The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Back to the future: Flying taxis to transport Muscovites in 2018  (Read 845 times)

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
I have doubts this will be possible  by  2018, but it may be possible in the near future.

Back to the future: Flying taxis to transport Muscovites in 2018

https://www.rbth.com/science_and_tech/2017/07/20/back-to-the-future-flying-taxis-to-transport-muscovites-in-2018_807455
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Back to the future: Flying taxis to transport Muscovites in 2018
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 08:03:14 PM »
Imagine 50 of those flying around the city. They'll likely be more accidents than Aeroflot.... :plane:
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Jerash

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 11:45:48 AM »
Imagine 50 of those flying around the city. They'll likely be more accidents than Aeroflot.... :plane:

Times, they be a changing.

"Aeroflot's safety standards are now among the best in the industry. The website AirlineRatings.com – which judges the vulnerability of carriers according to a number of criteria – gives it the maximum seven stars, placing it alongside the likes of Qantas, and it has been involved in just one fatal accident in the past 20 years."

Read more: http://www.traveller.com.au/former-accidentprone-russian-carrier-aeroflot-announced-worlds-most-powerful-gued2f#ixzz4naFQ8RLx

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 03:37:29 PM »
I have doubts this will be possible  by  2018, but it may be possible in the near future.

Back to the future: Flying taxis to transport Muscovites in 2018

https://www.rbth.com/science_and_tech/2017/07/20/back-to-the-future-flying-taxis-to-transport-muscovites-in-2018_807455

And I thought drug use was only in the United States. But it is the dog days.

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 08:55:07 AM »

Indeed, Soviet performance couldn't have worsened. They have come on leaps and bounds...the only way is up I guess. However,

3 Write offs in the 00's - 2 due to pilot error (1 landing without landing gear FFS)

And overshooting the runway back in January.

After you Jerash :plane:
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 09:48:40 AM »

Indeed, Soviet performance couldn't have worsened. They have come on leaps and bounds...the only way is up I guess. However,

3 Write offs in the 00's - 2 due to pilot error (1 landing without landing gear FFS)

And overshooting the runway back in January.

After you Jerash :plane:

Is this including the one where the pilot's son crashed the Airbus?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot