The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Hello from Trenchy :)  (Read 367 times)

Online Trenchcoat

• Trips: 1-5
Hello from Trenchy :)
« on: October 12, 2017, 06:55:56 AM »
Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum but am pretty regular on the other forum about FSU dating. Unfortunately the other forum has been down a number of of days and I am not sure when it (another forum) will be back. I'm hoping it has not gone forever as it was a great resource and help to me in my search for a FSW. Many of its forum members have been very generous in their help to during my search and I've benefited a great deal from their vast experience. So its heartening to see a few of them hang out here also such as you 2tallbill who have helped me a lot in my search with much good & well founded advice :) I really have much appreciated all the help you have given me in the past.

I'm also looking forward to meeting some new members on here that I am no doubt new to, but I can no doubt count on me Mobers to give me a warm welcome here and vouch for me as a top gent ;D As an almost fellow Englishman its great to see him around these parts :GOUK:

I'll give you a brief rundown of my story so far in a following post shortly for those of you not familiar to me but for now just wanted to say a big Hi to you all!

Online Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
Re: Hello from Trenchy :)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 07:25:51 AM »
Welcome Trenchcoat. The board owner Dan at the other place has been AWOL for years. I think about 7 years or so. I think the death of his father hit him pretty bad. Maybe there are other reasons also.

Way, way back there was another board called RW-G that got sold to a dating agency by its American owner Spencer. All the moderators were let go and replaced by Agency people who were strangers to the place. It soon fell apart when the strongest posters who were mostly former moderators stopped posting. Soon it started losing its tech support. I notice this happened to the other place too where you used to post. Try editing anything there and it is a mess.

This what I get when I try and go on that board

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 04:06:14 PM »
Trenchcoat, Welcome to RUA.

Feel free to ask questions and you will hear different opinions and thoughts.

Bear in mind some present do not suffer fools lightly. If you can not understand the fallacy of pre-conceived opinions you will only have your actions to answer to.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 04:12:13 PM »
Welcome to the site, Trenchcoat.

This one has been around a decade or so, and is less US-centric and generally more pro-Russian than the other one, but plenty of friendly folks here too.  :thumbsup:

Online dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 04:14:05 PM »
What happened at the other forum?  Posting stopped after Oct. 9 and nothing until a few hours ago.  Server crash?  Rent not paid?

it is back up now, FYI.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 04:29:22 AM »
What happened at the other forum?  Posting stopped after Oct. 9 and nothing until a few hours ago.  Server crash?  Rent not paid?

it is back up now, FYI.

The domain name will soon expire. (2017-12-02)
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 04:49:34 AM »
another forum is back up.

I suspect for some that is relief. RUA while we often disagree mostly we show higher level of decorum and respect.

Online Bruce Lee

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 06:06:57 AM »
Welcome in Trenchy  tiphat

I am moderately familiar with your posts from elsewhere, the only advice I would give at this stage is there is a wealth of knowledge at this place which can potentially help you a great deal in your search, honest blokes willing to learn will prosper!!

Worth noting we don't have Australians who learnt everything they know lurking in chatrooms here - the knowledge here, in the main was learnt the hard way - by messing up and learning from mistakes!!!

Good luck!!!
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Online dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 03:40:24 PM »
I think the OP may be "entrenched" on the other forum site since it is back up now.     :chuckle:

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 06:44:29 PM »
My guess Trenchy will return to the other side where some will tickle his logic. My own guess he is something of a troll looking to get a rise from other members.

Online msmoby

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 12:08:14 AM »
Welcome Trench

If you came here for more 'advise' on how to pull, you may have the same luck as you had elsewhere.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 02:11:23 PM »
Welcome Trench

If you came here for more 'advise' on how to pull, you may have the same luck as you had elsewhere.

Mobers :) I knew you would give me the warmest welcome ever ;D

Online Bruce Lee

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 02:14:36 PM »
Possibly a troll!
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2017, 02:21:31 PM »
My guess Trenchy will return to the other side where some will tickle his logic. My own guess he is something of a troll looking to get a rise from other members.

Well it's handy he other forum is back up & running. I just tend to go with that one as it has more sections in and up front for those not long starting out. It also is a great repository with much knowledge gained over the years so I am glad it is not lost, some of which were my contributions :)

Nah, I'm not trolling at all, it is evident to forum members on the other forum thatI have been too Ukraine so uave an active interest. It's more that I am trying to get my head around what really happens in the FSU dating scene from those more experienced than myself so I know better what I am dealing with and can give myself a decent chance with an idea of the scope of it all. I will of course impart any of my learning here where relevant when I have the time of course to benefit newbies here like I not so long ago was.

Online Trenchcoat

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2017, 02:23:18 PM »
Possibly a troll!

When you see the worth of my advice you'll change you're opinion on this ;)

p.s I know I find Australians so tense and uptight also :)