The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The Cleaning lady?  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
The Cleaning lady?
« on: July 03, 2017, 02:30:06 AM »
Some thing I never can understand is why so many Expats need a "Cleaning lady" For me its just sheer laziness and an excuse to upgrade your status... you have a cleaning lady, usually a Filipino it means your going up in the world..

One reason I usually stay well away from Expats, most are stuck up assholes..I couldn't imagine being stuck in a bar all night with a bunch of twats that need to pay a Filipino to iron their shirts and spend all evening discussing how good their cleaner is..... :chuckle:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: The Cleaning lady?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 05:31:49 AM »
Some thing I never can understand is why so many Expats need a "Cleaning lady" For me its just sheer laziness and an excuse to upgrade your status... you have a cleaning lady, usually a Filipino it means your going up in the world..

One reason I usually stay well away from Expats, most are stuck up assholes..I couldn't imagine being stuck in a bar all night with a bunch of *snip*s that need to pay a Filipino to iron their shirts and spend all evening discussing how good their cleaner is..... :chuckle:

When I lived in Cyprus, before I was married - I HAD a lovely Sri Lankan lady that does... I HATE ironing. She got paid - well above the going rate, used my phone to call her family.

When V arrived on the scene - I had to let her go - as V felt the same as you. She ( the lady that does) needed the money and I felt terrible...and I found her another client.

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 07:10:38 AM »
You hit the nail on the head - status.

While I like having a cleaner there's nothing to brag about unless there's nothing better to brag about.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 03:57:57 AM »
You hit the nail on the head - status.

While I like having a cleaner there's nothing to brag about unless there's nothing better to brag about.

I think nearly all expats in Moscow have a cleaner and its all they talk about.. sad life I already was chucked of one forum for telling them so.. :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Registration