The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Privatising the English language..  (Read 889 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Privatising the English language..
« on: January 06, 2018, 12:06:51 PM »
I was just kind of wondering if it would be possible to privatise the English language ? A little like Bill gates has done with Microsoft.
So countries or people who where not native English would have to pay a yearly licensing fee.. :laugh:

Now wouldn't that ******* up the US economy ...

Maybe they would take up Mandarin as they don't have their own language.. :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Privatising the English language..
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 12:32:52 PM »
I was just kind of wondering if it would be possible to privatise the English language ? A little like Bill gates has done with Microsoft.
So countries or people who where not native English would have to pay a yearly licensing fee.. :laugh:

Maybe they would take up Mandarin as they don't have their own language.. :laugh:

They've got Trumpspeak - aka total shite...
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 12:38:18 PM »

What do you mean total shit!! What is wrong with him? You would rather have a thieving bitch in the white house then? And can you imagine if she was, they would need an army of cleaners to clean the oval table up every night after her husband has been bonking everyone on it.. :ROFL:

It is beyond me how anyone can possibly think anyone else is better than Trump...

Just answer me one question? Have you a pair of Red or Yellow trousers?

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 12:43:07 PM »

What do you mean total shit!! What is wrong with him? You would rather have a thieving bitch in the white house then? And can you imagine if she was, they would need an army of cleaners to clean the oval table up every night after her husband has been bonking everyone on it.. :ROFL:

It is beyond me how anyone can possibly think anyone else is better than Trump...

Not saying that at all, just that I agree with the consensus, Trump is a moron.

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 02:17:47 PM »

What is wrong with him?

Have you got a lot of time on your hands.... it will take some time  :chuckle:

Quicker to ask, what's RIGHT with him? ...
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 04:23:58 PM »

Nah, we'd just stamp "PAID IN FULL" on your shit and send it back.  It it wasn't for us, you'd be speaking German or, more likely, Russian, and farming turnips and potatoes for your Teutonic or Slavic masters.

More people speak English the way we speak it than the way you speak it.   :coffeeread:

No worries, anyway.  In Blighty, the "native" tongue will soon enough become Arabic or Urdu or some shit, and those of us in the US will only speak of "Great Britain" in the past tense.    :GRAVE:

That will actually be a sad day for us, but a sadder one on the other side of the pond, I'm sure.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 05:22:11 PM »

There is no consensus. You surround yourself with other tech geeks, you watch fake news and you’re not in the USA either.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 01:12:01 AM »

Well I guess sometimes it helps to be a moron if you want to be a billionaire , he's clearly a lot smarter than most who criticise him , unfortunately they have to work for ***** all most of their lives. So he's not that stupid is he?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 01:13:35 AM »

Nah, we'd just stamp "PAID IN FULL" on your shit and send it back.  It it wasn't for us, you'd be speaking German or, more likely, Russian, and farming turnips and potatoes for your Teutonic or Slavic masters.

More people speak English the way we speak it than the way you speak it.   :coffeeread:

No worries, anyway.  In Blighty, the "native" tongue will soon enough become Arabic or Urdu or some shit, and those of us in the US will only speak of "Great Britain" in the past tense.    :GRAVE:

That will actually be a sad day for us, but a sadder one on the other side of the pond, I'm sure.

B/B

:Zzzzsleep: :Zzzzsleep: :Zzzzsleep:  Ye thanks for coming over in the last minute and saving England... :laugh:   :Zzzzsleep: :Zzzzsleep: :Zzzzsleep:

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 06:13:16 AM »

B/B

:Zzzzsleep: :Zzzzsleep: :Zzzzsleep:  Ye thanks for coming over in the last minute and saving England... :laugh:   :Zzzzsleep: :Zzzzsleep: :Zzzzsleep:

Behave like adults and we won’t need to come over and save you in the last minute.

However the writing is already on the wall for your next catastrophic failure in the making.  :GRRRR:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 06:18:59 AM »

B/B

Behave like adults and we won’t need to come over and save you in the last minute.

However the writing is already on the wall for your next catastrophic failure in the making.  :GRRRR:

Yes sad but true ((( Thats what happens when you have to many liberals running the place, if I was in power the country would be "Great" again...now its just an embarrassment..