The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Crimea : UN Human Rights 2014-2017 - Propaganda or reality  (Read 932 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Crimea : UN Human Rights 2014-2017 - Propaganda or reality
« on: September 26, 2017, 01:43:13 AM »
The UN's High Commissioner's Report re Human Rights in Crimea - 2014-17

Propaganda or reality ?

Bear in mind the report is based on interviews of those claiming to be affected as the UN officials weren't allowed to investigate locally

http://www.ohchr.org/Documents/Countries/UA/Crimea2014_2017_EN.pdf

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Crimea : UN Human Rights 2014-2017 - Propaganda or reality
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 01:48:11 AM »
"The right of the Crimean population to an adequate standard of living has been
affected by measures taken by Ukrainian authorities or implemented on mainland Ukraine,
including the interruption of water and energy supplies to the peninsula. Under international
humanitarian law, the Russian Federation as the occupying power is obliged to ensure to
the fullest extent of the means available to it sufficient hygiene and public health standards,
as well as the provision of food and medical care to the population. At the same time, this
does not exonerate Ukraine from its obligations under the International Covenant on
Economic, Social and Cultural Rights not to interfere with the enjoyment of the rights it
enshrines, and from respecting the requirement under international humanitarian law to
ensure that the basic needs of the population continue to be met under conditions of
occupation."

Hardly kind words to Kiev, either.
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Registration