The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: What is the average age for a girl to marry in the FSU?  (Read 1373 times)

Offline needbreak

• Trips: 1-5
What is the average age for a girl to marry in the FSU?
« on: January 11, 2018, 11:04:39 PM »
What is the average age for a girl to marry in the FSU? Is there a "cutoff" age where society looks down on her if she is not married by a certain age?

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: What is the average age for a girl to marry in the FSU?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 03:31:58 AM »
What is your personal experience of this as you are in Novosibirsk?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 07:26:48 AM »
What is the average age for a girl to marry in the FSU? Is there a "cutoff" age where society looks down on her if she is not married by a certain age?

That used to be 25, but that's changed in the past few years.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline needbreak

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 02:09:14 AM »

I really can't detect a pattern as to the average age. Some say 19. But then there are many women of this age who don't have that as a goal. It's really difficult to tell. I am not even sure if there is such a "cutoff" age.

Offline needbreak

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 02:10:42 AM »

That used to be 25, but that's changed in the past few years.

B/B

Thank you B.B. I'll keep doing a search for updates.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 11:13:08 AM »

I really can't detect a pattern as to the average age. Some say 19. But then there are many women of this age who don't have that as a goal. It's really difficult to tell. I am not even sure if there is such a "cutoff" age.

19 ?? I think you are like 30 years out of date.. Only STUPID women from a village marry at 19, the same goes for the UK.. only stupid women have 5 kids by 22 ... :laugh:

Its the same in Russia as any where else in the world, don't take notice of all the false articles and blogs out there saying it is traditional in Russia for young women to get married at 19/20 they are just created with the sole purpose of usually making you part with your cash..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 04:29:04 AM »

19 ?? I think you are like 30 years out of date.. Only STUPID women from a village marry at 19, the same goes for the UK.. only stupid women have 5 kids by 22 ... :laugh:

My 'sis sent me the 1911 census for my Dad's side of the family, yesterday...

His father ( My Great-Granddad) married a lass 17 years younger - was retired by 52 ( ex-Royal Irish Constabulary)  and they had 7 kids together ..one of which was only 1 year old ...

Ste, would be interested to learn that it claims they could read and write Irish and English - well, all but the 3 and 1 yr old ...

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic