The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: After marriage  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Rockstar77

• Spouses Country: Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
After marriage
« on: August 14, 2017, 07:17:37 AM »
Anyone ever been married in Dnipropetrovsk and know what to do after zags. I got all the marriage stuff but where do you go from here? We need to legalize it for Canada. Ohhhh don't be so salty and help a lad. It's good karma ya know...I'm sure I got an idea but just a little help ain't bad. I'm still in Dnipropetrovsk for about a month. Rock on

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
Re: After marriage
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 07:28:43 AM »
Anyone ever been married in Dnipropetrovsk and know what to do after zags. I got all the marriage stuff but where do you go from here? We need to legalize it for Canada. Ohhhh don't be so salty and help a lad. It's good karma ya know...I'm sure I got an idea but just a little help ain't bad. I'm still in Dnipropetrovsk for about a month. Rock on

Congratulations!!! Yay!!! Happy for you! Being you, i'd call your Embassy (Consular department) and ask them, all info anyone might give you could be outdated, even if they married in the same city not so long ago. ;) Probably you'll need to translate all the papers into English, you could check with your Consulate who does it - does court/sworn interpreter's stamp suffices or you need to take it to the notarius (or something else all together.) Anyway you decide to proceed, once again, from me - heartfelt congratulations!

p.s. (to spare you the googling as i presume you are on honeymoon ;))

Canadian consulate in Kiev http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ukraine/offices-bureaux/Kiev.aspx?lang=eng#serv

and in Lvov http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ukraine/offices-bureaux/Lvov.aspx?lang=eng
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline Rockstar77

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 07:37:39 AM »
Thank you volshe...she's a hottie but a sweetheart. Problem is I left my cellphone at home...no need for it because I have no uses for it over here. But bad mistake..dumb lit up canadski. I have to lay off the cheap booze. But it's all rocking. We are going to visit translate spots but my wife...emphasis on wife..happiness....just such a loving little beauty queen. Anyways..ohhh it's crazy...girls are bitches at those places because I see no wedding rings and are kinda garbage. Whatever...I'll find a way...thank you

Offline Rockstar77

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 07:40:25 AM »
These places remind me of places you eat everyday and the people get mad that your having the time of your life but hate you because work is something you don't need.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 07:43:03 AM »
Thank you volshe...she's a hottie but a sweetheart. Problem is I left my cellphone at home...no need for it because I have no uses for it over here. But bad mistake..dumb lit up canadski. I have to lay off the cheap booze. But it's all rocking. We are going to visit translate spots but my wife...emphasis on wife..happiness....just such a loving little beauty queen. Anyways..ohhh it's crazy...girls are bitches at those places because I see no wedding rings and are kinda garbage. Whatever...I'll find a way...thank you

Awesome!!! I can say you are excited!!!  :loving: :loving: :loving:

Look, Kiev seems to accept only by appointments and in person, but Lvov consulate has this listed:
Address

Canadian Consulate in Lvov
2 A. Bohomoltstia St., Office #4
Lvov 79005, Ukraine

Tel.: (011 38 032) 260-1572
Fax: (011 38 032) 260-1154
Email: oksmyr@mail.Lvov.ua

Hours of operation

Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 14:00 - 18:00
and Tuesday: 9:00 - 13:00

And when will you drink, if not now? Enjoy, my friend!  :party0011: :party0011: :party0011:
Douglas Adams

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 07:45:45 AM »
These places remind me of places you eat everyday and the people get mad that your having the time of your life but hate you because work is something you don't need.

Lol, it can happen in the FSU, don't take it personally ;) Focus on your beautiful wife and the celebration  :)
Douglas Adams

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 07:46:52 AM »
Can you borrow your wife's smartphone?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 10:42:34 AM »
What a beautiful couple!
Congratulations!!!
Many happy years to you!!!

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 11:01:17 AM »
Congrats Rockstar!

I posted a thread a few years ago about what we did when we got married..... don't know if anything has changed since then. Hope it helps

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,14770.msg214661.html#msg214661

Online Texan77

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 01:50:27 PM »
What a beautiful couple!
Congratulations!!!
Many happy years to you!!!
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 04:51:27 PM »
Congrats Rockstar, I didn't think you were the marrying type but you found a keeper and did the right thing so many happy years to come!  :BEER: