The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Dmitri Hvorostovsky  (Read 832 times)

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 20+
Dmitri Hvorostovsky
« on: November 22, 2017, 09:00:34 AM »
Isn't it strange how talented people often die in pairs. 

In the USA David Cassidy (67) passed away yesterday and Dmitri Hvorostovsky (55) the leading operatic baritone for the Moscow Symphony passed away this morning.  Both were taken much too soon.

I have enclosed a link to a video of a concert that I actually attended while in Moscow in the summer of 2013.  It featured the Moscow Symphony Orchestra playing right in Red Square.  Both Dmitri Hvorostovsky and Anna Netrebko, the leading operatic soprano with the Moscow Symphony sing "Moscow Nights".  It's tremendously moving.  He was a once in a generation talent.   

RIP Dmitri.  Enjoy the video!   

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Dmitri Hvorostovsky
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 12:02:24 PM »
He was from Krasnoyarsk, Siberia and married an Italian.

I saw the news on RU TV this am, as I am on a road trip - via the Baltic States.

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Registration