The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The end of Russia ....  (Read 39 times)

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
The end of Russia ....
« on: July 25, 2017, 02:28:50 PM »
Literally ! ..

Some of you may remember our bike ride to the end of Russia in March 2015.. .Well I THOUGHT I was on the border - the sign said so ..but today a friend took us to the actual end of Russia... we were 10 m from the river that separates Russia from Georgia / 'Abkhazia' .. on the other side were holiday-makers in 'Abkhazia'

I was scared to take a photo until I saw a guy making a video and the soldiers in the watch tower didn't seem phased  ..

You can see the mountains of Georgia / 'Abkhazia' in the distance.