The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: What are my travel options from UK to Krasnodar?  (Read 14898 times)

Offline Poldark

• Trips: 1-5
Re: What are my travel options from UK to Krasnodar?
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2017, 06:46:44 AM »
I do frequent Crimea a lot.

and it helps if you had -read- the rules :
As long as you enter Crimea without passing the UKR/Crimean border, you are ok. I.E. the road between Kherson and Rozdolne. Flying is no issue whatsoever, as UIA does not offer flights to Simferopol anymore so even if you weren't aware you are protected.
Is it worth it to go in the summer, flying via Moscow of course, it's just with what I hear, it's not the best place for a lone foreigner and I may be better off heading towards Sochi instead but where's the fun in that :king:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2017, 07:50:53 AM »

Personally I'd advise anyone wanting to experience Russia but tempted to go to Ukraine due to 'visa issues' to wait and spend the extra for a visa to Russia, you'll be much better off and no need for this 'graduate to Russia' BS.

Well, I don't know how many times you've travelled to UA / RU - but this 'BS' is based over 17 years and 50+ trips all over RU / UA ... from the UK .../ Cyprus - often via IST ;)

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2017, 09:09:56 AM »
I do frequent Crimea a lot.

and it helps if you had -read- the rules :
As long as you enter Crimea without passing the UKR/Crimean border, you are ok. I.E. the road between Kherson and Rozdolne. Flying is no issue whatsoever, as UIA does not offer flights to Simferopol anymore so even if you weren't aware you are protected.
Is it worth it to go in the summer, flying via Moscow of course, it's just with what I hear, it's not the best place for a lone foreigner and I may be better off heading towards Sochi instead but where's the fun in that :king:
Crimea is an excellent place for a visit The only 'unfriendlyness' is in the western-press.

My father visited Crimea when I wanted him to, all he encountered was his inability to read/write/understand Russian. Sochi may be more friendly on foreign languages.

But being a dutchy, my father managed it all very well and had a fantastic time there.

He also found out, its better to try in German than English. Usually it elicits the 2 words Crimeans know in German "Hitler Kaput".

OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline htrj

• Spouses Country: United Kingdom
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2017, 10:09:15 AM »
Im beginning to like to sound of the Istanbul idea. The trouble is, if I can't have anything other than my wife in the same room with me, I put the Rostov girl in one room and the Krasnodar girl in another, the pillow fights could get very interesting indeed!   

It would be helpful to me if someone could explain what ive got to do to get a Russian visa, or guide me to a thread to shows whats involved and prices.

I see the consulates advice but you more experienced folk will know exactly whats involved, how long it takes and how much leg work ive got to put into it. Maybe there's a firm that could do it for me for good value?

Offline Poldark

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2017, 10:13:23 AM »
Im beginning to like to sound of the Istanbul idea. The trouble is, if I can't have anything other than my wife in the same room with me, I put the Rostov girl in one room and the Krasnodar girl in another, the pillow fights could get very interesting indeed!   

It would be helpful to me if someone could explain what ive got to do to get a Russian visa, or guide me to a thread to shows whats involved and prices.

I see the consulates advice but you more experienced folk will know exactly whats involved, how long it takes and how much leg work ive got to put into it. Maybe there's a firm that could do it for me for good value?
Presuming it's the first visa you need to have a hotel booking for invitation, any hotel will do it's just for visa and make sure it's refundable. The hotel may charge for invitation if you cancel the stay however but it's no more than $20.

Then you need to go to VFS, follow the instructions for the visa you choose. You'll then be told when to go to the embassy for finger printing, additional questions etc. You then wait up to a couple of weeks for documents to arrive with visa and voila, to Russia you go. If you're not based in London, you'll have to factor that into the cost so you'll be looking at £200 maximum for visa and a further couple of hundred on travel to and from london with hotel.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2017, 11:50:34 AM »

A couple from Sochi - good friends of mine - had NO trouble sharing a room in Istanbul, recently and SC and I aren't legally married, either ... never any problems staying in hotels, apts, yachts.....   Perhaps some misunderstand Annushka's rules ;)

The consulates advice is perfect...  ? If you go to Manchester - you'll have one to one help - as long as you have a Hotel Voucher

Offline htrj

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2017, 03:08:08 PM »
Oh well, shes not in the mood for chatting about long weekends in the sun tonight anyway. Another time maybe.

Somethings bothering me though.........

Do you guys really put yourselves through all this every time you meet a bird online and fancy a coffee with her?

I can't see there being much change out of a grand after doing all this and theres nothing to say that she isnt either nuts, a scammer, going to meet someone else in my absence, going to turn her nose up at my "cuddly" frame, or something else. I think I need to plan to go to Rostov while im there. That brings the coffee price down to just £500 per cup!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2017, 03:10:15 PM »
Oh well, shes not in the mood for chatting about long weekends in the sun tonight anyway. Another time maybe.

Do you guys really put yourselves through all this every time you met a bird online and fancied a coffee with her?

I can't see there being much change out of a grand after doing all this and theres nothing to say that she isnt either nuts, a scammer, going to meet someone else in my absence, going to turn her nose up at my "cuddly" frame, or something else. I think I need to plan to go to Rostov while im there. That brings the coffee price down to just £500 per cup!

Welcome to the club!  :chuckle:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2017, 03:11:33 PM »

Do you guys really put yourselves through all this every time you met a bird online and fancied a coffee with her?

If you are paying per letter - STOP .... yes ..STOP...

The money's gone and learn your lesson

Pay-per-letter sites are for mugs ... I have paid, but wised up QUICKLY

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2017, 03:12:37 PM »

I think its easy to put 10k dollars in this adventure, if you get it right in a few tries and not a dozen.

OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2017, 04:04:39 PM »

I think its easy to put 10k dollars in this adventure, if you get it right in a few tries and not a dozen.

And visa fees if/when you do hit the jackpot. Currently UK visa fees from first fiancee/spouse visa to citizenship/passport plus NHS surcharge the UK charges now - reckon on about £8-10k for that lot over five years. Then there's two flights home a year for her to see her parents etc, though after 15 year now trips home get fewer, except she's buggered off to India now for a jolly, mostly cos we are not Chrismassy - reet Ebenezer me...

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Manny

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2017, 04:33:37 PM »

Do you guys really put yourselves through all this every time you meet a bird online and fancy a coffee with her?

It's a £20k-£50k caper all in with a few false starts and doing it right with lots of travel both ways. UK residence visas are over a grand a pop a decade ago, probably more now. Citizenship was four figures. Each trip is a grand plus. Its a few bob and it adds up over time.

Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2017, 05:05:07 PM »

It's a £20k-£50k caper all in with a few false starts and doing it right with lots of travel both ways. UK residence visas are over a grand a pop a decade ago, probably more now. Citizenship was four figures. Each trip is a grand plus. Its a few bob and it adds up over time.

Current UK settlement visa fees

FLR(M) - First temporary 2.5 yr Leave - £1464 plus £500 IHS (NHS surcharge - only fair!)
FLR(M) - second temporary 2.5 yr Leave - £1463 plus £500 IHS 

If applicant has dependents ie children, it's per person, so if she has 3 kids, sell one of Bentleys.

ILR - permanent leave to remain - £2297 and at the same time if you want...

BC - British Citizenship - £1282

So about 7.5k at the moment, be more in five years so budget £10k. Remember too it's a lot stricter than it used to be and anything over than a fixed penalty notice will make ILR/BC harder, especially BC which as HM Gov says, is a privilege not a right. So no CCJ's, no court appearances and no fiddling the tax man, any of these can mean staying on FLR and paying aver 2.5 years until clean or being denied citizenship for 10 years.

False ID's and deception can mean a total ban, worth noting given the average Russian's perception on what legal or not.
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Annushka

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2017, 10:35:48 PM »
A couple from Sochi - good friends of mine - had NO trouble sharing a room in Istanbul, recently and SC and I aren't legally married, either ... never any problems staying in hotels, apts, yachts.....   Perhaps some misunderstand Annushka's rules ;)

Istanbul is an Islamic city.  You can not live together because you are not married yet!
It is possible that not all Istanbul hotels. This is called "hotel policy". In the Historical part, for example in Sultanahmet, bad glory goes, prostitutes are many, police hotels check.
When checking the hotel police can take a normal woman for a prostitute. And make big penalties for the hotel.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2017, 12:07:37 AM »
Quote from: moby

Istanbul is an Islamic city.  You can not live together because you are not married yet!

:chuckle:  Really, Annushka ... WHO told you this ?  It's simply untrue..   You have SC's contact details - call her and ask. "Are you aware that you are breaking the law when you share a bed with Moby in Turkey ?" ....and wait for the laughter !  :)

It is possible that not all Istanbul hotels. This is called "hotel policy". In the Historical part, for example in Sultanahmet, bad glory goes, prostitutes are many, police hotels check.
When checking the hotel police can take a normal woman for a prostitute. And make big penalties for the hotel.

We have been to Turkey 6 times in 4 years - staying in 3 different regions of Turkey ...never, EVER has an establishment asked for a marriage certificate.

Turkey needs Russian tourism money more than religious principles - still..   ;)

https://www.tripadvisor.in/FAQ_Answers-g293974-d294898-t2981476-Does_the_hotel_allow_unmarried_couple_to_stay_in.html

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2017, 12:13:22 AM »
Sorry, htrj - I wrongly attributed ( quoted) you in a post responding to Annushka  :hidechair:

Offline sparky114

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2017, 01:43:11 AM »

Communication is the key factor, :-X many will tell you if your not on the phone or messaging at least once a day then she aint in to you  :coffeeread:

And the tell all scenario is your just another guy on the internet until you become real and turn up  :plane: :reading:

PS. At this time of the year the single guys get the ( i am lonely syndrome and turn to dating sites) so your not the only one out there writing! ...so now..... make your self different from the rest.
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline htrj

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2017, 01:47:43 AM »
Dont worry Moby, This is not a pay-per-letter job. I met this one on one of the free websites.

Out of a handful of women who didnt either get deleted while we were chatting or quickly start telling me how much she was falling in love with me, when we spoke on the phone she was the only one I felt a genuine connection with.

So I should reckon on £50k all in?

Lets just put that into perspective.

I could spend £50k on a 2 year old BMW which would be worth sod all as soon as I drive out of the show room.
I could spend £50k putting a deposit on a very small investment property which might give me a measly 2-3% yield.
I could spend £50k on a decades worth of golf club memberships and related paraphernalia,

Or I could spend it on someone who could, potentially, make my life easier, happier and more pleasurable.

Yes, I am selling this to myself but now I just need to find a way of getting better value out of the trips. 

Offline htrj

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2017, 01:52:26 AM »
Thanks for that Sparky.

I learnt my lesson with "Belespana". I ummed, ahhed, dicked about, wasted my time and hers for that matter and in hindsight I should have jumped on the plane months before I even registered for this site.
That would have saved a lot of time and heart ache.................

Offline Wiz

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2017, 01:54:22 AM »

Current UK settlement visa fees

FLR(M) - First temporary 2.5 yr Leave - £1464 plus £500 IHS (NHS surcharge - only fair!)
FLR(M) - second temporary 2.5 yr Leave - £1463 plus £500 IHS 

If applicant has dependents ie children, it's per person, so if she has 3 kids, sell one of Bentleys.

ILR - permanent leave to remain - £2297 and at the same time if you want...

BC - British Citizenship - £1282

So about 7.5k at the moment, be more in five years so budget £10k. Remember too it's a lot stricter than it used to be and anything over than a fixed penalty notice will make ILR/BC harder, especially BC which as HM Gov says, is a privilege not a right. So no CCJ's, no court appearances and no fiddling the tax man, any of these can mean staying on FLR and paying aver 2.5 years until clean or being denied citizenship for 10 years.

False ID's and deception can mean a total ban, worth noting given the average Russian's perception on what legal or not.

You forgot to add the income restrictions.......before you invite any Russian woman...., which starts around £18 500 a year and more if she has a child.!

Well thanks to STE, I used the EU Directive "Freedom of Movement" back in 2008 and brought my wife here for FREE.  :BEER: mate.

It costed more to translate our Marriage certificate by an Authorised translator........  and a return flight to Moscow to make the application. Then on the 8 July 2008 a one way tkt to Gatwick, with the now defunct "Kallinigrad Air", cost me £125.  After 5 years UK Naturalisation and Passport cost me nearly £1500.

htrj

In a previous post I made the suggestion of using this site which is free!
https://russian-personals.com/

I also advised how to go about it to avoid scammers.

I can assure you that you will find plenty interesting Russian ladies already in the UK...... speaking ... English and easy to meet without all the hustle travelling to Russia. CHECK IT.

Just has a look.... and found a couple of dozen of them!

:coffeeread:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline sparky114

« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2017, 02:05:55 AM »
Thanks for that Sparky.

I learnt my lesson with "Belespana". I ummed, ahhed, dicked about, wasted my time and hers for that matter and in hindsight I should have jumped on the plane months before I even registered for this site.
That would have saved a lot of time and heart ache.................

And guess what!

You can play the age old game of beat the (Bloke across the pond contestant) to the Plane and the Gold  :chuckle:

Ask 2tallbill and Donhollio they will tell you all about it  :-X

And for us in the good old UK its only a 3-4 hour flight and we are in country, something you can achieve after work in some cases  :king: or just a quick weekend break back for work on a Monday if you try hard

Sorry no apologies to those that live on the "Wrong" side of the pond  :ROFL:
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2017, 02:06:25 AM »
Dont worry Moby, This is not a pay-per-letter job. I met this one on one of the free websites.

Out of a handful of women who didnt either get deleted while we were chatting or quickly start telling me how much she was falling in love with me, when we spoke on the phone she was the only one I felt a genuine connection with.

So I should reckon on £50k all in?

Lets just put that into perspective.

I could spend £50k on a 2 year old BMW which would be worth sod all as soon as I drive out of the show room.
I could spend £50k putting a deposit on a very small investment property which might give me a measly 2-3% yield.
I could spend £50k on a decades worth of golf club memberships and related paraphernalia,

Or I could spend it on someone who could, potentially, make my life easier, happier and more pleasurable.

Yes, I am selling this to myself but now I just need to find a way of getting better value out of the trips.

Next you'll be thinking of pre-nups..

Look, this is not an sane or rational endeavour ... Love doesn't work that way ;)

Offline htrj

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2017, 02:43:14 AM »
Morning Wiz,

You did point me in the direction of that site. Thanks for that because the girl im talking to in Rostov I met on there. Just to be clear though you did not advise how to avoid the scammers. All you said was:

"Have you visited Free Russian Personal dating site?

Plenty of good girls there .... but you need to know how to avoid scammers...... I do......."

Since then I have read other threads on how to avoid them, but the advice ive read still cant be relied on.

As for finding good girls closer to home, i'm just fancy testing the water in Russia. The fact is there is far more to choose from in the FSU. I do have another "iron in the fire" in Spain again although Im not expecting that to go far.

Perhaps im wrong but this one in Krasnodar I just felt a bit of a "click", maybe its not the same for her...........

Offline Wiz

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2017, 04:48:19 AM »
Morning Wiz,

You did point me in the direction of that site. Thanks for that because the girl im talking to in Rostov I met on there. Just to be clear though you did not advise how to avoid the scammers. All you said was:

"Have you visited Free Russian Personal dating site?

Plenty of good girls there .... but you need to know how to avoid scammers...... I do......."

Since then I have read other threads on how to avoid them, but the advice ive read still cant be relied on.

As for finding good girls closer to home, i'm just fancy testing the water in Russia. The fact is there is far more to choose from in the FSU. I do have another "iron in the fire" in Spain again although Im not expecting that to go far.

Perhaps im wrong but this one in Krasnodar I just felt a bit of a "click", maybe its not the same for her...........

Take a look at my instructions here:

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,27028.msg474249.html#msg474249

Why not try it? What have you got to loose?....IT'S FREE.

Good luck anyway. ;D
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2017, 06:03:12 AM »

The trick here is to enjoy the chase. Don't let the search turn into a chore or an obsession. I gave it a shot years back, looking to mix travel and dating. If it stopped there then I'd have enjoyed the ride.