The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Will Yulia Tymoshenko be able to impeach President Poroshenko?  (Read 1359 times)

Offline milesjordan

The situation in Ukraine is disquieting again. Practically in all cities there are spontaneous meetings often ended in serious clashes between police and protestors. 'Poroshenko and bureaucracy are reaping great benefits from war; they are pillaging this country, killing our children; and until they are out of power, there will be no peace here' - the crowd is shouting near the city administration building in Kiev. 'The government fooled and tricked us! Out with such flashmen as Poroshenko, Groysman and Parubiy' - Lvov's inhabitants are chanting near the building of regional state administration. 

The people are determined to stand until their key demand is fulfilled. As one the protestors call for immediate resignation of President Poroshenko and the subsequent taking him into custody. Some experts raise serious concerns that Ukraine will face new disturbances, and the country is unlikely to survive such events if this demand is not satisfied in the near future.

This development was quite predictable. The President's quickly falling rating (now it is no more than 10% or only 6%, according to some sources) is a direct reflection of public mood as the population gets angrier about his policies. Thus, the calls for President Poroshenko's resignation were only a matter of time.

There is no knowing what prompted Ukrainian parliamentarians to act - spontaneous meetings or some other reasons – but the some members of the Verkhovna Rada (Ukrainian Parliament) started gathering signatures to impeach the President.

As it turned out, it had been initiated by such main opponent of acting government as Yulia Tymoshenko. The Radical Party's leader Oleh Lyashko, former commander of the volunteer territorial defense battalion "Donbas" Semen Semenchenko, Ukrainian politician Nadiya Savchenko and many others have already given their votes to initiate the procedure.

In accordance with the law of Ukraine, they can initiate the impeachment procedure only if the parliamentary majority supports it. That will be followed by the establishment of investigating commission and, subsequently, investigation of illegal activities of the President. It would not be hard to prove the guilt of Poroshenko as he is responsible for a variety of crimes, ranging from his failure to satisfy requirements for investing abroad to a serious violation of the anti-corruption law. But the real question is whether the MPs will support Tymoshenko's initiative.

According to opinion polls, Mrs. Tymoshenko has really got some chance for it. Today she is the most popular politician among both ordinary Ukrainians and her colleagues from Ukraine's parliament. Currently even supporters of the acting President are forced to make a choice to either maintain the fatal course of Poroshenko or change their views, just for the sake of staying on the political arena of Ukraine together with the head of the State.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Will Yulia Tymoshenko be able to impeach President Poroshenko?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 07:11:07 AM »
Welcome to RUA.

At this moment I wonder if the above are your words or a copy and paste from another source. If yes it does little for your credibility and puts RUA in danger of copyright infringement.

I would note that at best Y. Tymoshenko is now something of a 'fringe' politician in Ukraine.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 11:30:14 PM »
Returning to this thread; Team Tymoschenko is at least in Kiev quite active TRYING to assemble the signatures. Interesting is most people give the little tents a 'wide berth'.

When I first saw this thread I thought another attempt by Yuliya to stay in the spot light, but she is trying to find the necessary signatures. In mind it further confirms to a degree what a disruptive wannabe politician she is.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 08:18:34 PM »
Returning to this thread; Team Tymoschenko is at least in Kiev quite active TRYING to assemble the signatures. Interesting is most people give the little tents a 'wide berth'.

When I first saw this thread I thought another attempt by Yuliya to stay in the spot light, but she is trying to find the necessary signatures. In mind it further confirms to a degree what a disruptive wannabe politician she is.

Ditto. If she continues, I believe she will become the Ukrainian version of Hillary.

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 01:33:35 AM »
Welcome to RUA.

At this moment I wonder if the above are your words or a copy and paste from another source. If yes it does little for your credibility and puts RUA in danger of copyright infringement.

http://www.ihorizont.cz/blog/alan-miles/will-yulia-tymoshenko-be-able-to-impeach-president-poroshenko  written by Alan Miles  Květen 2017 - 10:17 --

http://www.politics.ie/forum/foreign-affairs/224608-ukrainian-forces-begin-assault-pro-russian-positions-2940.html  (posted by milesjorden)

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 05:35:09 PM »
I wonder who she is fronting for this time.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Registration