The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Do women dress up for men or themselves?  (Read 7928 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Do women dress up for men or themselves?
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2017, 05:16:56 PM »
Moby, the kind of dress that YOU might be able to consider might not be appropriate for the opening of a dustbin. We are not all as unfortunate as you.

Go do some learning and get back to us, at your leisure, preferably several months from now. There's a good boy.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2017, 06:20:19 PM »
Avhdb, please hold back from the pissed posting. OK, I get it, there's no hope for you. You are what you are, but you are becoming like the drunken uncle at family events. You can't stop him from being there but you just wish he could control himself.

Strange, I had the same thought as AvHdB and was - as was probably the case with AvHdB, sober, too

Poor andrewfi - doesn't handle incoming that well ...

Is a Little Black Dress appropriate for Ballet ?....

You’re living proof that evolution can go in reverse.

:laugh: :laugh: tiphat

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2017, 01:26:12 AM »
Moby, the kind of dress that YOU might be able to consider might not be appropriate for the opening of a dustbin. We are not all as unfortunate as you.

Go do some learning and get back to us, at your leisure, preferably several months from now. There's a good boy.

To brighten your dull day.. as empirical data - in the form of  images - has a habit of demonstrating your daftness..

SC an hour before the start of the F1 Russian Formula 1 GP

and dressed for a concert:

... As  regular Ballet performance attendees *I* speak from experience..  but thanks for the latest instalment of "andrewfi's vision of Moby's life" ..

I'm quite fortunate in that the 'missus designs and makes her own dresses - and  likes bright colours. Whilst they can be on the 'little' side - even she wears a longer dress to the Ballet / Theatre....

Little Black Dresses are so cliché, darling ..

Now, as this thread was about what women chose .. I HATE platform shoes - I think they lack elegance ..... but will madam listen ?

Me, I'm a stilettos man - but SC insists the platforms are more comfortable and me Ma says the former are, "from car to bar" .... ?!

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2017, 06:35:15 AM »
What really is the point of your last post Moby? You appear to be bickering over nothing and attempting to show off in a weird way.

My wife also designs and makes her own dresses, skirts, trousers & jackets and works for a high end textiles business who supplies design houses and top brands. I'm proud of who she is and what she's done in the UK over the last 5 years but slapping up photo's of her in her numbers 1's would personally make me feel like an inadequate person with self esteem issues.

Not sure its the classiest way to behave but as long as you're happy.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2017, 06:59:39 AM »
Moby,

Each to there own. If you are happy so be it. I have my opinions regarding the design elements of the clothing but there is no point in sharing them. But I am surprised by the foot gear which has certain connotations I gather in North America.

Av
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2017, 07:06:39 AM »
But I am surprised by the foot gear which has certain connotations I gather in North America.

Av

I think you are referring to the term 'fukc me shoes'?
Similar terms exist in Russian and British English.
Some might call them 'stripper shoes' but wouldn't I think of these shoes as being of that type.

The odd thing, apart the subject matter of the pics, is that moby just does not know what a little black dress is or what it is for. Further, he then tries to bloviate with pics of his crotch examiner (recalling a previously posted pic).

For the unknowing (and, in this regard, I am sure there is only one such reading this) the LBD is a black dress of simple silhouette and with minimal decoration that is considered, in polite circles, to be appropriate dress for almost any social occasion. Most decently dressed women have at least one in their wardrobe, but some, a few, prefer to dress in cut-down sails. So, moby, how did the dustbin opening go? Were these pics taken before or after the event?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2017, 07:17:43 AM »
What really is the point of your last post Moby?

Well, you know - the thread title was a clue and I'm going to treat your question as rhetorical ...

My wife also designs and makes her own dresses, skirts, trousers & jackets and works for a high end textiles business who supplies design houses and top brands. I'm proud of who she is and what she's done in the UK over the last 5 years but slapping up photo's of her in her numbers 1's would personally make me feel like an inadequate person with self esteem issues.

Good for your missus' and I'm sure she is doesn't claim to be a psychologist ...

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2017, 07:40:03 AM »
Nadia wanted a sewing machine to make her own clothes so I bought it for her Christmas in 2008.

Never been out of it's box....
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2017, 07:42:34 AM »
Some of the newer posters may have little idea what LBD means.

Here is a Wikipedia article to help > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_black_dress <

I think the most classic and highest point was reached with A. Hepburn as Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's

I have pondered the question that Moby posed at the start of the thread, my guess and we are speaking about the element women on our periodic table ~ it depends on the woman as my answer.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
Do women dress up for men or themselves?
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2017, 12:59:12 PM »

Madge told Maude that her joints were stiff.
Maude (in photo) told her not to roll them so tight.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2017, 03:44:24 AM »

The odd thing, apart the subject matter of the pics, is that moby just does not know what a little black dress is or what it is for.

Nothing 'odd' about andrewfi taking my words and twisting them to be something totally else..  I commented on 'appropriateness' of a Little Black Dress to the Ballet ? ..... 

Further, he then tries to bloviate with pics of his crotch examiner (recalling a previously posted pic).

Mere examples of appropriate dresses and questionable shoes at various 'openings'...  that 'Alfonse's'  :sick0002: missus' knocked up on her sewing machine, over-locker and various apparatus bought by.....'alfonse'  ..

There is no 'little black dress' in her wardrobe - her choice.

For the unknowing (and, in this regard, I am sure there is only one such reading this) the LBD is a black dress of simple silhouette and with minimal decoration that is considered, in polite circles, to be appropriate dress for almost any social occasion. Most decently dressed women have at least one in their wardrobe, but some, a few, prefer to dress in cut-down sails. So, moby, how did the dustbin opening go? Were these pics taken before or after the event?

'Cut down sails'..Aha, you'll mean THIS dress ? ;)

I supposed that's one way of describing it ...

In the meantime, I can accept that I was wrong in that the like's of Audrey Hepburn could get away wearing a LBD. 

Offline Manny

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2017, 01:20:12 PM »
Moby,

Each to there own. If you are happy so be it. I have my opinions regarding the design elements of the clothing but there is no point in sharing them. But I am surprised by the foot gear which has certain connotations I gather in North America.

Av

Shows us Yanks are puritanical and daft. Mrs Moby's shoes look perfectly normal to me and very typical in Europe.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.