The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Volshe, I would like to tell you an interesting story  (Read 838 times)

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
Volshe, I would like to tell you an interesting story
« on: June 01, 2017, 03:41:21 AM »
I had been writing a woman in Ukraine for ten months through one of those PPL sites. Yes, I know they are $hit. I had no intentions of using their PPL site but she drew me in with some questions about Georgia. She is in her early forties, has a 13 year old son, a school teacher and raises chickens and rabbits in her backyard. Her raising chickens was our inside joke. I joked that I was going draw her portrait holding a chicken. So she sent me this.

The amazing coincidence with her was I was writing her at the same time my friend in Texas was. There are 10s of thousands of women on that site so what are the odds? My friend blew it when he went on video-chat with her and asked her to stand up and turn around to show off her body. She immediately got offended and wouldn't chat with him anymore. He hung up on her and deleted all her photos and messages. When I sent him a link to her he said, "I know her" and then told me the story.

So we exchanged letters. She was the first person I contacted in my hospital room when I got into that bad accident.

dear Maria! i am typing this one handed lying down. i am in the hospitable i had a very bad car accident. Hit Tuesday by a semi-tractor trailer truck at 95 kph in the rear. i was stopped on the road waiting to make the turn when it hit me. Pushed me across the road to the other side. Totally wrecked the car. People say i am lucky it wasn't worse. It could be several days before i am out of the hospitable. i am in the trauma unit getting physical therapy. I am on oxicoden drugs for lots of pain and soreness. I sleep a lot. I wear one those neck braces. No surgery needed says the MRI ……. VERY BAD wipe lash I can hardly move. I should be alright eventually but i'll be very sore for a while!! hope you are doing fine Maxx n-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Maxx, I re read your letter several times, it seems like a bad dream. Dear, so pity it happened with you and you have to go through the pain. Horrible and unexpected situation but you survived - it's a big luck. People are right, could be much worse. We say in such cases - you will live a long life. I believe you have a good care in the hospital and day by day you will feel better. But of course you need someone next to you. May your brother support you? Sorry, I can do for your nothing, only wish you to recover yourself as soon as possible and pray for your health. Maxx, even in your bad moment you were thinking about me and let me know what happened with you. You are a strong man but I would like to hug you and say Everything will be ok. I'm with you in my thoughts. Feel my hugs dear. I hope will be possible for you to send me a message sometimes. Here everything is going good, don't worry about me. Hug you, Maria

So we are writing each other regularly. She was the one I kept in contact with during all those events I had this past year.

My idea was to visit her in her city. Maybe rent a place close by and over the 89 days of being allowed to stay in Ukraine see if we are suited for each other. If it doesn't work out then on to plan 'B'.

Frankly the frequent letter writing was getting expensive. I told her that I was going to stop writing for a while and then just one letter before we meet. My lease expires August 18 so that would be the logical time to travel to Ukraine.

There are some very interesting twists to this story I haven't explained yet. But Volshe, it is best done in PM so I'll send you one later, OK?

And please no mention in your posts here about what I proposed doing, OK?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Volshe, I would like to tell you an interesting story
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 05:05:39 AM »
Hi Maxx

Maria / Masha may even exist - but I'd lay SERIOUS odds that you aren't taking to her
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 04:13:18 AM »
Hi Maxx

Maria / Masha may even exist - but I'd lay SERIOUS odds that you aren't taking to her

I had her in video chat. Video chat is where you can see each other but they at the agency cut the sound. All you "hear" are the chat words printed on the screen. The agency is worried that there will be an exchange of contact info.

My friend down n Texas also video chatted with her. So she is real however what her motivations are it is difficult to know for sure. These woman get a cut in the chat fees and with something to gain by being interested in you, you never can truly be sure.

Another thing my friend noticed, but not with her, that sometimes when he was in video chat he would see their hands were not at the keyboard. Yet he was still getting messages. So there must have been a third party involved.

Maria (05-18-2017 19:03)
I can't here you

The 'here' for 'hear' has got me suspicious. She claims she speaks only a little English and uses a translation program in chat. 'Here' for  'hear' can get exchanged only by a person who speaks English well. They sound the same but are completely different words. So how could they get exchanged in an automatic translation engine?

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 07:01:28 PM »
Those eyebrows appear to be only drawn on.  :coffeeread:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 07:08:35 PM »
Those eyebrows appear to be only drawn on.  :coffeeread:

Rather strange looking, isn't she? Her smirk tells all, IMO.

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 08:47:38 PM »
Maxx,

PPL? Isn't that an expensive way to make a pen pal?

Wayne

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 07:59:41 AM »
Ain't nobody here but us chickens!

Registration