The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Pros and Cons of K1 vs K3 or K4  (Read 2979 times)

Offline justadude

• Trips: 10-20
Pros and Cons of K1 vs K3 or K4
« on: October 04, 2017, 08:32:01 AM »
What are some pros and cons of using a fiance visa (K1) vs a K3 or K4? I believe a K3 or K4 is where you marry outside the country and bring your spouse in later. Is that right? The person  in question has no children, if that makes a difference.
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Pros and Cons of K1 vs K3 or K4
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 09:13:29 AM »
How long do you want to be in the situation of having a wife in another country who is unable to join you and might never be able to do so?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 04:59:04 PM »
What are some pros and cons of using a fiance visa (K1) vs a K3 or K4? I believe a K3 or K4 is where you marry outside the country and bring your spouse in later. Is that right? The person  in question has no children, if that makes a difference.

The K2 and K4 are for kids.

It's complicated. Here is a link to visa journey
http://www.visajourney.com/

What are your goals? Does she want her friends and family to be around
when you get married? Does the actual wedding ceremony matter much
to either of you?

My advice is to spend a lot of time on visa journey to completely understand the
process, well enough that you could come here and explain it to everyone.

Udachi!

Bill

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 11:51:10 PM »
My advice is spend as much time in person as possible with said love interest before going down this road.

Though I wonder have you considered an education type visa to the United States?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline justadude

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 04:15:07 PM »
Though I wonder have you considered an education type visa to the United States?

A student visa might be something to consider. I will look into it.

I'd still like to hear the basic ins and outs of fiance vs married visa if anyone knows them.
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 04:19:08 PM »

A student visa might be something to consider. I will look into it.

I'd still like to hear the basic ins and outs of fiance vs married visa if anyone knows them.

We have aged stickies that cover the basics: http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,345.0.html
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.