The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Congratulations Wiz!  (Read 3606 times)

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Congratulations Wiz!
« on: June 09, 2017, 10:38:36 PM »

BTW we both got married 9 years ago and our anniversary is next week on the 14 and still not arranged anything due to her work schedule. She has 4 days Off and I am looking for somewhere to go.......... ???

All the best to you both.....

Regards
Yannis

The senior member of the forum thought he could just slip this by!

WELL DONE!

Normally we are late with congratulations, but for once we can be timely.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
Re: Congratulations Wiz!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 12:02:35 AM »
Indeed, for all our differences respect to Hannah for putting up with you all these years ;)
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 05:36:55 PM »
Congratulations!

A couple more years, and she will wear you down into a fine gentleman.

tiphat

Wayne

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 06:48:44 AM »
Firstly thank you very much for all your wishes.... and apologies for missing your posts.

Well due to her Job time restrictions of free 3 or 4 days weekly (alternating) leave.......unfortunately I could not  make a booking of 7 Days to a place of full sunshine........as packages were more expensive than a 7 days breaks.

Finally on the 14 July we decided to drive to North of France, visited Belgium for cheap smoking supplies, as usual and then went down to Boulogne, where we had a wonderful time. Many nice places to visit, big celebrations for Pirates day and of course, my favoured, plenty of sea food by the port!

On the way back, food and wine shopping was in order as usual, and then we spent most of the day exploring Calais...where we had been many times before but had not spent nearly a full day.

At the end of the day, went to catch the ferry back.... but the 19.55 boat we had booked, was overbooked and had to wait for the next one at 20.40 (French time). On arrival at Dover problems started, as they had blocked the A20 leading to M20 straight roads to our town, with no diversion signs at all .. :evilgrin0002:..... GPS took us around the houses and country side ... to Folkstone and then back on the M20 & M25, arriving home at Middle night very tired.

Hanna wants to visit Mama sometime but BA/S7 (forget Aeroflop... ) return in October.... is over £350 for her return flight.

Well with that sort of Money we can check last minute with Thomson or other operator and go to Menorca or Malaga, for a week B/B at around £160 pp... and hire a car to go around all week.

Early in the year on Jan 26 we went to Madeira 3 * hotel for Total price both of us, including a weeks car for £240 and end of February I found a 4* hotel H/B in Malaga for the total price for both of us at  £220 + £23 for week's Carhire. In both places weather was over 20C.  ;D

I have been in the travel Business and know when and where to look for cheap packages.
Why pay more........ ???   I prefer to spent the saved £ money for good food, mostly seafood, Good wine and travelling around visiting interesting places.

If you think about it, we don't have children to care for, and .... all we need is a good double bed.....and good Bathroom for our holiday. I don't like hotel swimming pools and always swim in the sea. For dinners always visit restaurants where locals go, more romantic and always we had a great time at local  and not Tourist prices.

I am sure other people have different preferences but the above suit us and the pocket of a poor pensioner...... ;D :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

PS: Moby..... the door is open and nobody stops her.... she has a mind of her own, as you know!
Living with a Russian woman... or any woman..... it's not an easy task, as you very well know.

It take two to tango.......and I have no wish to die from a heart attack or high blood pressure!

The choice is hers.......

:nod: tiphat
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Registration