The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Sochi - footie and (very) Happy Birthdays  (Read 827 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Sochi - footie and (very) Happy Birthdays
« on: June 19, 2017, 01:57:48 PM »
I tipped up in Sochi with little warning - to surprise SC - who had thought I would miss her birthday !

I arrived at 03:00 and came through passport control  - QUICKLY - plenty of staff on hand to welcome Aussies, Germans and folks from Cameroon  - more later

SC made a hearty breakfast for me at 11am and I had a biz meeting at 1600 which lasted until 2100 and we crashed

Next day

I had planned a romantic dinner for two, but forgot that is NOT how it happens in FSU nations ... Oh, no ..I had to invite friends :))

So, plan B was to go into the mountains for a picnic... Ooops it was raining ..  Plan B was to go to a quiet part of the coast where one can cook Shashlik - a BBQ.

Homemade beer and wine, vodka and soft drinks, plus a pile of food was carried over the rocky beach .

The view took in a Russian Missile Cruiser stationed off the Olympic Part - for the Confederation  Cup  ( a trial run of  next year's World Cup )  Germany beat Australia :(

I drove there but SC doesn't really drink alcohol so I was able to 'relax' ..

It started to rain, so we moved under a pier and restarted the fire and the drink flowed and the food was heartily consumed

Plenty of drinking leads to 'singing' and 'silliness' - like trying to remember the words from Disney songs from childhood ... 

A great time was had by all

I MIGHT decide to post the videos, tomorrow ..

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: Sochi - footie and (very) Happy Birthdays
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 11:48:57 PM »
Congrats Old Man.

And Happy Birthday to her.

Registration