The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The Babushka !!  (Read 3269 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
The Babushka !!
« on: August 05, 2017, 12:52:33 PM »
Well babushka has been at ours for nearly two weeks now! The washing machine has been going 24/7 we will need an industrial one soon...Im not even sure where the bloody washing comes from maybe she's secretly doing next doors! I have given the wife strict instructions for my clothes not to be touched! :) I don't want them washed away then ironed to oblivion  ..lol The electric and water bill for the washing so far would be about $500 in the UK  :laugh:

The kitchen cupboards have been opening closing, clustering and banging for nearly two looking weeks!

Every time I look up she's dusting and cleaning, the floor boards will be washed away soon!

I have struck instructions NOT to enter our bedroom... Im to scared to even take my shirt off as it will be washed within 30 seconds  :ROFL:

One more week to go!!!  :bow:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Re: The Babushka !!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 01:01:53 PM »
Well babushka has been at ours for nearly two weeks now! The washing machine has been going 24/7 we will need an industrial one soon...Im not even sure where the bloody washing comes from maybe she's secretly doing next doors! I have given the wife strict instructions for my clothes not to be touched! :) I don't want them washed away then ironed to oblivion  ..lol The electric and water bill for the washing so far would be about $500 in the UK  :laugh:

The kitchen cupboards have been opening closing, clustering and banging for nearly two looking weeks!

Every time I look up she's dusting and cleaning, the floor boards will be washed away soon!

I have struck instructions NOT to enter our bedroom... Im to scared to even take my shirt off as it will be washed within 30 seconds  :ROFL:

tiphat    :ROFL:     :ROFL:       :ROFL:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 01:27:07 PM »
Oh shit there is a few spelling errors there!! Well I had a few vodkas! And on my way out for a night on the town!
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 05:04:48 PM »
What a spot on rant.

You have to decide if the Slavic wife is with the bells and whistles worth more than a blubber sow from Lincolnshire with her three brothers and four sisters some who can not remove themselves from the sofa.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 05:54:23 PM »
Oh shit there is a few spelling errors there!! Well I had a few vodkas! And on my way out for a night on the town!

I only noticed one spelling error. I believe it was looking instead of fooking.  :chuckle:

Have a good time!

Offline Annushka

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 08:24:17 PM »

I apologize, I will write in Russian. I think that everyone should know the Russian language at this forum. Everyone has or wants to have a Russian speaking wife. tiphat

Меня просто восхитила Ваша линия о бабушках! :-*
Я имею сразу к Вам вопрос. За время проживания в России и имея бизнес невесты- please! Вы не заработали отдельную квартиру, чтобы поселить гостей? Чтобы быть счастливым, надо жить и встречаться с детьми и внуками на отдельной жилой площади!!! :-*
Я уже счастлива 6 лет с моими внуками. Главное - интеллектуальное развитие. Конечно, мои приходящие внуки делают мне заказ на всякие вкусные блюда. Но уборку в моей квартире делают уже внуки (ранее дети)! Вот так в России приобщают к урокам труда. ;D :chuckle:

In the south of Russia, extreme heat is slightly over + 40 ° C. Water is salvation!

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 10:45:44 PM »

Я имею сразу к Вам вопрос. За время проживания в России и имея бизнес невесты- please! Вы не заработали отдельную квартиру, чтобы поселить гостей? Чтобы быть счастливым, надо жить и встречаться с детьми и внуками на отдельной жилой площади!!! :-*

There is nothing wrong to stay at the same apartment with visiting relatives.
I would say it is weird for Russia to have separate apartment for guests.

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 10:47:07 PM »

In the south of Russia, extreme heat is slightly over + 40 ° C. Water is salvation!

OMG!!! It is only August 5th...

Registration