The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: What are the reasons that FSUW/foreigner marriages fail?  (Read 8774 times)

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: What are the reasons that FSUW/foreigner marriages fail?
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2018, 09:18:59 AM »

Search this board to find the story of an old timer ... KenC

tiphat

I don't know if KenC told his story here.

Cliff notes from my rusty memory
He had a young beautiful Russian wife and everything was great
for quite a long time maybe 10 years. Then he had a perfect storm,
a health issue? business difficulties and a biological clock ticking, things
fell apart while they remained friendly they ended up divorcing and later
he found a girl from somewhere else married and lived happily ever after.

Note: I may have the facts mixed up a bit. Others might have a link or
a better recollection than I do. 

Almost accurate apart of some well known parameters....... that made the end result predictable of that marriage! Happy to know that he recovered and found happiness in another eastern country!

I hope you are not left alone and "her in doors " is back home to keep you in order.!  :chuckle:

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018 !

PS: While I was typing my message...  noticed that Maxx filled the necessary absent information in your post!
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2018, 11:11:00 AM »
PS: While I was typing my message...  noticed that Maxx filled the necessary absent information in your post!

Thanks Wiz and Maxx

I never knew all the details.

S novym godom!
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Mr strange

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2018, 01:14:23 PM »
Cultural differences...,

An observation... You base this on 'experience' ?  ..'No trips, yet', in profile....

No but its obvious when you read about it and watch educational content about it.I have read enough and seen enough to know compared to the typical US guys going in cold with Anastasia date, Loveme or whatever company. Great books have been written to on what the differences are and they are exellent even if have not done any trips yet.