The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: What are the reasons that FSUW/foreigner marriages fail?  (Read 2588 times)

Offline justadude

• Trips: 1-5
What are the reasons that FSUW/foreigner marriages fail?
« on: December 12, 2017, 08:45:04 PM »
I just spent a half hour reading stories in the train wreck room. Some of them are scary as hell. But also, the ones I read seemed to be for marriages that failed before they started, or very soon there after, and usually involving some pretty crazy alleged behavior by the woman.

Premise: You meet an FSUW and actually get far enough to bring her to your country for a fiance or marriage visa.

Questions:
1. If you actually get married and make it past the first 2-3 years, do your chances of sticking it out go up substantially?

2. What are the typical reasons these marriages fail?

Offline Wiz

• Greek Home Cookery
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: What are the reasons that FSUW/foreigner marriages fail?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 11:24:04 PM »

Some of us, old members, over the years on these boards have seen many couples having troubles and many were divorced and all because of big lies and broken promises.

In one case he said he would buy a house for them to live in, but he was lying, he couldn’t do it. As it happens he could not even take care of his new family and the young woman had to go out to work in the evening to support the whole family!

On the other case he married a very young woman, promised to have children, lived together for many years and then …….. they divorced!

I will not give out any more details, which will identify these men, because it’s not the purpose of this post.

In my opinion these two guys asked for the trouble they had with their Russian wife’s because they were so needy to show off and impress these ladies so they were dishonest about themselves.

Honesty and complete disclosure of your circumstances, before getting married, it’s not only a noble action on your part but also a good policy if you want to build trust and a loving relationship with your wife!

Relationships do not survive the time without complete trust between the partners.

IMO, we have an obligation to tell the women what our lives are like and what we intend our future lives to be like, if she asks or not. I am not saying to lay out everything on your first trip, but certainly before you marry her and she arrives at your country!

Although, I would agree that none of us has a crystal ball to tell the future, and later circumstances may change and he can’t fulfil what he had promised, that is another matter, but he should make his best effort to explain and educate the woman so she knows what to expect.

tiphat
"For every beauty there is an eye to see it. For every truth there is an ear to hear it."

Online msmoby

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 01:42:08 AM »
I just spent a half hour reading stories in the train wreck room. Some of them are scary as hell. But also, the ones I read seemed to be for marriages that failed before they started, or very soon there after, and usually involving some pretty crazy alleged behavior by the woman.

Premise: You meet an FSUW and actually get far enough to bring her to your country for a fiance or marriage visa.

Questions:
1. If you actually get married and make it past the first 2-3 years, do your chances of sticking it out go up substantially?

2. What are the typical reasons these marriages fail?

Speaking from experience - we did get past 2-3 years - lack of trust . / respect ..   ironically, sorted out when a lot time separated. 

Getting married is the 'easy' part...making it work is not just getting past landmark years - strong relationships breakdown and one's that outsiders think will 'never last' surprise.

We even lived together for 6 months before getting married  - so we had plenty of time to learn each other's 'bad' points ..;)

I'd offer one piece of advice .... remember what brought you together and what 'mildly irritates'..if you hot a crisis - the latter might come to the for and try to remember the former !

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 05:48:23 AM »
Marrying a foreign women is no different to marrying any other women when it comes to how long you stay together..

If you click and get on together..and both on the same wave length  that is all you need to last!!

If your 60 years old marring a 35 year old women you are very unlikely to be on the same wave length... simple stuff really, not much to even speak about.
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online Mr strange

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 06:48:59 AM »
Cultural differences

Wrong expectations

Wrong goals or never set for the future

Lies, misunderstandings, disrespect and dishonesty

Not a clear view and understanding of how the economy works outside Russia/Ukraine

Lack of education before the going to Russia/Ukraine

Lack of romance or gentleman or being the man

Those are just on the top of my head for now

Online msmoby

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 07:42:33 AM »
Cultural differences...,

An observation... You base this on 'experience' ?  ..'No trips, yet', in profile....

Online Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 12:17:49 PM »
Marrying a foreign women is no different to marrying any other women when it comes to how long you stay together..

If you click and get on together..and both on the same wave length  that is all you need to last!!

Your enthusiasm is inspiriting.
"I've been abused, I've been confused and I've kissed Margaret Thatcher's shoes." ~ The Godfathers (from 'Birth, School, Work, Death')

Online Confederate

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 01:31:49 PM »

Inspiring.

Online Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 01:58:23 PM »

Inspiring.

Thanks Confederate, though it's you more experienced members who inspire me more than vice versa (I would presume anyhow).

Now to utilize online dating services or not? As tempting as it feels, I'm of the inclination (after holding private conversations with a few members of this forum) that first taking some time to explore is a wise choice. This way, when I do start to reach out to various ladies, I can mention that I've already visited their city / town (and of course this method also provides me the opportunity to refrain from contacting potential women in locations that I've found to be undesirable upon visitation). Opinions on this strategy? 

"I've been abused, I've been confused and I've kissed Margaret Thatcher's shoes." ~ The Godfathers (from 'Birth, School, Work, Death')

Online Confederate

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2017, 03:22:41 PM »

Inspiring.

Thanks Confederate, though it's you more experienced members who inspire me more than vice versa (I would presume anyhow).

Now to utilize online dating services or not? As tempting as it feels, I'm of the inclination (after holding private conversations with a few members of this forum) that first taking some time to explore is a wise choice. This way, when I do start to reach out to various ladies, I can mention that I've already visited their city / town (and of course this method also provides me the opportunity to refrain from contacting potential women in locations that I've found to be undesirable upon visitation). Opinions on this strategy?

I would do both. Try to line up some dates in the city you wish to visit.

Perhaps use Steveboy’s site and a couple others.

BTW I was only correcting your spelling. 😎

Online Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 04:00:31 PM »

Inspiring.

I would do both. Try to line up some dates in the city you wish to visit.

Perhaps use Steveboy’s site and a couple others.

BTW I was only correcting your spelling. 😎

Yes, Steveboy's site (as well as those other local resources) may well be worth employing in the forthcoming years.

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 01:55:14 AM »
I just spent a half hour reading stories in the train wreck room. Some of them are scary as hell.

I filmed and edited this 10 years ago when I was involved in this subject. I am the self-proclaimed expert on the subject. I was told I was the expert on this by a defense attorney in Florida. My little film below was shown at the Heritage Foundation during one of their conferences and introduced by the late Phyllis Schlafly:

'Avi's Story'

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeMrwFf_jxM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeMrwFf_jxM</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st1UIXXIOlg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st1UIXXIOlg</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7d55drV34Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7d55drV34Q</a>

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 02:00:51 AM »
I just spent a half hour reading stories in the train wreck room. Some of them are scary as hell.

I filmed and edited this 10 years ago when I was involved in this subject. I am the self-proclaimed expert on the subject. I was told I was the expert on this by a defense attorney in Florida. My little film below was shown at the Heritage Foundation during one of their conferences and introduced by the late Phyllis Schlafly:

'Avi's Story'

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeMrwFf_jxM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeMrwFf_jxM</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st1UIXXIOlg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st1UIXXIOlg</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7d55drV34Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7d55drV34Q</a>

Looks like some thing from the Jeramy Kyle show  :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Wiz

• Greek Home Cookery
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2017, 02:24:33 AM »
Here is a test ground for you to practice.... and see what fish you can catch.

Visit this Completely FREE dating site. There you will find whatever you have in your mind and a lot more than you expect.

https://russian-personals.com/

Create a profile with your requirements BUT do not upload any photos for more than 2 weeks.

When you write your profile, avoid using normal English writing style and try to write in a style that when translated will be gibberish.

Remember to ignore any message that she does not reply in English. Of course she is not going to be fluent but you still can communicate without the help of a translator.

All emails and messages you will receive the first couple of weeks (without photo on your profile) ... just delete them.

Create an email that you can get rid off when you don't need it, to stop receiving spam.

When the avalance of spam messages subside.... then upload a good real photo of yours..... and wait. Make sure you are open and honest about yourself and what they can expect from you to fulfil their expectations.

When you find somebody who you think is good and looks honest then ask for their land line telephone to verify........ Once you establish that she is real and interesting..... then give her your real email..... and start talking..... Dont rush and get to know as much as you can about her. Make sure then when you are ready to get on  a flight and visit her.

If it is possible make and have a plan B .......... just in case if you don't click when you meet.

DO read very carefully their profiles...........

If no luck with plan A, then you can visit the plan B .......... and don't use the wrong name when talking to them. .....

GOOD SIGNS: Watch to see if they remove their profiles from public view after start talking to them in private.

Don't forget to take with you, your condoms.! Like you they also want to know if you can perform your duties and then when you wake up in the morning, without any make up, you will know if you want to share your life with them but don't let you small head to run your plans :)

If all that fail.... then ask Steve for help!

Have fun.

MAX you forgot to post the links for me..... thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeMrwFf_jxM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st1UIXXIOlg&t=54s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7d55drV34Q&t=6s
"For every beauty there is an eye to see it. For every truth there is an ear to hear it."