The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Laws in the US, Europe and FSU  (Read 3102 times)

Online Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
Laws in the US, Europe and FSU
« on: November 22, 2017, 11:56:21 PM »
Recently here in America, there has been an increase in sexual abuse accusations.  This reminded me about how some imported brides falsely claim to be abused in America, and receive their green card faster. 

So this leads me to question whether this happens in Europe or the FSU? 

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Laws in the US, Europe and FSU
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 02:40:10 AM »
Recently here in America, there has been an increase in sexual abuse accusations.  This reminded me about how some imported brides falsely claim to be abused in America, and receive their green card faster. 

Sexual abuse, unfortunately, happens around the world.

I suspect in North Western Europe it occurs less frequently. My guess where there is less equality between men and women it is a more frequent occurrence. Whether this is driven by money or power the result is the same. On the other side my guess the actual number of 'sexual abuse' cases that are real are far lower than suggested by the media in the United States.

Having noted the above I have only heard of one sexual abuse situation (rape & forced abortion) from one woman in Ukraine, and it occurred in Baku perpetrated by a Muslim man.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 03:45:11 PM »

The whole fake DV thing once common in the US is seldom a thing here with imported women from what I have seen.

However, genuine DV does seem to happen sometimes here with imported women, but they generally dont use it as a stick to beat the guy with, maybe as it's harder here. They tend to just up and leave.

Wifey and I know two women who have left their husbands of late, both suffered violence. One is happy to walk away with "something if the court says, or nothing, whatever", the other wants to milk the guy but his money is secreted so she will get nothing. The greedy one was married 2 years only, the other a decade.

My understanding of the law in Russia is while it may be on the books, nobody cares unless it's *really* serious.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 01:37:14 AM »

The whole fake DV thing once common in the US is seldom a thing here with imported women from what I have seen.

However, genuine DV does seem to happen sometimes here with imported women, but they generally dont use it as a stick to beat the guy with, maybe as it's harder here. They tend to just up and leave.

Wifey and I know two women who have left their husbands of late, both suffered violence. One is happy to walk away with "something if the court says, or nothing, whatever", the other wants to milk the guy but his money is secreted so she will get nothing. The greedy one was married 2 years only, the other a decade.

My understanding of the law in Russia is while it may be on the books, nobody cares unless it's *really* serious.

Divorce in Russia can be anything from simple to difficult, depending on both partners agreement/lack thereof.

One example is, a couple meet, marry, then divorce after a period of time, no children are involved, the agreement is, what each person brought into the marriage, they receive back, what was achieved during the marriage is split 50/50, and no future liabilities for both, The agreement is done between both parties, signed sealed (Notary) and delivered to the local Zag's, who within a short period of time, ratify the divorce and stamp both parties passports. No court needed.

Another example of the same couple as above, but now there child/ren involved, much the same agreement is made by the couple, along with satisfactory support for the child/ren, a visit to the childrens court to ratify the agreement, and divorce is done and dusted.

Obviously, the above is a very basic account, and many divorces differ, so can be handled in various other/different ways.

Support for child/ren can be decided by both parties, but if disagreement is the order of the day, then the childres court will look at both parties incomes and make a final decision, which could be 25% of the fathers salary for the 1st child, and 15% for each further child, however, if the father is from a foreign country, receiving said support is nigh impossible.

And that's basically it in a nutshell.

Regarding cost, well, that depends upon both parties, and difficulties, and the use of lawyers and their related charges, however, most divorces dealt with by lawyers are agreed by telephone calls/emails.

This is only an example, so please read it as such.

HTH.
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen