The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Bomb blast in St. Petersburg  (Read 1523 times)

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
Bomb blast in St. Petersburg
« on: December 27, 2017, 02:49:04 PM »
Not much is known yet, except it was a home-made device with many small iron particles meant to cause maximum harm.

http://tass.ru/proisshestviya/4848190

Better link:

https://www.rt.com/news/414373-explosion-petersburg-store-injured/
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: Bomb blast in St. Petersburg
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 06:54:36 PM »
What is the matter with people anymore?

It would appear that no one has died in this event, hopefully all victims will recover.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 07:06:24 PM »

It would appear that no one has died in this event, hopefully all victims will recover.

Everyone's hoping it's in the name of Islam so the narrative here can continue...
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 07:15:56 PM »

Everyone's hoping it's in the name of Islam so the narrative here can continue...

The narrative will continue whether this particular one was 'in the name of Islam' or not....don't worry, the Muslims will see to that.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 12:11:04 AM »

The narrative will continue whether this particular one was 'in the name of Islam' or not....don't worry, the a tiny proportion of wack jobs claiming to be Muslims will see to that.

B/B

Fixed your ignorant 'agenda' ... I expect it won't be 'allowed' and only my posts get so 'corrected'  :chuckle:
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 12:28:50 AM »

The narrative will continue whether this particular one was 'in the name of Islam' or not....don't worry, the a tiny proportion of wack jobs claiming to be Muslims will see to that.

B/B

Fixed your ignorant 'agenda' ... I expect it won't be 'allowed' and only my posts get so 'corrected'  :chuckle:

The only "ignorant agenda" is on the part of the fcuktard left that makes up every every excuse - such as the "No True Scotsman" fallacy you make above - because they cannot abide the TRUTH.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 12:46:13 AM »

B/B

The only "ignorant agenda" is on the part of the fcuktard left that makes up every every excuse - such as the "No True Scotsman" fallacy you make above - because they cannot abide the TRUTH.

B/B

How you dare to insult my friend Moby! :chuckle:

Have you watched these videos where he show his knowledge.........?

and also this one

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

tiphat

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 05:57:40 AM »

I'd imagine that those hoping for a particular narrative, could only be;

A) Decent muslims hoping to avoid further bad press.

or

B) The loony left requiring a statistical hiccup so they can defend Islam, for whatever perverse reason that may be.

Anyone assuming its Islamic, has good reason given what's been going on around the globe and in St Pete itself. Only a fool blinded by virtue signalling would think anything else. One thing we can guarantee is that Russia wont cover it up in their media, like we do at home.

It was only days ago, when some arsehole drove a car through xmas shoppers in Australia. Within minutes we were being told it had nothing to do with terrorism and the individual had mental health problems. We then learned the blokes were from Afghanistan and the story was laid to rest. The sheer number of similar attacks around the world over the past couple years alone is horrific and nearly every main western country suffered. Every so often a story pops up about a terrorist attack and even I'm like - Oh I forgot about that one! I'm of the opinion that its by design.

But yea.....lets just put it down to mental health and pretend this will all clear up by sticking our heads in the sand. In fact if we increase mass immigration from predominantly Islamic countries, dilute our values, import 3rd world culture and apologise, then maybe this will all sort itself out?

Back to the StP attack, I hear there's long odds on the Church of Scotland if anybody likes a long punt?  :-X

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 12:42:44 PM »
From what I've read today it's been called a terrorist attack by  Putin.
There's also video footage of the suspect.
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Tom Cat

Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Registration