The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Translator opens up about agency scams  (Read 3570 times)

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Translator opens up about agency scams
« on: January 03, 2018, 10:44:35 PM »
An interview with a translator for a couple  major dating sites tells all. Surprisingly  she is not who you  would expect to find in a  Ukrainian dating agency.
But she is better than a hairy Boris.

Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
Re: Translator opens up about agency scams
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 01:42:39 AM »
An interview with a translator for a couple  major dating sites tells all. Surprisingly  she is not who you  would expect to find in a  Ukrainian dating agency.

Thank you Tom Cat for posting that. All through the 40 minute video it talked about 50-60-70 year old guys getting scammed by 20 something Ukrainian women working for a scam agency. How the women who were not sincere about hooking up with them (duh). I kept thinking about us old coots who were interested in women over the age of late forties to early fifties. The video answered that at the end. Also mentioned something about what I thought of, church girls (women).

I am leaving for Lvov Ukraine Sunday morning at 5 AM. Layover in Minsk. I should touch down at Lvov at 1:30 PM. Off to where, I don't know.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 08:04:33 PM »

Thank you Tom Cat for posting that. All through the 40 minute video it talked about 50-60-70 year old guys getting scammed by 20 something Ukrainian women working for a scam agency. How the women who were not sincere about hooking up with them (duh). I kept thinking about us old coots who were interested in women over the age of late forties to early fifties. The video answered that at the end. Also mentioned something about what I thought of, church girls (women).

I am leaving for Lvov Ukraine Sunday morning at 5 AM. Layover in Minsk. I should touch down at Lvov at 1:30 PM. Off to where, I don't know.

Maxx, how long are you planning on  being in Ukraine? I do hope you have a great time, and  post about your adventures 
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 08:13:27 PM »
Here's another video from a  married Ukrainian woman's experience working for an agency.
I'm posting these links for any newbies that might not yet understand how these agency scams work.

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 01:49:53 AM »

Maxx, how long are you planning on  being in Ukraine? I do hope you have a great time, and  post about your adventures

Thank you and I will do. I'll be in Ukraine for 4 weeks. Then back to Batumi.