The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: What are my travel options from UK to Krasnodar?  (Read 14900 times)

Offline 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: What are my travel options from UK to Krasnodar?
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2017, 06:18:09 PM »
Brits have to jump through the fingerprinting hoops, means a trip to someplace to get that done on top the actual visa. You can get a courier to do the second bit though but it ends up costing. My last Russian visa in 2015 cost me all told around £1000 I kid you not, with all the extra train journeys to London and overnight stays etc. Was a business visa multi though.

I'd advise the OP to go to Ukraine, Kiev much prettier than most Russian cities and no visa required.

I have to get a new Russian visa myself, I'm not sure what the new
requirements are.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline 2tallbill

What are my travel options from UK to Krasnodar?
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2017, 06:27:24 PM »
I can't see there being much change out of a grand after doing all this and theres nothing to say that she isnt either nuts, a scammer, going to meet someone else in my absence, going to turn her nose up at my "cuddly" frame, or something else. I think I need to plan to go to Rostov while im there. That brings the coffee price down to just £500 per cup!

This isn't an inexpensive endevor. Let's call Krasnodar girl Betty and
Rostov girl Suzy.

You might be a candidate for a visit many, however if you are going to
Krasnodar to meet Betty, then Rostov girl Suzy is your second place girl.
You don't want second place girls so, if you don't hit it off with Betty,
then find another girl in Krasnodar. You can easily find plenty of
unmarried candidates there. 

Don't go jet setting across the FSU to meet second and third place girls.
You want a first place girl, every FSU girl wants to be your first place
selection so cross Suzy off your list.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline htrj

• Spouses Country: United Kingdom
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2018, 05:04:03 AM »
I have got the alter my approach if I am going to do this.

At the moment I'm like a kid in a sweet shop. All the girls I get talking to are more interesting than many I meet on home turf but now I've got to start choosing quality over quantity. I've never been in this situation before.....

Rosco's advice seems sound. Treat the journey as priority and the dates as a bonus.
     "From the point of ignition to the final drive, the joy of a journey is not to arrive" N. Peart.

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2018, 09:01:40 AM »
Morning Wiz,

You did point me in the direction of that site. Thanks for that because the girl im talking to in Rostov I met on there. Just to be clear though you did not advise how to avoid the scammers. All you said was:

"Have you visited Free Russian Personal dating site?

Plenty of good girls there .... but you need to know how to avoid scammers...... I do......."

Since then I have read other threads on how to avoid them, but the advice ive read still cant be relied on.

As for finding good girls closer to home, i'm just fancy testing the water in Russia. The fact is there is far more to choose from in the FSU. I do have another "iron in the fire" in Spain again although Im not expecting that to go far.

Perhaps im wrong but this one in Krasnodar I just felt a bit of a "click", maybe its not the same for her...........

Take a look at my instructions here:

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,27028.msg474249.html#msg474249

Why not try it? What have you got to loose?....IT'S FREE.

Good luck anyway. ;D

Except for two issues now;

1. Brexit will kill it.

2. Most people who have done it did it his way, move and work to say Ireland (thereby 'exercising a treaty right) and then, and only them do you become an EU citizen for immigration purposes, visiting etc doesn't count. At this point you import your foreign bride under EU rules and after three months the directive said you can move back to UK - all free of visa fees. But, UK saw this coming and now impose a 'centre of life' condition which means a year at least in the EU, with no UK ties. And UKVI also now consider this 'circumventing the UK immigration rules' - all against EU law but the UK is soft-touch for immigration, eh?

It's of course all possible if you are genuinely settling in another EU state, as Wiz did, but now this door is being nailed shut, and even if you managed it, your spouse would be in Citizenship limbo because the UK and EU haven't thought about how to handle this during Brexit, amongst many other things.

This route was favoured by Asians who got BC, moved to Ireland because EU rules count mothers, fathers etc as family members and returning to UK with them and the UK Adult Dependant Relative visa is expensive (£3500) and impossible to get too.

So realistically this option is gone for a UK citizen.

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline htrj

« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2018, 09:24:03 AM »
Ste, what would the scenario be if the UK citizen was fortunate enough to have dual Irish citizenship and an address in Spain?

Would that create any opportunities to simplify matters or make it cheaper?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2018, 10:03:36 AM »
Ste, what would the scenario be if the UK citizen was fortunate enough to have dual Irish citizenship and an address in Spain?

My name's not Ste, and the answer to that question - as a UK and IRL citizen - is that dual citizenship now precludes that immigration route.

I certainly would not try pretending residency in Spain - if you main residency is the UK

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2018, 10:06:15 AM »

Worse, Brit's with Irish nationality are counted as Brit only, UKVI on that one!

Doesn't stop you exercising a treaty right but you can't do it now as an Irish Citizen in UK, another example of the UK writing it's own EU rules wrt to immigration.

Spanish address means nothing apart from tax woes, to avail yourself of a treaty right you have to have registered locally, either been employed, student or person of means, the last two you need full local CSI too, remember EU has never harmonised local taxation, freedom of movement only applies for three months, then you must register locally for residence, tax, health etc. When I worked in Denmark I paid Danish tax and Danish health system charges. Same in Ireland now.
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2018, 11:02:59 AM »
Did the last three posts get moved to this thread by accident?
They look like Brexit posts rather than Boy meets girl in
Krasnodar or elsewhere.

Offline Poldark

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2018, 11:40:02 AM »
Did the last three posts get moved to this thread by accident?
They look like Brexit posts rather than Boy meets girl in
Krasnodar or elsewhere.
No they're talking about the Surinder Singh route which is no longer possible without relocating for at least a year and meeting other requirements which if one were an Irish citizen, wouldn't qualify as under British law, you're British so it's a route that won't work come Brexit.

Now if you're really thinking of going down that route, do you have the money for this endeavour to begin with?

Offline htrj

« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2018, 12:30:00 PM »
Please don't make me start discussing money again here....... Not after the trouble it caused last time  :'(

Right now I'm swatting up a bit before pestering your good selves for advice. My "Russian Bride Guide" has arrived but I haven't read all of it yet.

The short answer is, yes, the funds are available but I'm quickly realising that they are only available to the highest ranking candidates. As sweet as "Snra Belespana" was I'm beginning to realise she would not have been worth it.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2018, 01:17:27 PM »
Please don't make me start discussing money again here....... Not after the trouble it caused last time  :'(

Right now I'm swatting up a bit before pestering your good selves for advice. My "Russian Bride Guide" has arrived but I haven't read all of it yet.

The short answer is, yes, the funds are available but I'm quickly realising that they are only available to the highest ranking candidates. As sweet as "Snra Belespana" was I'm beginning to realise she would not have been worth it.

Go to the other thread and read the story about KenC. The key line is his ex could not comprehend the difference between $10, $100, $1000 or $100,000. Some FSU women are notorious for thinking that money grows on trees. Worse (IMO) they have zero concept of savings and 401K accounts.

(if you have such keep them top secret away from the little blood suckers prying eyes)

Offline Poldark

« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2018, 01:21:02 PM »

I'm unaware of what issues it caused last time but as long as you meet the financial requirements for the UK visa plus money for trips across, marriage, flights home for the holidays etc. it should all be good. I don't know how old you are but someone educated who can work is something to look for, if they don't have an education or a job that's transferable to the UK, nope right out of it.

As far as 'highest ranking candidates' are concerned, you may find that none of them are until you're in Russia or Ukraine or Belarus or wherever. Have you thought about starting off in Moscow or St. Petersburg then spreading out possibly to Nizhny Novgorod or Yekaterinburg and spending a week, two weeks in each place?

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2018, 01:25:34 PM »

I'm unaware of what issues it caused last time but as long as you meet the financial requirements for the UK visa plus money for trips across, marriage, flights home for the holidays etc. it should all be good. I don't know how old you are but someone educated who can work is something to look for, if they don't have an education or a job that's transferable to the UK, nope right out of it.

As far as 'highest ranking candidates' are concerned, you may find that none of them are until you're in Russia or Ukraine or Belarus or wherever. Have you thought about starting off in Moscow or St. Petersburg then spreading out possibly to Nizhny Novgorod or Yekaterinburg and spending a week, two weeks in each place?

Have you been to Nizhny Novgorod? BTW pretty cool plan.  :8)  :thumbsup:

Offline Poldark

« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2018, 01:41:24 PM »
Have you been to Nizhny Novgorod? BTW pretty cool plan.  :8)  :thumbsup:
No, I've got friends who live there though and from what I understand it's a good place overall and not too far from Moscow.

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2018, 08:46:15 AM »
My "Russian Bride Guide" has arrived but I haven't read all of it yet.

It's a good read and informative, the agency part is outdated, but
that part always becomes outdated first.

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2018, 08:57:34 AM »
are only available to the highest ranking candidates. As sweet as "Snra Belespana" was I'm beginning to realise she would not have been worth it.

You only want the best in any case.

Offline htrj

« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2018, 01:06:27 PM »

The less said the better, re: "what happened last time" but I would give your travel plan a go.

Go to the other thread and read the story about KenC. The key line is his ex could not comprehend the difference between $10, $100, $1000 or $100,000. Some FSU women are notorious for thinking that money grows on trees. Worse (IMO) they have zero concept of savings and 401K accounts.

(if you have such keep them top secret away from the little blood suckers prying eyes)

Strangely enough, I just got to the chapter in the "Bride Guide" about perceived greed and common attitudes to money in Russia when you said that. All part of the learning curve, by the sound of it.
are only available to the highest ranking candidates. As sweet as "Snra Belespana" was I'm beginning to realise she would not have been worth it.

You only want the best in any case.

I realise this endeavour is only worthwhile if the end result is the very best woman available, and there appears to be many for me to choose from.

Offline Poldark

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2018, 01:44:09 PM »
The less said the better, re: "what happened last time" but I would give your travel plan a go.
I've read through your history, it appears that you're going in like the Marines entering Baghdad. Don't.
I realise this endeavour is only worthwhile if the end result is the very best woman available, and there appears to be many for me to choose from.
Honestly, 99.9% of those online aren't going to be who you'll either meet or end up with. I've only kept in contact with one I met via Tinder (well reconnected with after we had an argument due to cancellation), the rest were when I was there and just chatting at bars or on the streets when lost (genuinely lost).

Go and have a holiday, talk to people while you're there and see what happens as at the very worst, you'll learn about the country's history, experience it as a local and have great fun and at the best, you meet your future wife. I honestly think that you're going about it the wrong way at the moment and you do need to calm down also, UK visa is no easy route at the moment so I do hope that financially you're able to fund this properly.

Offline htrj

« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2018, 04:26:56 PM »

"I honestly think that you're going about it the wrong way at the moment "

I couldn't agree with you more.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2018, 10:11:40 PM »

"I honestly think that you're going about it the wrong way at the moment "

I couldn't agree with you more.

You’ve had an actual relationship, which is more than the keyboard Romeo’s.  :whistle:

Offline htrj

« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2018, 11:10:06 AM »

"You’ve had an actual relationship, which is more than the keyboard Romeo’s.  :whistle:"

Better go and have another one then..... i suppose  :nod:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2018, 06:47:41 AM »
Brits have to jump through the fingerprinting hoops, means a trip to someplace to get that done on top the actual visa. You can get a courier to do the second bit though but it ends up costing. My last Russian visa in 2015 cost me all told around £1000 I kid you not, with all the extra train journeys to London and overnight stays etc. Was a business visa multi though.

I'd advise the OP to go to Ukraine, Kiev much prettier than most Russian cities and no visa required.

But he wants to come back with some money!!!!  ;D
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Annushka

« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2018, 10:51:08 AM »
Quote from: moby
A couple from Sochi - good friends of mine - had NO trouble sharing a room in Istanbul, recently and SC and I aren't legally married, either ... never any problems staying in hotels, apts, yachts.....   Perhaps some misunderstand Annushka's rules ;)

Istanbul is an Islamic city.  You can not live together because you are not married yet!

:chuckle:  Really, Annushka ... WHO told you this ?  It's simply untrue..   You have SC's contact details - call her and ask. "Are you aware that you are breaking the law when you share a bed with Moby in Turkey ?" ....and wait for the laughter !  :)

It is possible that not all Istanbul hotels. This is called "hotel policy". In the Historical part, for example in Sultanahmet, bad glory goes, prostitutes are many, police hotels check.
When checking the hotel police can take a normal woman for a prostitute. And make big penalties for the hotel.

We have been to Turkey 6 times in 4 years - staying in 3 different regions of Turkey ...never, EVER has an establishment asked for a marriage certificate.

Turkey needs Russian tourism money more than religious principles - still..   ;)

https://www.tripadvisor.in/FAQ_Answers-g293974-d294898-t2981476-Does_the_hotel_allow_unmarried_couple_to_stay_in.html

Stupidity! Going to travel to some countries, in addition to a passport, just in case, it is worth putting in a baggage a marriage certificate. The list of countries and hotels with the highest level of morality, we learned from the specialists of the company Level.Travel, which sells tours of more than 20 leading Russian tour operators online.
In the 21st century, this may sound surprising and even ridiculous, but in some countries there is still no need to testify to marriage when settling into a hotel - simply local laws do not encourage adultery. At the same time, problems can arise not only among traitors, but also between the groom and the bride or spouses who are in a civil marriage.

Turkey.

In one of the most popular among Russians, a marriage certificate proves useful. For example, it will have to be presented at the Ilksan Deha hotel, located in the center of Ankara, then the couple will be given one room for two at night. If the couple is not married, they will not refuse to be settled, but they will give two different numbers, so the unmarried will have to pay twice as much.

http://www.marieclaire.ru/stil-zjizny/semeynyie-tsennosti-oteli-kuda-ne-pustyat-bez-svidetelstva-o-brake/

Mark, I did not understand. Why do you care about my morality? Or immorality? ;D :chuckle: :ROFL:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2018, 10:59:10 AM »

Stupidity! Going to travel to some countries, in addition to a passport, just in case, it is worth putting in a baggage a marriage certificate. The list of countries and hotels with the highest level of morality, we learned from the specialists of the company Level.Travel, which sells tours of more than 20 leading Russian tour operators online.
In the 21st century, this may sound surprising and even ridiculous, but in some countries there is still no need to testify to marriage when settling into a hotel - simply local laws do not encourage adultery. At the same time, problems can arise not only among traitors, but also between the groom and the bride or spouses who are in a civil marriage.

Turkey.

In one of the most popular among Russians, a marriage certificate proves useful. For example, it will have to be presented at the Ilksan Deha hotel, located in the center of Ankara, then the couple will be given one room for two at night. If the couple is not married, they will not refuse to be settled, but they will give two different numbers, so the unmarried will have to pay twice as much.

http://www.marieclaire.ru/stil-zjizny/semeynyie-tsennosti-oteli-kuda-ne-pustyat-bez-svidetelstva-o-brake/

Mark, I did not understand. Why do you care about my morality? Or immorality? ;D :chuckle: :ROFL:

Because, Tanyusha dearest, I do not wish to spoil that chance for you to enjoy the chance of - at the very least - a holiday romance - worrying about nonsense xxx
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2018, 11:46:48 AM »

And guess what!

You can play the age old game of beat the (Bloke across the pond contestant) to the Plane and the Gold  :chuckle:

Ask 2tallbill and Donhollio they will tell you all about it  :-X

And for us in the good old UK its only a 3-4 hour flight and we are in country, something you can achieve after work in some cases  :king: or just a quick weekend break back for work on a Monday if you try hard

+1

Fortuna audaces iuvat
Fortune favors the bold
Virgil

Sorry no apologies to those that live on the "Wrong" side of the pond  :ROFL:

;D