The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Turkey's Invasion of Syria  (Read 2499 times)

Online Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Turkey's Invasion of Syria
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2020, 07:14:08 AM »
Will be interesting to see if PM BJissimo will shut down the Brexited Chunnel to keep this wave of 3.5 Millions of culturally enriching Afghanistan, Pakistan, Morocco, Uganda, etc., Gimmegrants out...

Don't worry about the channell, it's been well protected.... but the Albanians are doing a roaring business every weekend.....weather permitting. I was told, charging $12000 per person.....so a few hundreds are coming through including some fresh pot, their speciality!!

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Manny

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2020, 08:03:46 AM »
charging $12000 per person.....

They don't need to pay that. If they marry Moby one by one, just a few hours behind bars and et voila, you're in free of charge.  tiphat
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2020, 09:35:48 AM »
Also, after seeing more and more evidence coming from Syria (which is not reported here of course) , it seems that not all is right with Assad being the enemy.

I know a couple of people who used to live in Syria. They didn't like it. People there are willing to kill each other and oust the president so they could have a better future. Although Democrats and Republicans hate each other and Democrats hate Trump, we aren't willing to kill each other or kill the president. There a big difference in our countries compared to Syria. If we had Assad as our president, we'd too probably kill each other to oust him.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2020, 10:10:15 AM »
I know a couple of people who used to live in Syria. They didn't like it.

But many people did like it before the west instigated regime change and proxy wars ripped the country apart. Syria used to be peaceful and prosperous. She was also considered to be a western ally....until the forces at be hard other plans.

Although Democrats and Republicans hate each other and Democrats hate Trump, we aren't willing to kill each other or kill the president. There a big difference in our countries compared to Syria. If we had Assad as our president, we'd too probably kill each other to oust him.

Not true though. Here's just one of many murders related to your political situation.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/01/22/donald-trump-supporter-boss-stabbed-death-florida-man-deputies/4539723002/

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2020, 11:55:13 AM »

But many people did like it before the west instigated regime change and proxy wars ripped the country apart. Syria used to be peaceful and prosperous. She was also considered to be a western ally....until the forces at be hard other plans.

Although Democrats and Republicans hate each other and Democrats hate Trump, we aren't willing to kill each other or kill the president. There a big difference in our countries compared to Syria. If we had Assad as our president, we'd too probably kill each other to oust him.

Not true though. Here's just one of many murders related to your political situation.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/01/22/donald-trump-supporter-boss-stabbed-death-florida-man-deputies/4539723002/

Rosco you’re right on the money in regards to Syria.

The regime change clowns in the CIA financed a bunch of hateful Wahabi types to come over from Saudi Arabia.

Al Queda and ISIS were creations of Israel and the USA for the purpose of Balkanizing Syria.

US foreign policy is shameful and US media twists the truth 180 degrees.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2020, 12:22:30 PM »
Syria is in fact a 'divided' nation with a number of different ethnic groups and minorities, there is little love between them. Within the Sunni Muslims there is deep divisions and outright hatred. To compare it to the Balkans and what was Yugoslavia is in fact not entirely unfair.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2020, 12:25:45 PM »

Rosco you’re right on the money in regards to Syria.

The regime change clowns in the CIA financed a bunch of hateful Wahabi types to come over from Saudi Arabia.

Al Queda and ISIS were creations of Israel and the USA for the purpose of Balkanizing Syria.

US foreign policy is shameful and US media twists the truth 180 degrees.

Our ally slips up, admits to arming terror groups in Syria.

https://news.antiwar.com/2018/09/05/israeli-army-admits-to-arming-syria-rebels-then-censors-story/

Online Wiz

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2020, 12:43:17 PM »
Also, after seeing more and more evidence coming from Syria (which is not reported here of course) , it seems that not all is right with Assad being the enemy.

I know a couple of people who used to live in Syria. They didn't like it. People there are willing to kill each other and oust the president so they could have a better future. Although Democrats and Republicans hate each other and Democrats hate Trump, we aren't willing to kill each other or kill the president. There a big difference in our countries compared to Syria. If we had Assad as our president, we'd too probably kill each other to oust him.

If you remember it was the same in Vietnam.... until Ho Chi Minch finally kicked you out.........

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2020, 01:04:51 PM »
It should be noted for reasons that I am not certain Russia has deep historical ties to Syria. The cities of both Damascus and Palmyra appear repeatedly in artwork by Russian artists of the 19th century. Also I believe Pushkin mentions the country in poems.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2020, 01:08:13 PM »
It should be noted for reasons that I am not certain Russia has deep historical ties to Syria. The cities of both Damascus and Palmyra appear repeatedly in artwork by Russian artists of the 19th century. Also I believe Pushkin mentions the country in poems.

Probably true.

Either way Assad is the legitimate President of Syria, no matter what some internet trolls say.

He can invite who he wishes to invite for purpose of security of his country.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2020, 07:53:57 PM »
Syria used to be peaceful and prosperous. She was also considered to be a western ally....until the forces at be hard other plans.

I have an Iraqi friend who lived in Iraq and Syria. When the secret police makes their rounds to inspect people's homes, he hangs the photos of the Presidents on his wall and says all the right things. When the police leaves, he rips the photos down. When at the voting booth, and a guy with a gun is standing behind him looking over his shoulder, he knows who to vote for. The reports of the voting go worldwide and foreigners think everything is fine in those countries.

If people are unhappy with their government, they will pick up a weapon and go to war. This has been going on since the beginning of governments. America got help from France to beat back the British Empire. France probably didn't care about us but wanted to support a proxy war to hurt the British. What's right? What's wrong? There's always going to be fighting and going extinct is definitely wrong. Fighting is part of human nature. Anybody here thinking man can live with lasting peace is not dealing with reality. Wars are going to continue so we got to deal with it.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2020, 08:00:52 PM »
If you remember it was the same in Vietnam.... until Ho Chi Minch finally kicked you out.........

Soviets and Ho Chi Minh got the better of America in Vietnam. The place is very poor now. Kim Il-sung and China got the better of America in North Korea and the place is poor. South Korea, Japan and Germany are economic powerhouses after wars and American influence. Wiz, if your friends and people around you depend on you and aren't successful, you shouldn't brag. Go to Vietnam and you may see a person shit on the sidewalk and a dog will immediately go and eat the shit because there's not much better food for the dog. There's not much food at all. My uncle said a fat dog is a dead dog in Vietnam.

Online Wiz

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2020, 11:30:11 PM »

Soviets and Ho Chi Minh got the better of America in Vietnam. The place is very poor now. Kim Il-sung and China got the better of America in North Korea and the place is poor. South Korea, Japan and Germany are economic powerhouses after wars and American influence. Wiz, if your friends and people around you depend on you and aren't successful, you shouldn't brag. Go to Vietnam and you may see a person shit on the sidewalk and a dog will immediately go and eat the shit because there's not much better food for the dog. There's not much food at all. My uncle said a fat dog is a dead dog in Vietnam.

When was the last time you visited your birth country after running away with your American bosses?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2020, 12:18:05 AM »
Syria is in fact a 'divided' nation with a number of different ethnic groups and minorities, there is little love between them. Within the Sunni Muslims there is deep divisions and outright hatred. To compare it to the Balkans and what was Yugoslavia is in fact not entirely unfair.

AvHdB

I'd leave the 'analyses of Syria to folk who know what they are talking about ..

Syria was a creation of France / UK post WW1 and the break-up of the Ottoman Empire .. Like Iraq, and other nations the former colonies create, they left ethnicities on the 'wrong side' of new lines drawn on the map or ignored their ancient right to nationhood ( Kurds) at all..

Syria is ruled by a non elected  ( if you think a Presidential Election held during a civil war is 'valid' - you're havin' a larf ) family dynasty.  Aleppo was MUCH bigger than Damascus buy volume / population  and it's occupants felt no love for their 'leader' and suffered less 'love' in the form of amenities / facilities

When were you in Syria ?  - I admit I was there 14 years ago ..  That was when the Christian communities largely respected the Assads and trusted them  .. Where was the largest Christian settlement ? Aleppo ..

When I was a kid 'Terrorist'  was a BLACK word - clearly a bad person ..   

Now, I realise 'Terrorists' may be kids growing up in a city .. / country at a bad time ..    Could be Donetsk, Aleppo, Derry / Londonderry
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Registration