The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Adios Senora Beloespana!  (Read 7207 times)

Offline htrj

• Spouses Country: United Kingdom
  • Trips: None Yet
Adios Senora Beloespana!
« on: December 09, 2017, 05:08:07 AM »
So, shes gone......... There was a lot I liked about her, and the kid for that matter, but the Father I can do without, she is incredibly racist and her lack of "grey matter" I can see becoming a liability. Also I think i've exhausted the small vein of Russian and Ukrainian talent I had discovered on the costas.

But, the bug has bitten. I;ve signed up for a few of the usual FSU websites and seen all those gorgeous glamorous looking 20 somethings all allegedly itching to get their teeth into men at least twice their age, but that isnt the case, is it?

Right now, my whatsapp has got close impersonations of Kylie Minogue, Pamela Anderson aswell as a Blonde Cheryl Cole but within 2 messages they are all calling me "darling", insisting I can't visit them because of "the warzone" but they will arrange their visas to visit me here as soon as the immigration office opens on Monday. Talk about  :'(      There is one that I believe is genuine. She's ten years younger than me, great legs, big :whist11: but dull as ditch water and to look at she reminds of a mate I had in High School. Its very off putting.

You guys have been great while I was seeing Alina, (whilst i hate to admit it, Andrew was spot on from the off!) but now im wondering if I really do stand a better chance dating in the FSU than in the UK. I know its expensive and time consuming and I am prepared for all that but does it really pay dividends? Can I really expect to meet someone attractive, intelligent, who is attracted to me and who isn't crazy?

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
Re: Adios Senora Beloespana!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 09:10:46 AM »
No matter where you search, you will have to face the reality that the women are also looking for the best partner that they can find and that your advantage with FSU women is only temporary. If you have unreasonable expectations, such as a woman who is attractive, intelligent, attracted to you and isn't crazy, then you are sure to fail. Perhaps you should settle for three out of four.

I noticed your comment about buying and selling the likes of Volshe. Women are very intuitive about men's attitudes; this will not work in your favor... because they are looking for the best partner that they can find.

Offline Mr strange

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 09:21:10 AM »
Well use a service who will help all the way and educate yourself on the mission you are willing to get your self on.

Apparently you need guidance and the jungle of web sites makes it hard to find what is the real holy grail in the end.

Look for services who can assist you in finding the genuine girls.

I know of one place that I can recommended which is Dream Connections on youtube. It's American based but a better service than Love me or Anastasia date type of websites which are only for a jump in cold with low odds for success.

https://www.youtube.com/user/iDatingSuccess

Offline yankee

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 10:24:14 AM »

If you have unreasonable expectations, such as a woman who is attractive, intelligent, attracted to you and isn't crazy, then you are sure to fail. Perhaps you should settle for three out of four.

why is it unreasonable?  Needless to say but my wife is attractive, intelligent (Phd and professor) and she contacted me.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline TomT

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 11:07:52 AM »
^ I have no doubt that your wife is everything that you claim that she is but, if we accept a 1% success rate, then your outcome is far from average. Perhaps you brought more than average to the table, including a good attitude toward women.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 11:23:38 AM »
Have a look at Steve's site. He was offering free membership to genuine RUA folks and he is trying to run a straight business.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline htrj

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 11:25:43 AM »
TomT, Could you explain what you mean by "advantage with FSU women is only temporary?"

Also, i'm not sure where you are going with my much earlier comment to Volsche. That conversation was unnecessarily heated and both of us were "hurling bricks" at each other. Do you see that as conclusive that I (or he, for that matter) have a bad attitude?

Offline htrj

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 11:34:46 AM »
Cheers for the Dream Connections tip.

Who's the big guy with the glasses and the blonde with the wavy hair who pop up in the video from time to time? I've seen them in other videos, just wondered if it was their firm.

This could become one of those life changing questions: Who's Steve?

Offline TomT

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 11:59:56 AM »
TomT, Could you explain what you mean by "advantage with FSU women is only temporary?"

Also, i'm not sure where you are going with my much earlier comment to Volsche. That conversation was unnecessarily heated and both of us were "hurling bricks" at each other. Do you see that as conclusive that I (or he, for that matter) have a bad attitude?

The prospects for FSU women who are no longer in their twenties, especially if they have a child, are very grim. This creates an imbalance of power which some foreign men are able to exploit until the the girls learn the lay of the land.

Apparently, you were/are unaware that Volshe is a she so the jury is still out. Nonetheless, talk of buying and selling people of any gender will be to your detriment.

Offline htrj

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 01:26:14 PM »

The prospects for FSU women who are no longer in their twenties, especially if they have a child, are very grim. This creates an imbalance of power which some foreign men are able to exploit until the the girls learn the lay of the land.

Apparently, you were/are unaware that Volshe is a she so the jury is still out. Nonetheless, talk of buying and selling people of any gender will be to your detriment.

There appears to be an imbalance of power and value at most angles of this foreign partnership discussion. However, I have begun to realise that what you mention above may well be true and I suspect I may find myself in a similar situation again before long.

As for my choice of phrase, you have used that well out of context, as set by Volshe. If you wish to question a jurys verdict on the matter I suggest you are well in contempt.

Offline TomT

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 01:33:31 PM »
As for my choice of phrase, you have used that well out of context, as set by Volshe. If you wish to question a jurys verdict on the matter I suggest you are well in contempt.

Shift the blame and be as evasive as you like but, if you are as clever as you think that you are, you will never use that phrase again.

Offline htrj

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2017, 02:18:52 PM »
Is this a wind up? 

How have you interpreted my phrase?

Offline TomT

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2017, 10:21:09 PM »
To Westerners, the expression, "being able to buy and sell someone," is not intended to be taken literally; it just implies that you are wealthier, more powerful or cooler than the referenced person. We don't take the cliche very seriously, so it is unlikely to cause any social issues... in the West. Some people from the FSU, especially those who have been less exposed to English idioms, are likely to consider it the height of arrogance and this would create a far more negative impression than you might expect. Purge it from your active vocabulary so that it doesn't slip out when you are around Russian-speaking people. 

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 01:06:39 AM »

Can't agree... When were you last in the FSU ...  I see plenty of women with kids in their thirties forties and even fifties who know what they want from life ( having lived well ) and moving abroad with a western guy isn't one of them ...   

I would point out that the good lady is not even FSU ... but studied there...

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2017, 01:39:51 AM »
To Westerners, the expression, "being able to buy and sell someone," is not intended to be taken literally; it just implies that you are wealthier, more powerful or cooler than the referenced person. We don't take the cliche very seriously, so it is unlikely to cause any social issues... in the West. Some people from the FSU, especially those who have been less exposed to English idioms, are likely to consider it the height of arrogance and this would create a far more negative impression than you might expect. Purge it from your active vocabulary so that it doesn't slip out when you are around Russian-speaking people.

Interesting... ifrom where I come from the expression means to be able to talk one's way into superior situations - being crafty, perhaps ...

Example: my youngest daughter could 'buy and sell' her Dad from no age..

Offline htrj

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2017, 03:15:07 AM »
"not intended to be taken literally" that's good, much better.

This, among other phrases (boil your head, kiss my ars*, your mothers a whatever) aren't intended to be taken literally. However, I agree with you, when travelling, one should choose their words carefully.

Even so, perhaps you could you explain how you consider that using a phrase like that in the context that it was used in response to an intentionally incitful statement could demonstrate a "bad attitude towards women"?

Also, It should not be overlooked that the person it was aimed at clearly wasn't offended by it. What is clear is that this has touched a nerve with you personally.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2017, 03:38:20 AM »
To Westerners, the expression, "being able to buy and sell someone," is not intended to be taken literally;
Not only the Russkies do not know this expression.

I would think that most non-english native countries (Like Netherlands) people will find this specific quote very offensive.

I certainly would have, before this post by you Tom.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2017, 03:40:53 AM »

This, among other phrases (boil your head, kiss my ars*, your mothers a whatever) aren't intended to be taken literally. However, I agree with you, when travelling, one should choose their words carefully.

I would avoid any 'folklore' or 'sayings' when traveling abroad. Especially and most importantly ones that can have a double meaning that is negative (kiss my .... , etc.) and anything involving genitals or something.

OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline htrj

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2017, 06:03:42 AM »
Without wishing to put too fine a point on it, I guess walking up to anyone to say "hey, I bet you're skint" would put you at the front of the queue for a black eye too!  :laugh: 

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2017, 06:06:49 AM »
Without wishing to put too fine a point on it, I guess walking up to anyone to say "hey, I bet you're skint" would put you at the front of the queue for a black eye too!  :laugh:

Just tried it ...all I got was a 'Huh?', look and a swivelled finger pointing to the head ;)

Offline TomT

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2017, 09:50:18 AM »
Can't agree... When were you last in the FSU ...  I see plenty of women with kids in their thirties forties and even fifties who know what they want from life ( having lived well ) and moving abroad with a western guy isn't one of them ...   

You should give advice about how to use people, how to destroy relationships with FSU women and how to attack their character after they have the good sense to reject you. 

Offline TomT

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2017, 10:40:05 AM »
What is clear is that this has touched a nerve with you personally.

My nerves are fine and I never cease to be amazed at how people refer to something as "clear" when they haven't a clue. Your inability to read people is only exceeded by your inability to read between the lines. For example, my comment about FSU women looking for the best partner that they can find was relevant but it flew over your head. Instead of engaging in a productive discussion, you are still going on about your altercation with Volshe and it speaks volumes about you.       

Offline htrj

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2017, 12:03:04 PM »
Quel surprise! More unfounded accusations!

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2017, 12:36:16 PM »

I would avoid any 'folklore' or 'sayings' when traveling abroad. Especially and most importantly ones that can have a double meaning that is negative (kiss my .... , etc.) and anything involving genitals or something.

And don't get over confident with your Russian like I did - I forget exactly what I said but I meant to say 'Come with me - poshli co mnoi' but got my wires crossed in my head and for some reason said something like 'poshli na khouy' - ie more or less 'fcuk off'....

And that was in the cinema after watching a Harry 'Garry' Potter.....
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Mr strange

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2017, 01:34:19 PM »
Again another thread gone of the top with nonsense!

Steve has a web site he recommends here on this forum and it should be 100% real and authentic girls.

However you do not get a better insight on how to be a man to the cultural differences that you will find in East Europe former fsu.

So go way in just as you are into it with your personally attitude and beliefs and see how your odds are into finding the holy grail!

Dream connection is different but do not get mentioned here but shot down and stupid nonsense so the op goes away and the forum keeps dying. I see this a lot and part of why I don't think I am going to post any how I managed to find my holy grail and the rest of it for future inspiration.