The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The Other Child?  (Read 156 times)

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
The Other Child?
« on: May 06, 2017, 12:13:58 PM »
I have several friends who have custody of their kids after the divorce,well they did as it was a few years back and they have grown up now...
Something I have noticed  and even now as still know some situations. And I always noticed it was with Eastern European women.

One friend he had a girl friend from Bratislava she also had a kid..but as far as she was concerned my friends two small kids took second place, so much so that she was happy for them to sleep out in the rabbit hutch if it meant more room for her beloved son.. :chuckle:
She always made sure what ever happened her son came first for every thing, the other two kids were just like vermin hanging about the place. It would be something like "Freddy can only eat prime fillet steak" so Freddy would eat prime fillet steak and the other two kids would have some Tesco sausages  :chuckle:

Another friend has one kid and the wife has one kid.. you can guess who has the biggest bedroom .. :chuckle:
Every possible gadget and and the room looks like a palace... of course the other poor bugger just has a small room like a closet and the bare essentials , but he's not as important as the other one, cos he's not going to Cambridge  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

I have seen this happen many times, I know for sure if it was me I would stand for that kind of **** but lots do!!

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: The Other Child?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 01:57:12 AM »
Surprise ... I do not recognise that behaviour in the successful marriages between FSUW and Western men who have kids from before ...

In the case of FSUW with sons - they can be a little blind to 'bad behaviour'  - but if the marriage is strong - the 'Man of the house' can also deem what is acceptable under the collective roof.

V's son - my step-son was a RIGHT pain in the ass as a drinking / smoking - LOTS -  teenager ... but he scrubbed up, well and was the voice of reason when his Ma and I were falling apart.

Getting the balance right is hard as my eldest daughter once hit me with, " you have a new family - you don't care about us" - which floored me ... for a day or so .... As it simply wasn't true ...

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 07:11:54 AM »
Yes but I have seen personally several cases where the women treats the guys kid no more than than a turd!

My wife went to visit a friend who is like this.. her son is in a palace the other is in a room no better than a prison cell...terrible.

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 10:07:16 AM »
Not exclusive to EE women ... Michael Reagan, adopted son of the US President, was treated poorly by Nancy Reagan.
Anchors Rewoven