The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: 10 days in Lvov with an angel  (Read 61713 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: 10 days in Lvov with an angel
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2018, 01:07:41 PM »

So if you send some women over there a second hand i phone 4 you are GOD ?

Not if her other lover just sent her a new Iphone-6s

:laugh: tiphat
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline justadude

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2018, 10:58:38 PM »
She said YES yesterday. I/we are working on the visa application.

Congratulations!  tiphat

Do I see a surprise visit in your near future?
Thanks! I would say that's not out of the question if the visa drags on past 6 months, which is likely.

VisaJourney predicts 255 days start to finish at this time.

I hope to get the application in the mail by Monday. She is working on her part of the form, I am working on mine and we are gathering evidence of the relationship together.

I continue to be impressed with how even keel she is.

The way she told me "yes" was really cute. 

I wonder if it hurt when she fell from heaven))

two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Offline TomT

« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2018, 12:00:00 AM »
If you are wise, you will visit her again post haste.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2018, 02:44:56 AM »

It appears that all the guys who have been in this position, are giving him the same advice. I hope he takes note.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2018, 03:28:39 AM »

It appears that all the guys who have been in this position, are giving him the same advice. I hope he takes note.
It seems kind of sad, that this is even advice that needs to be given. If you are in love, wouldn't you want to spend as much time together as soon as is humanly possible?
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2018, 03:46:29 AM »

It seems kind of sad, that this is even advice that needs to be given. If you are in love, wouldn't you want to spend as much time together as soon as is humanly possible?

Not if you're shopping for a mail order bride. You've selected your product so why go back to the shop?

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2018, 04:07:47 AM »

Not if you're shopping for a mail order bride. You've selected your product so why go back to the shop?

To make sure it fits of course!!!  :party0011: :ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2018, 03:05:52 PM »

Congratulations!  tiphat

Thanks! I would say that's not out of the question if the visa drags on past 6 months, which is likely.

I hope to get the application in the mail by Monday. She is working on her part of the form, I am working on mine and we are gathering evidence of the relationship together.

How did she tell you yes? Congratulations!

I agree with the others about a return visit.

Use a travel agency if need be to get shorter transit times. Their fees are actually very low and they can get this done for you much better than what you reported!  Bon Voyage.  :plane:

Offline justadude

« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2018, 11:57:28 PM »
We video talk live only on weekends because that’s when our schedules sync. I messaged her in my morning and asked her how her day was. She said something about waking up alone. I said “I like the mornings when we wake up together”
She said “me too, that is why I say “YES””
 I clarified the meaning and started working on the visa application))

I’m probably about 6 hours into it so far. Over 150 pages of text conversation, pictures, airline tickets, hotel receipts, gift receipts, the app itself.

I’m hoping to get it in the mail Monday.
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Offline Jerash

« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2018, 06:19:44 AM »

The shop is the dating site, not the country to visit her and meet the family.

Offline Jerash

« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2018, 06:21:09 AM »

Congratulations!  tiphat

How did she tell you yes? Congratulations!

I agree with the others about a return visit.

Use a travel agency if need be to get shorter transit times. Their fees are actually very low and they can get this done for you much better than what you reported!  Bon Voyage.  :plane:

Or ask us here, we can definitely help you get a flight that is well below 40-50 hours!

Offline Jerash

« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2018, 06:23:01 AM »
We video talk live only on weekends because that’s when our schedules sync. I messaged her in my morning and asked her how her day was. She said something about waking up alone. I said “I like the mornings when we wake up together”

I’m probably about 6 hours into it so far. Over 150 pages of text conversation, pictures, airline tickets, hotel receipts, gift receipts, the app itself.

Good luck!  Put more work into the girl than in the application (I.e., fly to her soon!). Don’t let her lose faith.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2018, 07:29:35 AM »

Good luck!  Put more work into the girl than in the application (I.e., fly to her soon!). Don’t let her lose faith.

:thumbsup:

Offline justadude

« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2018, 09:39:58 PM »

What if I just send her some flowers every month? Will that make you guys happy? :dh: :) :)

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2018, 08:01:38 PM »
It seems some have a hard time understanding reality, if a member has a job that allows or prevents him from visiting his partner for extended periods than that is something the parties need to accept and work out. We can offer suggestions or opinions but the reality might be different than what we would prefer or advise.

On the other side justadude has shown both dedication in his endeavour and an amazing aptitude of picking the worst flight schedules possible. I am sure he is quite good at (re)building vehicles but as a navigator he might be able to find flights from Reno to Denver via Mexico City.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2018, 08:21:29 PM »

What if I just send her some flowers every month? Will that make you guys happy? :dh: :) :)

You made a mistake somehow with your quote above. You quoted Jerash but gave credit to me. Please be careful when quoting.

Offline justadude

« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2018, 09:32:58 PM »
Will do. Sorry

Offline justadude

« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2018, 09:36:29 PM »
as a navigator he might be able to find flights from Reno to Denver via Mexico City.
:laugh:
I gladly accept that from an experienced yachtsman such as yourself!

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2018, 08:45:35 AM »
It seems some have a hard time understanding reality, if a member has a job that allows or prevents him from visiting his partner for extended periods than that is something the parties need to accept and work out. We can offer suggestions or opinions but the reality might be different than what we would prefer or advise.

You're talking bull shit Av. For what its worth and it doesn't really matter other than hammering home an important point, to anyone who does this, but he said and I quote;

I told her that if she marries me she will be making the trips back to see her folks solo.

When I was her age I didn't mind as much as I do now. Then again, I didn't really travel that much back then. I think I need to get rich and buy a private jet with a bed if I want to keep this up.

Now he's found her, he can't be arsed going back because its a hassle. Supporting his new wife who's just given up her life to be with him is a hassle. His new Ukrainian extended family are a hassle. She can go back alone because the hunting trip is over for him.

It's up to him but don't paint a different picture for the readers Av. We've already found out on this very forum that back slapping only causes problems further down the road.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2018, 08:48:44 AM »
Double post.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2018, 09:10:19 AM »
Will do. Sorry

No worries. The words were from Jaresh and the thumbs up was from me. I didn’t write them but did agree with them.

Any change of heart about a return visit to her and her family?

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2018, 06:41:09 PM »

You made a mistake somehow with your quote above. You quoted Jerash but gave credit to me. Please be careful when quoting.

This is an easy mistake when you start to parse out the "/ quote" levels and then edit out internal ones that don't connect with the correct avatar.  Your intention is to shorten the overall quote material, but you take out the wrong "/ quote" connected to the removed items.  Try doing it with a 100 level quote and just removing the ones at level 15, 40, 78, 88, and 95.    :ROFL:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2018, 06:48:39 PM »
Or as an alternative, you can take out the avatar reference entirely as below.

I am sure he is quite good at (re)building vehicles but as a navigator he might be able to find flights from Reno to Denver via Mexico City.

I recall a recent news item about 2 passengers on a plane (strangers) who got really close to each other on a flight from TN to MI.  I think they were arrested when they deplaned in MI, but one of the passengers eventual destination was Miami.  So that person was flying up north before flying south.  Perhaps to earn more travel miles (and to experience the mile high club?).   (:)
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2018, 07:57:37 PM »
Or as an alternative, you can take out the avatar reference entirely as below.

I am sure he is quite good at (re)building vehicles but as a navigator he might be able to find flights from Reno to Denver via Mexico City.

I recall a recent news item about 2 passengers on a plane (strangers) who got really close to each other on a flight from TN to MI.  I think they were arrested when they deplaned in MI, but one of the passengers eventual destination was Miami.  So that person was flying up north before flying south.  Perhaps to earn more travel miles (and to experience the mile high club?).   (:)

I imagine if one flies those distances or say from the west coast of the United States to Ukraine one might have the opportunity to join the mile high club more than once.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline justadude

« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2018, 09:14:36 PM »
Here’s a little update. I have been able to relax a little more and our communication has gotten easier. I video call out of the blue sometimes if she’s having a bad day or just for no reason. She answers when she can, but work keeps her pretty busy. the main schedule is a few texts in the morning between my classes, which is afternoon for her, then I wish her goodnight before I teach my last class. Then at least one 30 min video call on the weekends.

I sent her V day flowers. She put on different outfits???? and took pictures for me. I sent her flowers yesterday for woman’s Day, too. She really appreciates that. She hangs out a lot with her brothers family and with GFs from work and elsewhere, including weekend trips.

A couple weeks ago I took a trip to a coastal town near here where I’d like to live in a couple years. She is onboard with that and liked the pictures. I’m sure to her it’s all the same because she hasn’t seen any of it anyway. But I realize a couple pitfalls are that it would be two major moves for her in two years and I won’t know anyone there either. Also, there are hardly any FSU peeps there for her to get to know.

I have spent some time on VisaJourney. My best guess is that we will get our second notice in May to July, at which point her interview should occur within a month of that. She plans to wait until nearly the last moment before leaving (2 weeks or so)  her job, which I think is prudent. We talked about what she’ll do with her apartment. She wants to sell it but I suggested she keep it, rent it out and let her brother manage it and send the income to her parents.

I raised the idea of visiting her in a couple weeks, knowing it wasn’t a good time because she works 50hrs a week and is gone for 65+ and now is taking classes for work 6 more hours per week. She said she’d rather I come for her interview, which I’m contemplating. I met her Mom on a video call a month ago but she hasn’t met any of my family. She is very self conscious about her English.

That's all I can think of at the moment