The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Birth tourism, Russian, mothers giving birth in the U.S  (Read 971 times)

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Birth tourism, Russian, mothers giving birth in the U.S
« on: January 09, 2018, 06:09:42 PM »
Of course  the liberal media  singled out Russian mothers,  but there's  many hundreds of illegals from  South of the  border that come without  visas.
What I have found interesting is the  large  sums of money being paid,  and to the  high praise these women have for citizenship for their  children 

Birth tourism brings Russian baby boom to Miami

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/amp/birth-tourism-brings-russian-baby-boom-miami-n836121
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Poldark

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Birth tourism, Russian, mothers giving birth in the U.S
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 09:06:03 AM »
I know a guy who was born in LA, literally born there with no other ties, his mum and dad went out, he was born and they left but he got US citizenship so all is good. He's not even returned to the US since! However much it cost, it was probably a massive waste.

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 10:56:07 AM »
Numbers are dwarfed by those "south of the border". I would be willing to bet that there are more Chinese women doing this than Russians.
Anchors Rewoven

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 12:31:02 PM »
Jus Solis - only USA and a few other countries base citizenship on it.
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 04:23:27 PM »

It has been mis-interpreted for too long - the "subject to the jurisdiction of" clause - about 30 million Hispanics need to be sent back home, as they never should have been recognized. Muslims too, especially the trash of the Muslim world: Somalis.
Anchors Rewoven

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 10:02:47 PM »
 :coffeeread:

It has been mis-interpreted for too long - the "subject to the jurisdiction of" clause - about 30 million Hispanics need to be sent back home, as they never should have been recognized. Muslims too, especially the trash of the Muslim world: Somalis.

How do you really feel?  :chuckle:

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 02:24:29 PM »
Perhaps the best known birth tourist is Dasha Zhokova who if I am not mistaken gave birth to her second child onboard Eclipse while moored at Manhattan. Her first child I believe was also born in the United States.

It was something of a joke at Basel why she was not present a few years back.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 02:35:41 PM »
Numbers are dwarfed by those "south of the border". I would be willing to bet that there are more Chinese women doing this than Russians.

There are far more Chinese and Hispanics taking advantage of this.

The negative coverage is part of a concerted effort by the US Media to paint anything Russian in a bad light.

Offline Crusader

• Watched
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 10:34:07 PM »

Let me just repeat what you said: :bow: