The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian Women and Emotions  (Read 2312 times)

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Russian Women and Emotions
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 07:11:52 PM »
Please take the time to know your girl well.  I have no plans to bring my girl to the USA but still I did One thing that help her know me better. That was to make a series of videos. I show her my friends and show her what the streets were like while I was driving, I show her me working and doing the everyday things I do here.  In the video I show her ever room in my home and all my furniture. I show her my dog and how we play. My neighborhood and the neighbors.

One guy that was in a video steaveboy posted asked a girl to come to the UK and she was shock how bad his apartment was. She surely had no interest in clean it up neither. This surprise thing is not a good thing and does not help. 

One of the big problems is to know her attitudes about money. Make sure she does not have a belief that she is going to be living much higher standard of living than she is. Many FSU women do not seem to have an interest in saving and can be pretty short term thinkers. Of course, this is not everyone.

I was having my truck repaired when the shop owner talked about another man's wife.  He said, she was very pretty, but she could not live without a new car every year and not a cheap one. Then he went on to say he made him sell his old house and buy her a much larger new one designed just the way she like it. I said, "She must be Russian." His jaw fell open and said " Yes! How did you know?" Just be sure you understand her attitude on everything before you bring her here.

David, There is allot of wisdom in Tex's words. Some women from the former Soviet Union are frugal and conservative. Others well the last part of Tex's post hits the nail on the head, I have seen both. You might have a problem. BUT until you spend some serious time together with a woman from another culture you really do not 'know' her.

From your posts you have one visit under the belt, not allot of time together in my opinion.

Perhaps you can take her on a vacation that removes her from her comfort zone and see how she reacts. Other members are highly against this approach but I think it is worth considering. For the good order I am NOT thinking a visit to the Champs-Élysées or Bond Street, more like a hiking vacation, or what I did, a charter on a small sailboat.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online yankee

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 08:13:49 PM »
Please take the time to know your girl well.  I have no plans to bring my girl to the USA but still I did One thing that help her know me better. That was to make a series of videos. I show her my friends and show her what the streets were like while I was driving, I show her me working and doing the everyday things I do here.  In the video I show her ever room in my home and all my furniture. I show her my dog and how we play. My neighborhood and the neighbors.

One guy that was in a video steaveboy posted asked a girl to come to the UK and she was shock how bad his apartment was. She surely had no interest in clean it up neither. This surprise thing is not a good thing and does not help. 

One of the big problems is to know her attitudes about money. Make sure she does not have a belief that she is going to be living much higher standard of living than she is. Many FSU women do not seem to have an interest in saving and can be pretty short term thinkers. Of course, this is not everyone.

I was having my truck repaired when the shop owner talked about another man's wife.  He said, she was very pretty, but she could not live without a new car every year and not a cheap one. Then he went on to say he made him sell his old house and buy her a much larger new one designed just the way she like it. I said, "She must be Russian." His jaw fell open and said " Yes! How did you know?" Just be sure you understand her attitude on everything before you bring her here.

David, There is allot of wisdom in Tex's words. Some women from the former Soviet Union are frugal and conservative. Others well the last part of Tex's post hits the nail on the head, I have seen both. You might have a problem. BUT until you spend some serious time together with a woman from another culture you really do not 'know' her.

From your posts you have one visit under the belt, not allot of time together in my opinion.

Perhaps you can take her on a vacation that removes her from her comfort zone and see how she reacts. Other members are highly against this approach but I think it is worth considering. For the good order I am NOT thinking a visit to the Champs-Élysées or Bond Street, more like a hiking vacation, or what I did, a charter on a small sailboat.

Our first meeting was a week in Rome followed by a week in Barcelona, followed by two weeks in Paris then Russia then US (three months) and others.  We dated for three years before getting married.  We did not meet with each others family until AFTER we decided to get married.   
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Online Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2017, 09:05:55 PM »

Our first meeting was a week in Rome followed by a week in Barcelona, followed by two weeks in Paris then Russia then US (three months) and others.  We dated for three years before getting married.  We did not meet with each others family until AFTER we decided to get married.   

When a lady is sincere, most any place you plan to meet will have positive results.
And if the lady is not sincere, it really does not matter how carefully you plan, the end result won't be what you wanted.
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2017, 05:42:54 AM »
So many blokes responding -------  it's ASK A RUSSIAN LADY

Thats a strange answer from you? I thought all of your lot were cross dressers, slightly bent and the usual. It is perfectly ok for guys to answer for the women today , we live in a world of Male, female, neutral , hermaphrodites, crossdressers and so many other versions its normal... :chuckle:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online AvHdB

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2017, 05:50:05 AM »
So many blokes responding -------  it's ASK A RUSSIAN LADY

Thats a strange answer from you? I thought all of your lot were cross dressers, slightly bent and the usual. It is perfectly ok for guys to answer for the women today , we live in a world of Male, female, neutral , hermaphrodites, crossdressers and so many other versions its normal... :chuckle:

tiphat

Offline Ste

• Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2017, 07:33:48 AM »
It's actually a Russian-SPEAKING lady too....
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline wdavidv

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2017, 10:05:58 PM »
Once again, I've appreciated several of the sincere replies on this thread. They have been invaluable.  The others, well.......

Online AvHdB

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 12:49:37 AM »
Once again, I've appreciated several of the sincere replies on this thread. They have been invaluable.  The others, well.......

David, There often will be asides in replies, this is a forum after all and we are not paid. A fairly broad spectrum of opinions are posted and you need to see what fits to your situation.

I have noted elsewhere there is no one way to prosecute this adventure successfully, but certainly plenty of ways to make a right royal mess of it.

Offline Olga_Mouse

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2019, 02:33:51 AM »
If she's already said it once, then she means it, do not expect her to repeat it over and over again!
It is like the more you say it, the less meaning those words have.

+1
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.