The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Star Wars VR Gamer Dies in Moscow  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Star Wars VR Gamer Dies in Moscow
« on: December 27, 2017, 07:01:27 PM »
A Virtual Reality gamer in Moscow has died due to a dangerous addiction.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vrfocus.com/2017/12/moscow-gamer-dies-playing-vr/amp/

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: Star Wars VR Gamer Dies in Moscow
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 01:24:17 PM »
A Virtual Reality gamer in Moscow has died due to a dangerous addiction.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vrfocus.com/2017/12/moscow-gamer-dies-playing-vr/amp/

This article reminds me of a similar incident whereby a guy ran through a sliding glass door (shattering it), was cut on the broken glass and subsequently bled to death... a strange way to go for sure.

A dear extended family member gifted me a pair of those imagination goggles for Christmas this year. I think I'll take a photograph of myself wearing the thing to send to her, then donate the contraption to some group / school that'll actually make use of it.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Registration