The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: There lots of ***** relocating to St Petersburg...  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
There lots of ***** relocating to St Petersburg...
« on: October 05, 2017, 07:24:13 AM »
Probably over the last 12 months I have noticed a fair amount of Blacks, coloureds , Africans better watch what word I use to describe coloured Africans as I don't want to be called a racist which I'm not! But any way they seem to be every where and they all speak pretty fluent Russian which is really surprising.

We go out pretty often and most of the nice bars have plenty of coloured guys , all speaking fluent Russian, lots more than a few years back, we have a couple of coloured guys living in our block.

The wife has been changing one passport to Russian over the last 18 months so we have been down immigration pretty often and its pretty surprising how many nationalities are making residency here, you cannot upload your documents with immigration unless you speak enough to understand their questions, they don't allow your wife of friend to sit with you, there was 3 coloured guys uploading a while back..

Fair play to them I say...
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: There lots of ***** relocating to St Petersburg...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 08:23:53 AM »
The proto-language that all modern languages grew from started in Africa, as did tge human race most likely.

. Pro
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 05:46:02 PM »
Probably over the last 12 months I have noticed a fair amount of Blacks, coloureds , Africans better watch what word I use to describe coloured Africans as I don't want to be called a racist which I'm not! But any way they seem to be every where and they all speak pretty fluent Russian which is really surprising.

We go out pretty often and most of the nice bars have plenty of coloured guys , all speaking fluent Russian, lots more than a few years back, we have a couple of coloured guys living in our block.

The wife has been changing one passport to Russian over the last 18 months so we have been down immigration pretty often and its pretty surprising how many nationalities are making residency here, you cannot upload your documents with immigration unless you speak enough to understand their questions, they don't allow your wife of friend to sit with you, there was 3 coloured guys uploading a while back..

When I was there 4 years ago I saw more black guys than I expected. Cloakroom attendants/bar and club skivvies mainly.

I guess the desire to fit in and opportunities available to them are motivation to learn the language. Not to mention the ability to communicate with the opposite sex, which lets face it in Russia wouldn't be a bad thing.

Good luck to them I say   tiphat
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 11:56:02 AM »
The proto-language that all modern languages grew from started in Africa, as did tge human race most likely.

. Pro

It's the lie that was put to us, to get us to more easily accept the African-descended as equals. 

However the truth keeps trickling out... the out of Africa theory is discredited at this point, having served its real purpose.

Concerning language - it was the Slavs (proto-Slavs) all along!

Sanskrit and the Russian branch of Slavic languages are related, for instance. A theory is that the Slavs spread out all over, including Persia and India, then as they intermixed with other populations those countries became more "brownish" in appearance.
Anchors Rewoven

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 03:37:47 AM »

When I was there 4 years ago I saw more black guys than I expected. Cloakroom attendants/bar and club skivvies mainly.

I guess the desire to fit in and opportunities available to them are motivation to learn the language. Not to mention the ability to communicate with the opposite sex, which lets face it in Russia wouldn't be a bad thing.

I also say fair play to them!! Beats getting in a rubber dinghy and claiming benefits in the UK!

Before any left wing do gooders mention it, Im not saying every African gets in a dingy... :ROFL:

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 04:26:07 PM »
we have a couple of coloured guys living in our block.

Probably time to move before the smell of curried goat in the corridors overpowers the smell of urine and boiled cabbage.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 05:04:00 PM »

I also say fair play to them!! Beats getting in a rubber dinghy and claiming benefits in the UK!

You say that now but what will you say when you and your family are the minorities?

And when as Manny says the smells in your building are overwhelming?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 11:24:39 PM »

You say that now but what will you say when you and your family are the minorities?

And when as Manny says the smells in your building are overwhelming?

I bet you are a member of the Klu Klux Klan ?  ;D