The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Ukrainian millionaire’s daughter allegedly drove car which kills at least five  (Read 322 times)

Online Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Wonder if daddy will buy her way out of this one?

Ukrainian millionaire’s daughter allegedly drove car which kills at least five pedestrians in horror crash

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/ukrainian-millionaires-daughter-allegedly-drove-car-which-kills-at-least-five-pedestrians-in-horror-crash/news-story/d1ebc32e29071db98a912fa9e8b26cd7
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online Tom Cat

This was a tragic event, and the victims should be compensated, but the girl should not get off without proper punishment.
But it's Ukraine and money can buy most anything there.

GET OUT OF JAIL SPREE 

Ukrainian heiress who killed five in horror crash ‘is readying £1m compo package to dodge jail’ – as victims are laid to rest

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4750817/ukraine-crash-compensation-dodge-jail-victims-funerals/
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
This was a tragic event, and the victims should be compensated, but the girl should not get off without proper punishment.

GET OUT OF JAIL SPREE

Ukrainian heiress who killed five in horror crash ‘is readying £1m compo package to dodge jail’ – as victims are laid to rest

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4750817/ukraine-crash-compensation-dodge-jail-victims-funerals/
Right, but my wife says that its sad that inside Europe you do not get the whole news.

The woman ran a red light yes, but she was rammed off the road by someone else , also running a red light.
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online Confederate

• Trips: 1-5

GET OUT OF JAIL SPREE

Right, but my wife says that its sad that inside Europe you do not get the whole news.

The woman ran a red light yes, but she was rammed off the road by someone else , also running a red light.

The article I read says she was racing the other car. More facts need to come out.

Offline Poldark

• Trips: 1-5
The article I read says she was racing the other car. More facts need to come out.
It's The Sun, like the Daily Fail, anything is to be taken with a pinch of salt and in all honesty, I wouldn't even wipe my arse with The Sun.

Online msmoby

It's The Sun, like the Daily Fail, anything is to be taken with a pinch of salt and in all honesty, I wouldn't even wipe my arse with The Sun.

These are popular reads here.... they suggested to their readership to vote 'Brexit'  :chuckle:

Offline Halo

GET OUT OF JAIL SPREE

No, she wasn't rammed off the road by someone running a red light.  As she went through the red light, she was hit a car entering the intersection legally on a green light. 

Online Tom Cat

Wonder if they are being genuine, or are just doing whatever they can to keep their daughter from getting what she deserves?

'FORGIVE HER'

Ukraine heiress’ dad ‘on his knees’ begging for forgiveness after daughter killed five in horror smash

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4758847/ukraine-heiress-dad-on-his-knees-begging-for-forgiveness-after-daughter-killed-five-in-horror-smash/

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages

No, she wasn't rammed off the road by someone running a red light.  As she went through the red light, she was hit a car entering the intersection legally on a green light.
Not according to the Russian & Ukrainian news, they said the other party had the so-called 'red-yellow' combination, meaning that you prepare for green but it is not yet green.

Russian news only: It said the driver of car that rammed the woman was of the Ukrainian SBU (but alas, i couldn't find proof of that).

Btw: IF this had happened in the netherlands, that girl would only be culpable for running a red light, nothing else. Seems kind of sad.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages

Not according to the Russian & Ukrainian news, they said the other party had the so-called 'red-yellow' combination, meaning that you prepare for green but it is not yet green.

Russian news only: It said the driver of car that rammed the woman was of the Ukrainian SBU (but alas, i couldn't find proof of that).

Btw: IF this had happened in the netherlands, that girl would only be culpable for running a red light, nothing else. Seems kind of sad.
https://www.ukrinform.ru/rubric-regions/2327487-dtp-v-harkove-voditel-lexus-letela-na-krasnyj-na-100-kmc.html

This news article is the closest I could find before the media-shitstorm started to twist the news.

Its facts are:
LEXUS SUV of the woman ran a red light (booh)
Volkswagen Toeareg rammed into her (color of light unknown)
Pedestrians were killed, who were waiting for a GREEN light (there's the light color green).

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
So, if I understood correctly, from the least distorted narrative (the earliest).
Girl went through the light on red and was hit by another car going through against the lights.
If the girl's car had not been hit by the other car then nobody would be dead.
The girl's car was turned into a weapon by the driver of the other car who was also crossing the junction against the lights and, certainly, without taking care of what was in front of him.

The employment of the other driver would seem to be irrelevant except to the degree in which the narrative is being turned away from the person who really took the fatal action.

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
So, if I understood correctly, from the least distorted narrative (the earliest).
Girl went through the light on red and was hit by another car going through against the lights.
Yes, the other car for some reason went through red-orange before it turned to fully green. However, this is speculation at best as news seems to be twisted here.

If the girl's car had not been hit by the other car then nobody would be dead.
also correct, but she did create the situation by running a red light.

The girl's car was turned into a weapon by the driver of the other car who was also crossing the junction against the lights and, certainly, without taking care of what was in front of him.

The employment of the other driver would seem to be irrelevant except to the degree in which the narrative is being turned away from the person who really took the fatal action.
yes, thats a correct assumption. And Russia says the other driver is part of the Ukrainian SBU (unverifiable).

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
Any updates?