The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Cleaning Time (((  (Read 2774 times)

Online Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: Cleaning Time (((
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2018, 04:41:09 PM »

Are you sure they are going thru your fence?  There’s some critters that go from underground.

Indeed, I think we've been victim to some 'tunnel thieves' for sure. And on top of that (no pun intended), you have the threat of an avian attack unless you also add a sort of fencing on top as a roof. Perhaps it would be worth it to erect a greenhouse.

Then again, why not just run to the grocery store?  :biggrin:
"We'll start over again. Grow ourselves new skin. Get a house in Devon. Drink cider from a lemon." ~ Feeder

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2018, 05:24:51 PM »
Oh man I am glad I found this thread, so its not just my wife.  Im having my wife see an OCD psychologist on it its so bad.  She cleans daily to the point its annoying.  We stayed at a five star hotel in Manhattan a few months ago and It was less clean than our apartment.  We could eat Thanksgiving dinner off of our floor and it would be cleaner than 99.9 percent of the tables in the US.  Its gotten to the point where shes annoyed by touching cabinet handles because it gets fingerprints on it, shower curtain rings have to be perfectly lined up, and I have to eat over the kitchen sink.  But, shes finally going to the psychologist about it.  I hope to god we can turn a corner on it because some days it puts me at whits end.  My current coping mechanism is just leave until shes done cleaning, but its only a temporary solution.  Hopefully this psych can teach her that having dinner over the kitchen sink is not okay.  But I understand it man, its crappy.  Ive known a few who have this OCD too, it might be more common in the FSU.  It would be an interesting psych project for a grad school student for sure.

Count your blessings; having a wife who lets the place turn into the Augean stables would be worse. 
"Get away from the keyboard little man. I know where you live." (Message left in my facebook mailbox by our resident psychopath.)

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2018, 05:43:33 PM »
I got big piles of paperwork and items in many places.  I am OK with getting rid of it all.  But the cleaner will need to have a photographic memory.  Because if something that gets thrown out is needed in the future, heaven help that person.   :sick0012: :hidechair: :GRRRR: