The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Kiev refuses to pay Russian debt  (Read 1314 times)

Offline Ste

• Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Kiev refuses to pay Russian debt
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2017, 02:02:22 AM »
Illegal crossings are down by over 50 percent and ICE agents praise the Trump administration --  much progress compared to the last admin.

In that sense, the wall has already been built.  Meanwhile Trudeau has suddenly re-discovered that Canada has immigration laws now that Shit Got Real for him about how many migrants from the Dirt World were showing up on Canada's shores.   :chuckle:

B/B

We’re building our own wall too...

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2017, 03:08:06 AM »
rw_recruiter, while it is certainly true that there is a wide range of source countries for illegal migrants it is clear that by building a wall across the US/Mexico frontier that the major concern is NOT those pesky Canadians sneaking across the bridge at Buffalo!

It is hard to conceive of a situation in which ANY illegal migrant is not a net cost to the host country. (OK, there's one but it is unusual enough to be discounted - wealthy migrants who import their wealth and who pay for the services they directly consume. However that group is usually a very tiny one as the wealthy have no problems with legal migration!)

One might question whether the cost is a direct or indirect one but if one works through the process it is clear that these people DO have a cost.

On the other hand, during times of high inward migration to the U.S, on an historical basis, it is the case that economic activity has been higher during those periods. Migrants who pay taxes and who are legally present are a strong economic driving force.
"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Offline Jerash

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2017, 11:19:59 AM »

Not much of a Bhuddist are we?

Where did I post on here that I am a Buddhist? I am a follower of most of Buddha's philosophy and not a Buddhist. See the difference. I do not want to let go of every possession I have at this moment in time. I will be giving away my possessions to my wife and children when I am dead. There are luxuries like the newest house, car, appliance, ect. that I can live without, though.

The power over the mind and the ability to let go of negative emotions while also being patient. Finding and pursuing what you want to do in life. Finding your own place in the world and not relying on others to help you all the time. Don't dwell on the past, don't worry about the future, and live in the present. Finding the truth in the world through critical thinking. Achieving self-actualization by achieving all the goals in your life. Do you honestly believe you have to be a Buddhist to believe that? Anyone from any religious background can follow his advice and apply it to their life.

As apparently I can't back out now from some GLITCH on the website, Ste said to ?Many Questions?, "Not much of a Buddist"? or along those lines.  I responded with a laugh and the tip of the hat.

I think you are funny, too. I won't even go into detail about all the grammar and punctuation errors that you made in that one sentence since people can make mistakes while typing fast.  You even misspelled the word "Buddhist".  "As apparently"? Don't you mean just "Apparently"? Don't you also mean "because of some glitch on the website." instead of "from some glitch on the website.". As an English teacher, is it not your job to recognize these errors and correct them?

You need to learn to let go of you're negative emotions and not stew over everything I or others post. Seriously, you get angry over internet posts on a forum? That is small stuff.

I also wasn't mad at all when AvDhB stated an opinion that he thought "Prehistoric Life" was for 10 year olds. I just pointed out the fact that fossil collectors, paleontologists, and other museum enthusiasts also like Prehistoric Life and left it at that. I like the book, he does not. His opinion, I don't care.  :biggrin:

Jerry, Jerash, or whatever your name is. Everyone here knows my name, what I look like, my email address, ect. At least I don't hide behind an avatar or my screen name anymore when I crack jokes or state my opinions that might offend people. I would prefer the other readers not be so sensitive, but that is not always the case. 

Unlike you, I don't sweat the small stuff anymore. I don't even sweat the big stuff anymore. I probably shouldn't even respond to this post, but I am. Just don't mistake that for me actually caring about what you think.  :)

I don't even get mad anymore when people shout horrible things to me in the street. They can make up any story or say any lie about me that they want because I know deep down that it is not the truth. I just shrug my shoulders and let go of such negative emotions. Life is too short to be angry all the time.  :biggrin:

Again, folks, sorry for straying off topic.

You're right, I did spell Buddhist wrong as I was typing fast on a mobile phone (far from ideal). Can you tell me what other mistakes I made? Other than spelling "glitch" in ALL-CAPS for emphasis? I'd be curious of your analysis.

I'm sure I was too harsh with you to begin with. I'd say it might be the corrosiveness of many of the discussions here that makes one just fall into a mode, but that would be excusing it and I won't do so.

Don't get confused though, so that you start to think I'm hiding or something. That's just silly. As to your transparency, I know your name as "?ManyQuestions?" , I have no idea what your email address is (and don't want to know).  As for what you look like, I see a photoshopped image of someone's back with a question mark superimposed over top of it.

Why are people attacking you on the streets? What exactly have you done that's so horrible??

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2017, 11:20:41 PM »
Is reply #20 'buried' enough for the facts to be released ? ;)

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2017, 04:30:54 PM »
Would seem Kiev is financially able to make payments.

Ukraine's international reserves exceed $18 bln

https://www.unian.info/economics/2117669-ukraines-international-reserves-exceed-18-bln.html
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2017, 06:33:24 PM »
Before Ukraine is allowed to sell dollar bonds, they should be made to pay their past bond debt to Russia.

Ukraine eyes first dollar bond sale since Crimea annexation

https://www.ft.com/content/805b6fe6-9248-11e7-bdfa-eda243196c2c
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.