The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Do Ukrainians need a VISA to visit the Maldives?  (Read 1560 times)

Offline rw_recruiter

• Trips: None Yet
Do Ukrainians need a VISA to visit the Maldives?
« on: July 11, 2017, 12:48:24 PM »
The woman I am speaking to mentioned the Maldives was a nice destination to visit from Ukraine. I was thinking of surprising her with a trip. Curious as to whether she needs a tourist VISA or not? Or maybe there is another destination members have been to?

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Do Ukrainians need a VISA to visit the Maldives?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 12:55:15 PM »
The woman I am speaking to mentioned the Maldives was a nice destination to visit from Ukraine. I was thinking of surprising her with a trip. Curious as to whether she needs a tourist VISA or not? Or maybe there is another destination members have been to?

30 day visa on arrival. Hope your not thinking of taking the golddigger lass from Odessa?
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 02:32:13 PM »
Just when is this 'surprise' going to happen?

Make sure that you don't make it too much of a surprise because you will probably needing to agree cash terms and slotting your week or two into her busy schedule. Also, the Maldives is rather passe so you will probably want to up your game in that regard.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline rw_recruiter

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 03:04:45 PM »

Make sure that you don't make it too much of a surprise because you will probably needing to agree cash terms and slotting your week or two into her busy schedule. Also, the Maldives is rather passe so you will probably want to up your game in that regard.

I would obviously wait until we have met in person. Would hate for her look like a loshad in person. If the Maldives is dated, where would you suggest instead?

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 05:00:35 PM »

I would obviously wait until we have met in person. Would hate for her look like a loshad in person. If the Maldives is dated, where would you suggest instead?

According to many Russophiles, Donetsk is the place to go. Lots of reconstruction.

Offline rw_recruiter

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 06:24:21 PM »

According to many Russophiles, Donetsk is the place to go. Lots of reconstruction.

Her brother is serving in Eastern Ukraine, I am told it is not good this time of year and the airport has a poor selection of eateries.

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 06:37:56 PM »

I would pick something a little closer to Ukraine. Perhaps Croatia or Greece, both are not crazy expensive and have beaches and culture. The locals tend to be friendly and the regions are oriented (in a good way) towards tourism.

But I first would spend serious time with her before going on a joint vacation.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline tonton

• RIP
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 12:34:32 AM »

I would pick something a little closer to Ukraine. Perhaps Croatia or Greece, both are not crazy expensive and have beaches and culture. The locals tend to be friendly and the regions are oriented (in a good way) towards tourism.

Agreed.

There is always Thailand which is a nice place, awesome food and good weather.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 01:27:27 AM »
Ask what she would like to do. That's always a good move, even if the target of your affections is both more and less than you'd hope she might be.

My guess, based upon what you have shared, is that she can probably provide first hand reviews of resorts and hotels in more places than you can imagine (or afford).

Offline rw_recruiter

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 01:46:04 AM »
She has not traveled much. To Dubai once to visit a good girlfriend and to some other destination that escapes my mind.

Offline Maxx

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 01:55:51 AM »

Batumi, Georgia is another possibility. Many Georgians speak Russian and they tend to like Ukrainians and Americans I have found. 

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 10:06:59 AM »
She has not traveled much. To Dubai once to visit a good girlfriend and to some other destination that escapes my mind.

Whoops! Suspicions confirmed. :smokin:

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 10:09:34 AM »
Ask what she would like to do. That's always a good move, even if the target of your affections is both more and less than you'd hope she might be.

My guess, based upon what you have shared, is that she can probably provide first hand reviews of resorts and hotels in more places than you can imagine (or afford).

yep.  :ROFL:     :ROFL:      :ROFL:

Offline 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 10:21:08 AM »

Agreed.

There is always Thailand which is a nice place, awesome food and good weather.

+ 1

I advise that you meet the girl in person first in her home town, make
sure you have chemistry before going on a vacation together.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2017, 10:35:55 AM »
Pound to penny this ‘brother’ is her husband/pimp...
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2017, 04:19:12 PM »
Pound to penny this ‘brother’ is her husband/pimp...

You said that which I hesitated to say. I am sure that if the woman looks as presented, given the  other stuff we have been told, that she has a keeper in some form; that she has 'obligations'.

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2017, 04:45:59 PM »

Whoops! Suspicions confirmed. :smokin:

While Dubai is interesting as a place, it has a certain 'reputation'.

On one side everything is conjecture from the pundits side, there are things noted that indicate you are at least a target of a so-called good time girl. Meet her and see if a relationship is possible in her home country.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration