripleg

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 09:37:25 PM »
You guys are concentrating too much on money but forgetting about certain factors that matter even more, and that is the impact that the place to which these women locate to plays a big factor in whether they will want to stay here long-term.

Few normal FSU women want to migrate to a homogenous mid-western city which has few people she can relate to and where the culture is totally different from the one she grew up knowing. In most FSU cities people are used to socializing with their neighbors, walking everywhere, going to cafe's/movies, or just meeting up with lifelong friends on a whim to chat. Unless an FSU women moves to one of the few "Soviet neighborhoods" in USA (Brighton Beach in NYC, Philly, Pa or Pikesville, MD come to mind) she will have a hard time making friends especially if her English is poor. One of the worst things an American guy can do is move with an FSU lady to some rural neighborhood where she will not have a chance to meet any other immigrants and thus share her experiences. Just because someone has money and lives in a mansion will not mean much in the long-term, I guarantee you after a month or so that FSU lady will be bored to death and will develop strong feelings of home sickness.

Once again, best way IMHO to overcome this is to move to a diverse urban neighborhood and also to try to get her a job so she does not have time to feel bored and feels like she is making legit contributions.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 10:40:35 PM »
I have noticed over the last couple of years a fair few women who have married Western men , after being imported to the guys country are returning home disillusioned.

It seems to be on the increase also! I can tell you this from lots of experience, maybe I am wrong but I think not.
Two of my wife's friends are kind of on the verge of leaving their you know what after finding out the grass is not greener on the other side..Life is better in Moldova for some. And it certainly is in most large cities in Russia.
It usually takes just 2/3 years before these women get tired of living like a slave, when I say living like a slave I mean having to work round the clock and still having less spending money than when they lived in their home country..its not usually what they expected.

We have a friend here she's an older women, been married and living in Italy for a few years , we met up with her last week as she's back for Christmas. She told us she's looking for a job here, and if she finds a reasonable job she will not be returning to Italy..Finito.

Its the same standard story , she was expecting to have a nice life in Italy , but in fact it was pretty crappy, salaries were very poor and at the end of the month what she did earn was all used up contributing to household bills.

I have heard of the same story many times recently and the conclusion is this.

If you are a Western guy looking for a FSU women for marriage unless you have something to offer your women , like a fairly big salary , a nice house with a small or no loan on it, unless you can afford to support her without her having to go to work 24/7 to help with the household bills , its best not to even think about it. Best option is to find a women at home.

Lots has changed even over the last couple of years .. FSU women do not need to be imported to another guys country to work like a slave and join the "Rat race"

Money cannot buy love.. but today (Not 5 years ago) If you have no money.. you have little chance of finding love in any FSU Country..Sad but true..

Interesting to note, that a FSU (read Russian) person returning to reside in the motherland, is classed as "A Returning Resident", and is able (in most cases) to import back to her Ru home, all of her worldly possessions, inc car, TAX Free..
HTH
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Registration