The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Observations From Trip 3  (Read 13449 times)

Offline yankee

Re: Observations From Trip 3
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2017, 06:15:42 AM »

Having seen her city, her tiny but nice apartment (in a not-so-nice building) and her public transportation situation, I am thinking about how much I could improve this girl's life (tangibly, at least). An angel like this needs to be rescued, or so the logic goes.

this is not a good reason to get married
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2017, 06:31:51 AM »
Thanks for all the helpful advice. I did join a couple of online ex-pat communities, attend an ex-pat event and go to an ex-pat bar. I would say the average woman encountered in those activities is not the most attractive in Kiev. I went that route mainly to make some male friends. I did meet a few guys. I am getting together with a few guys in an hour at a non ex-pat pub. My confidence goes way up when I am not by myself.

I did meet one extremely sweet and pretty girl on an online ex-pat community. We went for a 5 hour date that went really well at the beginning but the excitement waned as the evening wore on. I proposed we meet again but she is not interested.

I went on a 2nd date yesterday with a girl I met on the bus. I think I will see her again later today. Very cute girl in her mid 20's. Good job. Hard worker. Not the greatest smile though, although it's superficial of me to say. Then again, I'm superficial!

I have been teaching English while I am here. I am working for 5 different schools. I am scheduled to work about 25 hours next week. It is really fun and has given me something to do. The money is virtually nothing, haha. About 70% of the students are female. Perhaps 20% of that 70 are quite attractive. However, I have been an educator for a long time and believe I know what is appropriate behavior. I wouldn't pursue a woman who was a student. This has also been a way to make connections. I have hung out a few times with another male teacher.

Stay well away from "Expat Bars" or anything like it, and do not have ANYTHING to do with women who hang about with so called expats..

The best plan is to have NO plan and just go with the flow... and importantly if you do happen to meet some beautiful women, they do not come cheap.. beauty salon, hair, nails, fur coat, quality clothes, she will not want a pair of Primark knickers!! If you cannot afford to maintain a women like this , don't waste your time even looking/speaking/meeting such a women.

Your always better off going for an ordinary women and improving her :)

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2017, 06:51:15 AM »

Having seen her city, her tiny but nice apartment (in a not-so-nice building) and her public transportation situation, I am thinking about how much I could improve this girl's life (tangibly, at least). An angel like this needs to be rescued, or so the logic goes.

I disagree Yankee. It's the WORST reason to import a woman. It is called the "White Knight Complex" of rescuing the fair maiden. justadude should get acquainted with the "You won't get credit for it" theory. 

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2017, 07:23:27 AM »

I disagree Yankee. It's the WORST reason to import a woman. It is called the "White Knight Complex" of rescuing the fair maiden. justadude should get acquainted with the "You won't get credit for it" theory.

I suspect common sense will prevail, at least I hope so.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Truly Yours

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2017, 08:42:49 AM »
has nice teeth

Wow, that sure makes her eligible ;D

Online AvHdB

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2017, 08:53:09 AM »
has nice teeth

Some where long ago there was a poster that judged women from the fsu by there chompers (teeth).   :(

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2017, 08:59:00 AM »

I suppose it's obvious that I'm super excited about her right now. Obviously it's very early days, but I'm letting myself enjoy the moment.

I am glad you met someone you like, justadude! It's obvious she likes you too and that's probably among the best things under the sun  :innocent:
You seem to be honest and you seem to be writing what's really going through your head. Not all of us are angels (well, except me, Orchid, Avvy and very few others  :saint: ) and i think it's normal NOT to think only about eternity of one's soul...  ;D ;D ;D
It's noble to want to make someone happy and their life better. I think it's one of the main (normal)reasons for people to get into relationships.

I normally respect Steveboy's take, but for goodness sake, it's not 90ies, not every girl who wants to learn English is passport - hunter. More so, i think there are few nowadays.I met my best friend in Moscow because she was hanging out with expats to practice her English. From super nice family, educated, most decent girl.  "Expats" is also females, and people generally, regular people, not necessarily the lowest of low.
All of that being said, please take your time, do not hurry.
Best,
Volshe
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline Maxx

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2017, 10:33:42 AM »
has nice teeth

Some where long ago there was a poster that judged women from the fsu by there chompers (teeth).   :(

Was it D.S.? or S.J.?

Online AvHdB

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2017, 10:43:24 AM »
has nice teeth

Was it D.S.? or S.J.?

No, I want to say Calm M. . . but perhaps BilleB - it was like he was inspecting cattle or horses. A moderator if he is so inclined can recall it. I thought back than it was a low point but we have gone lower since than. It could even be before I joined RUA and was only lurking. I only recall  :sick0012:

Offline Maxx

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2017, 11:05:22 AM »
has nice teeth

Was it D.S.? or S.J.?

No, I want to say Calm M. . . but perhaps BilleB - it was like he was inspecting cattle or horses. A moderator if he is so inclined can recall it. I thought back than it was a low point but we have gone lower since than. It could even be before I joined RUA and was only lurking. I only recall  :sick0012:

There sure are a lot of eccentric characters on these boards. D.S. was a guy with a RW wife who used to judge a RW by her photo. S.J. was a Harvard educated lawyer who went to Ukraine to check out the woman of his dreams only to discover she had a mouth full of rotten teeth. He took one look and left her and Ukraine that day. He gave up on Slavic women and his guide Stirilitz after that.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2017, 11:40:55 AM »

Read among the lines: they don't have money for dentists... I think everyone likes nice teeth, don't we, but yeah... (:)

p.s. justadude, this is in no way aimed at your post, i also notice if someone has nice teeth.

Douglas Adams

Offline rw_recruiter

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2017, 12:56:36 PM »
Well, how you maintain your teeth is directly tied to your overall hygiene and health. So bad teeth may indicate someone has other medical issues at hand. My understanding is that dentistry in Russia and Ukraine has advanced since then and this is largely a thing the guys who married in the 90's went through.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2017, 01:31:02 PM »
has nice teeth

Was it D.S.? or S.J.?

Donhollio:

I have read on tours some Yanks have even asked women to open their mouths for inspection to judge if they were suitable wife material!  :o

It turns out this wasnt a Yank, this was a Canadian, I give you, our very own Donhollio ladies and gentlemen.  :laugh:

Yes it was me prying her little wanting mouth open........
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Maxx

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2017, 02:04:28 PM »

As a joke I asked this RW I was seeing to open her mouth so I can look at her teeth. She wasn't amused and said in her deep voice, "I am not a horse."  :ROFL:  I've found since then Slavic women generally do not like being teased. They take themselves very serious.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2017, 06:26:15 PM »
Jesus Christ, it's no surprise that relationships are a mystery to you.

It's likely that any person, anywhere in the world, would take exception to such a crass comment.

You're about as subtle as a blow to the temple with a blackjack.

Does your next target know that she is to be your unpaid domestic?

Here's a free tip that's going to help you if you want to avoid getting blown out again: don't think at all about what she might do for you. Concentrate your efforts upon making her time with you the best it can be. To do that think about what you can do for her.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online AvHdB

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2017, 07:12:02 PM »
Jesus Christ, it's no surprise that relationships are a mystery to you.

It's likely that any person, anywhere in the world, would take exception to such a crass comment.

You're about as subtle as a blow to the temple with a blackjack.

Does your next target know that she is to be your unpaid domestic?

Here's a free tip that's going to help you if you want to avoid getting blown out again: don't think at all about what she might do for you. Concentrate your efforts upon making her time with the best it can be. To do that think about what you can do for her.

Andrew, I tend to doubt JC will help. I think we are speaking/musing regarding post #23 in a theoretical sense. Av

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2017, 10:47:54 PM »

As a joke I asked this RW I was seeing to open her mouth so I can look at her teeth. She wasn't amused and said in her deep voice, "I am not a horse."  :ROFL:  I've found since then Slavic women generally do not like being teased. They take themselves very serious.

:dh:  :laugh:

Offline Maxx

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2017, 12:40:27 AM »
What damn stupid people we got posting here. Judging someone not knowing the full conditions and circumstances. But being fair and honest is not your strong suit Andrew. You would make a TERRIBLE scientist or objective journalist. Your hate for your fellow man is well known by the long time posters here. It colors most everything you post about another especially if they are male.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2017, 12:36:33 PM »
Might we refrain from insulting each other please?  :coffeeread:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2017, 01:48:47 PM »
Might we refrain from insulting each other please?  :coffeeread:

While certainly I have my challenges dealing with Wiz (and sometimes AndrewFi) a degree of civility makes for a more pleasant forum and allot less work for the moderators. But it is a two way street.

One has to pretend to be a duck and let the water roll off your back as you paddle around the threads.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2017, 04:40:30 PM »
Maxx, if you can't see just where you shot yourself in the foot and where you are about to do the same thing to your other foot then, at your age, there's little that can help you.

Getting in a bate with me as you peck at your lonely laptop keyboard is not productive.

It doesn't have to be this way. If a fat, aging, long term bachelor, like me can manage to attract attractive young women to share life then you can too. Treating women like shit is not how it's done.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2017, 05:02:11 PM »
If a fat, aging, long term bachelor, like me can manage to attract attractive young women to share life then you can too. Treating women like shit is not how it's done.

I don't think there's need to make less of yourself so to comfort someone, especially someone who comes across as being rather manipulative and selfish/ self-centered.

If a spade is to be called spade, when you speak to women, Andrew ( a bird told me and i believed her as she seemed to be quite a trustworthy little bird  :-X), you are very polite and nice, beside being an English gentleman. That's the difference and it can't be abridged.
Now it turns i am flattering you, but i have 0 interest in doing so  ;D ;D ;D
Douglas Adams

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2017, 05:34:39 PM »
Sorry, yes, you make a reasonable point. I was seeking to draw some points of commonality between Maxx and I; to help make the point easier to relate to.

Anyone can act like a gentleman. Perhaps some can not *be* a gentleman but I am sure that, at least in the short term, the benefits are the same. However, I can assure Maxx that my points are entirely based in current experience. I do not have women running from my company.

I have over the past few weeks hosted four close friends, all women, 3 were with me for a couple of weeks, at the same time. Respect and consideration meant that we suffered no jealousy as we enjoyed each other's company. The last has just left my home today and might well become the life partner I have been looking for these past few years.

If I can do it Maxx can but it can't happen if he acts like an ass.

Women, just like men, tend to seek a partner of whom they can be proud. What woman can be proud of a man who treats her like a donkey at market. What woman can be proud of a grown man unable to cook healthy food?

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2017, 05:49:02 PM »

I have over the past few weeks hosted four close friends, all women, 3 were with me for a couple of weeks, at the same time. Respect and consideration meant that we suffered no jealousy as we enjoyed each other's company. The last has just left my home today and might well become the life partner I have been looking for these past few years.

Fingers crossed!  :loving: I feel it's up to you, to decide. You have a lot of choice, they are all cool, and then it's a problem to choose only one (i guess, i am not i guy so i can't know  ;D) I do hope the last one manages to keep you*  :thumbsup:

**i know we can open a discussion now, and while i totally get  poli-amorous child-free loving and living, it's clashing with my personal view of family slash long-term happiness. I can't help it, but to see it as one guy +one 'gal + in God's willing, a baby. That's what i want for myself, that's what i want for my friends. And you are my friend. Now, if you throw rotten tomatoes my way, i'll fight back!!!  :-[
Douglas Adams

Online AvHdB

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2017, 06:25:35 PM »
hosted four close friends, all women,

hopefully you did more than just host them