The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian jet shot down in Syria's Idlib province  (Read 289 times)

Online Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: None Yet
Russian jet shot down in Syria's Idlib province
« on: February 03, 2018, 11:24:39 PM »
Yikes... this doesn't sound good.

Then again, I have trouble trusting the BBC after they called the brexit referendum as 'remain' before it actually occurred (for a moment I literally thought that the people had voted when, in actuality, the referendum had not yet even started).  ???

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42932616

This sounds an awful lot like the story of that Jordanian pilot who was burned alive a few years back.
"I've been abused, I've been confused and I've kissed Margaret Thatcher's shoes." ~ The Godfathers (from 'Birth, School, Work, Death')

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Russian jet shot down in Syria's Idlib province
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 12:21:15 PM »
It happened, it is real, and the people responsible are right now being introduced to their maker having been punished by a retaliatory attack from Russian forces. Apparently, 30 terrorists, including those responsible for the death of the pilot after he safely ejected and landed, are now dead.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-03/video-captures-cruise-missile-strike-militants-shot-down-russian-fighter-jet-syria

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Online Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 12:29:56 PM »
It happened, it is real, and the people responsible are right now being introduced to their maker having been punished by a retaliatory attack from Russian forces. Apparently, 30 terrorists, including those responsible for the death of the pilot after he safely ejected and landed, are now dead.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-03/video-captures-cruise-missile-strike-militants-shot-down-russian-fighter-jet-syria

30:1 ain't bad.
"I've been abused, I've been confused and I've kissed Margaret Thatcher's shoes." ~ The Godfathers (from 'Birth, School, Work, Death')

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 05:47:24 PM »
I'm surprised that they didn't carpet-bomb everything in a 5K radius.
"Get away from the keyboard little man. I know where you live." (Message left in my facebook mailbox by our resident psychopath.)

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 05:30:21 PM »
I am reading conflicting accounts of the pilot who got shot down by a surface to air missile.  Earlier it was reported that the pilot ejected and then was executed.  Now it is saying that the pilot committed suicide to avoid capture after he landed on the ground.   ???

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 05:45:25 PM »
I am reading conflicting accounts of the pilot who got shot down by a surface to air missile.  Earlier it was reported that the pilot ejected and then was executed.  Now it is saying that the pilot committed suicide to avoid capture after he landed on the ground.   ???

Russian language Twitter says he killed himself with a hand grenade rather than be captured.

Online Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 06:49:54 PM »

Russian language Twitter says he killed himself with a hand grenade rather than be captured.

Oh how positively dreadful. Probably better than burning alive in a cage though.