The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian speaker who could talk to my friend about about US tourist visa?  (Read 2705 times)

Offline justadude

• Trips: 10-20
My friend is applying for a US tourist visa. She speaks some English but their is still a language barrier. Furthermore, I don't know much about the process. I am wondering if there is a Russian or Ukrainian speaker who would be willing to contact her to tell her more about the process. Please PM me if you can help.
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Russian speaker who could talk to my friend about about US tourist visa?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 02:13:54 PM »
So you want a translator/interpreter recommendation?

Or you want someone's wife for free?

Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline justadude

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 04:25:07 PM »
So you want a translator/interpreter recommendation?

Or you want someone's wife for free?
I would pay for help, but I'm not looking for an interpreter. I'm looking for a Russian speaker who has visited the US on a tourist visa, not just an interpreter.
two 90 day fiance visas, one 73 day fiance. Lived in Lvov and Odessa for 2 years. California native now on the Oregon Coast

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 07:21:45 PM »
My friend is applying for a US tourist visa.

Good luck! They are currently being rationed due to staff restrictions imposed by the Kremlin - in response to sanctions being renewed. Only Moscow is able to handle applications :(

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline justadude

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 08:23:39 AM »
My friend is applying for a US tourist visa.

Good luck! They are currently being rationed due to staff restrictions imposed by the Kremlin - in response to sanctions being renewed. Only Moscow is able to handle applications :(

Thanks for the encouragement but my friend doesn't live in Russia