The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: FSU W living in the west - 'confused' by upbringing ?  (Read 3002 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
FSU W living in the west - 'confused' by upbringing ?
« on: October 12, 2017, 01:02:30 PM »
This probably applies to those  ladies born before 1975 and matured during the Soviet-era..

I was discussing living in Britain with two Russian ladies - who have been married to Brits and it didn't work out .. 

They are both coming to the conclusion that may be they are mind -f'd by the Soviet doctrine that they should rely on the man to provide and encounter emancipated ladies in the west - independent and contributing to the household or happy to have partly-separate lives  - enjoying living alone - but sharing life together.

They are starting to think their upbringing was a complete 'con'  :chuckle:

Discuss ?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
Re: FSU W living in the west - 'confused' by upbringing ?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 02:07:37 PM »
Somewhere, I started a thread regarding the different types of women from the former Soviet Union and what my expierence was/is.

As I recall a number of female posters shared there insights, I think, Halo, Orchid, Mila and the crazy one from Wales as well I think the whacky one from Brussels.

It would be worth posting a link to that thread.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 04:09:02 PM »
They are both coming to the conclusion that may be they are mind -f'd by the Soviet doctrine that they should rely on the man to provide and encounter emancipated ladies in the west - independent and contributing to the household or happy to have partly-separate lives  - enjoying living alone - but sharing life together.

Is this our resident lefty in denial seeking to disparage the traditional family unit perchance? How unexpected.  :-[
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 04:37:40 AM »
This probably applies to those  ladies born before 1975 and matured during the Soviet-era..

I was discussing living in Britain with two Russian ladies - who have been married to Brits and it didn't work out .. 

Discuss ?
I am married happily for 8 years now, my wife from 1980's is the other way around. She adored the Communist system and the family traditions that go with it. She could never envisage a half-marriage (as she calls the independent women).

She says, either you are married or not, but half-marriage is nothing, not for the man, not for the woman.

It has perks for both men and women, and also disadvantages for both men and women. (But as a man, I rarely have to notice the disadvantages so far  :-\ )
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Registration