The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Driving tour of Ukraine.  (Read 856 times)

Offline Poldark

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Driving tour of Ukraine.
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 06:08:40 AM »
I watched some youtube videos about modded Ladas. Super cool. Just like the states, I would plan to have a practical car and a project car. But who knows what the future holds.
I would agree about having two cars, I've got a MB A220d as my daily driver plus a used AMG C63 that I screw about with aka drive like a *snip* although I'm certain it's on the way out (currently being worked on again!) but for a late '15 plate at £16k with few miles, it was a steal, I just behave as a knob when driving.

I seriously want a BMW M5, they feel awesome although most models lack some of the standard features that are on the C63 and costs £10k more used although it could be worse, could be the horrendously overpriced M4, BMW screwed the pooch with that pricing.

If you like seeing cars go through the streets of Russia/Ukraine, you should check out Limma (2016 Moscow) and Zelimkhan SHM (M4 Drifting).

I don't condone the way they drive but it's also quite satisfying to watch, I do my crazy on the 'track' (:)

Online MBS01

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Driving tour of Ukraine.
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 07:26:41 PM »
Glad you enjoyed the trip.  Just a couple of notes:
Way back in time (as in first visit to Ukraine) we went out with the future in-laws and got stopped.  Father in law handed over his documents, officer looked at them and waved us on our way.  Seems  that even police officers and their families also need and regard the Church these days.  Was rather interesting at the time.

More recently driving depends on which side  of the road the pot holes are on!  Since the split up of the country the roads are extremely bad to drive on.  Thus we try to fly direct their city rather than spending 6 hours waiting in Kiev or having someone meet us in Kiev and returning us there.  Last visits via Kiev we had to circumvent the normal direct route due to who controlled the local areas!