The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Ways to meet girls while in the FSU.  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Ways to meet girls while in the FSU.
« on: August 01, 2017, 06:46:28 PM »

The article below gives tips for meeting girls on the Moscow metro, but could apply to most metros.
And as the article says, weekends would be the best, the small micro busses can be good as well, often I found myself sitting with some very attractive women that would have been very easy to strike up conversation.

How to meet a girl on the Moscow Metro?

https://www.rbth.com/arts/lifestyle/2017/08/01/how-to-meet-a-girl-on-the-moscow-metro_814912
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Re: Ways to meet girls while in the FSU.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 08:51:44 PM »

I found myself sitting with some very attractive women that would have been very easy to strike up conversation.

So - why didn't you ?

Marshrutka's ( Mini Buses) often don't have air-con fitted in Sochi and I wait for a larger bus -  for that reason.

Parking can be a pain in Russian cities - so it is often better to catch the bus

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Tom Cat

'Be persistent': Russian girls share tips on how to pick them up
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 04:28:03 PM »
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Re: 'Be persistent': Russian girls share tips on how to pick them up
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 06:58:44 AM »
'Be persistent': Russian girls share tips on how to pick them up

https://www.rbth.com/arts/2017/08/21/be-persistent-russian-girls-share-tips-on-how-to-pick-them-up_826030

Girls being the operative word - seeing most were in their teens / v.early 20's..

This was telling ..

"When it comes to dating foreigners, I personally think most of them are looking for a quick hookup instead of a meaningful relationship. I don’t like this. "
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Registration