The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Sightseeing in Russia.  (Read 11354 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Sightseeing in Russia.
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2018, 11:37:26 AM »

Are you an expert? Looking at your blurb you seem to think so.

YES, compared to nearly every westerner on here - apart from Mendy ( who doesn't post ) - I reckon I've seen more of Russia that most ...

Thanks for proving your inattentiveness

TC, I hope you will ignore the ill bred posters and continue to post your links. Like Wiz you will not make every one happy but I enjoy reading the links you provide.

TC, is a big boy and knows EXACTLY why I'm making the comment - for those who haven't got a clue TC enjoys the protection of mods when he posts a howler about life in Russia - as his memories are clearly rose-tinted and near sycophantic - given the reality, today

However, the likes of your 'supportive' intervention will no doubt make TC feel better ...   and perhaps the mods will not allow this post through and it will appear like I'm 'contrite '...

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2018, 02:51:09 PM »
All these tips ... when were you last THERE ?  :chuckle:

It's been a few years since my wife passed away in Moscow, since the funeral I have not returned.
But I do want to visit in the near future

Condolences for your loss please post away most here prefer your links over Moby’s often twisted views anyhow.

100%. I don’t always pass comment but I do often click the links.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2018, 11:22:55 PM »

TC responded to my post - in the 'russopbobe' thread  ? [:rofl:]

Quote from: TC
Moby, it's a pity that with all your vast knowledge and time spent in Russia,  You have not yet experienced what Russia has to offer.

??   The Women, the scenery, the culture, friends I have there ... ?;)

No rose colored glasses for me, I just had a  many great  experiences, and good memories of my time in Russia.

Not in doubt ... You know EXACTLY what I meant... I specifically referred to your seemingly unquestioning support for the govt and it's away games...  - you weren't only posting scenic places to visit ! ( hint military hardware )

After seeing how you demonstrate your world views, and  constant ego stroking it's not difficult to understand where the problem is.  :)
Nothing or No One in this world is perfect, but only seeing one side, leaves little opportunity to see what you're missing out on. tiphat

Hmm, apart from your 'persona analysis' - only others can 'stroke my ego' and - if I needed THAT - I'd not be posting on here ....

So, WHAT am I missing out on .. ?

Unlike you - I HAVE been to many of the places you post links to and have posted MY photos / videos from those on sites where the members are somewhat more objective..

Let's put the most important thing to bed .. I was and am sorry for your loss and suggest you celebrate your wife's memory by travelling there - again - if you can -- and comparing your memories with how things are, now.

Russia is a flipping wonderful place, it's culture alone is interesting enough - but Ple-EASE don't join with the other sycophants - most who make excuse NOT to visit - suggesting 'russophobia' because I don't like the endemic  corruption from the top down- witnessed first hand -  and away games in neighbours.

IF this post doesn't appear - or get moved to my 'russophobe' thread - you'll get my point that one cannot be objective on here ;) ..and how much it reminds me of the Russia you refuse to  see ..

Offline Manny

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2018, 01:20:55 PM »
but Ple-EASE don't join with the other sycophants - most who make excuse NOT to visit -

You are obsessed with those you imagine dont ever visit Russia. The truth is you have no clue who visited Russia last and when that might have been. Not everyone chooses to document their entire life on places such as Facebook or photo sharing sites. Indeed, some may have their own reasons not to publicly document when they last visited Russia.

There is no complexity involved that only you have mastered. A simple visa, a several hundred quid flight and three to seven hours later you are there.

That some dont rise to your baiting and trolling, again, is not 'evidence' of anything. If you ask me when I last visited Russia, I simply won't tell you as it's simply none of your business. I am happy to let you imagine what you like. I doubt I am the only one that would seek to avoid your trolling by using silence.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Guile

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2018, 07:00:59 PM »
I seriously think Moby's got some narcissistic personality disorder.  He keeps repeating several themes whenever he posts.  One is questioning when others has been to Russia.  Another is some variation of having to apologize to him for writing "daft"... that and "busted" have to be his 2 favourite words.

An old fart like him showing such immaturity is rather sad.

It's like he's addicted to arguing with people for it's own sake to fill up the boredom in his life.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2018, 08:34:50 PM »
but Ple-EASE don't join with the other sycophants - most who make excuse NOT to visit -

You are obsessed with those you imagine dont ever visit Russia. The truth is you have no clue who visited Russia last and when that might have been. Not everyone chooses to document their entire life on places such as Facebook or photo sharing sites. Indeed, some may have their own reasons not to publicly document when they last visited Russia.

There is no complexity involved that only you have mastered. A simple visa, a several hundred quid flight and three to seven hours later you are there.

That some dont rise to your baiting and trolling, again, is not 'evidence' of anything. If you ask me when I last visited Russia, I simply won't tell you as it's simply none of your business. I am happy to let you imagine what you like. I doubt I am the only one that would seek to avoid your trolling by using silence.

Naturally, I cannot prove that the most 'noisy' sychophants don't go - but I'm pretty sure that I'm bang on ..