The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Dishonest Russian Taxi Drivers  (Read 3106 times)

Offline Jerash

• Trips: Resident
Dishonest Russian Taxi Drivers
« on: January 21, 2018, 06:46:11 AM »
Yesterday, I used the Yandex Taxi app to get a short taxi ride. I changed the payment method from card to cash, but at some point there was a loss of internet connection, so the values reset to my default. As I thought I was paying cash, I offered up the amount to the cabbie at the destination. If he didn’t inform me that he was already paid by card, he could’ve taken my cash payment too.

I never hesitate to take the taxi here, although I always use my app. 95% of the time, the cabbies have been well above expectations, decent and honest blokes.

In fact, in any aspect of life here in Moscow, nobody has ever tried to scam me in my 11.5 months here.

Sorry to disappoint for anyone looking for proof of dirty Russians!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
Re: Dishonest Russian Taxi Drivers
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 12:12:53 PM »
Yesterday, I used the Yandex Taxi app to get a short taxi ride. I changed the payment method from card to cash, but at some point there was a loss of internet connection, so the values reset to my default. As I thought I was paying cash, I offered up the amount to the cabbie at the destination. If he didn’t inform me that he was already paid by card, he could’ve taken my cash payment too.

I never hesitate to take the taxi here, although I always use my app. 95% of the time, the cabbies have been well above expectations, decent and honest blokes.

In fact, in any aspect of life here in Moscow, nobody has ever tried to scam me in my 11.5 months here.

Sorry to disappoint for anyone looking for proof of dirty Russians!

We also use Yandex taxi app and have never had a problem with it. Always used to hitch home after a late night out. Its cheaper to use the taxi app now though:)
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Jerash

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 01:54:29 PM »
Yep. App is the way to go these days. Guarantees the cheapest rates.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 04:38:03 AM »
If only  the honest cabbies didn't cancel when you've been waiting  and watching them coming - only for them to seemingly evaporate ;)
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 11:37:58 AM »
Yep. App is the way to go these days. Guarantees the cheapest rates.

Not in Dublin, they are the same taxi drivers!

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Registration