The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Syrian Gas Attack: False Flag operation or Real?  (Read 10558 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Syrian Gas Attack: False Flag operation or Real?
« on: April 05, 2017, 03:55:29 PM »
New Chemical Weapons attack in Syria. As usual the West is blaming Assad of Syria and Russia.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/05/syria-chemical-attack-investigators-seek-samples-survivors-sarin-gas

I will post this link again for those interested in What HRC and Obama and the Saudi's were up to.

https://twitter.com/hectormorenco/status/792590527308763137

Offline leslied

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Syrian Gas Attack: False Flag operation or Real?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 01:29:21 AM »
It is VERY unlikely that Assad has used Sarin.  He knows from experience (2013) how the use of such weapons inflames world opinion.  Also Putin will have issued a STRICT prohibition.

Look who gains from this action.  The rag-tag remnants of the opposition who were forced from Aleppo into Idlib province.  The most powerful group  is an off shoot of Al Qaeda and they are known to have plundered chemical weapons from government arms depots which they captured.

The current line is that an Al Qaeda arms depot was hit by a rocket attack.  It is plausible, but I think it more likely that the extremists released the Sarin deliberately...

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 01:45:55 AM »
I'm going with the RU-Official line.

The west blaming it on Assad is laughable, its all propaganda.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 02:59:00 AM »
In considering propaganda for elements of truth (as opposed to fact) it is a good idea to identify the 'win'. Who 'wins' from the story?

At the same time remember that even evil is usually rational and that rational people or groups do not usually do irrational things.

In this case I am of the opinion that Russia knows the attack to be a true false flag event but has chosen a plausible alternative narrative because the true story is one that the world TV audience is not ready to receive just yet.

There simply is no rational reason for the Syrian air force to attack as they are supposed.

On a more mundane level, al qaida's White Helmets were filmed and photographed handling victims with bare hands and without respirators and yet did not die or suffer other ill effect from contact with the skin and clothing of the purported victims.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 03:00:27 AM »
After this event it would seem that the US soft coup is almost complete.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 11:23:56 AM »
It is VERY unlikely that Assad has used Sarin.  He knows from experience (2013) how the use of such weapons inflames world opinion.  Also Putin will have issued a STRICT prohibition.

Look who gains from this action.  The rag-tag remnants of the opposition who were forced from Aleppo into Idlib province.  The most powerful group  is an off shoot of Al Qaeda and they are known to have plundered chemical weapons from government arms depots which they captured.

The current line is that an Al Qaeda arms depot was hit by a rocket attack.  It is plausible, but I think it more likely that the extremists released the Sarin deliberately...

I agree 100% with what you wrote here. I suspect it was the Soros financed "white hats" who have been shown to be working alongside Al Queda.

Assad would gain nothing and possibly lose everything by doing this.

I'm only hopeful that Trump is wise enough to see this for what it is: false flag operation.

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 03:21:37 PM »
From what I have read I tend to think this event was staged. Russian insider has several good articles on the subject.

Gloves Are for Sissies: Photographs Show White Helmets Are Immune to Sarin

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/gloves-are-sissies-photographs-show-white-helmets-are-immune-sarin/ri19458
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 05:34:04 PM »
From what I have read I tend to think this event was staged. Russian insider has several good articles on the subject.

Gloves Are for Sissies: Photographs Show White Helmets Are Immune to Sarin

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/gloves-are-sissies-photographs-show-white-helmets-are-immune-sarin/ri19458

Photo of the same girl used over and over by fake news CNN.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 07:43:33 PM »
Too late for recriminations, more than 50 tomahawk missiles were fired at a Syrian air base which the USA claims was used to launch the chemical weapons attack from.

It's been 100 years since WWI.  Will historians mark this as the day that WWIII was started? Let's hope this attack is more of a message and that cooler heads will prevail.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 08:43:30 PM »
Too late for recriminations, more than 50 tomahawk missiles were fired at a Syrian air base which the USA claims was used to launch the chemical weapons attack from.

It's been 100 years since WWI.  Will historians mark this as the day that WWIII was started? Let's hope this attack is more of a message and that cooler heads will prevail.

It's been confirmed that the United states was in communication with Moscow prior to the military strike.
Will this be a start of WWlll? I highly doubt it.
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 10:51:28 PM »

It's been confirmed that the United states was in communication with Moscow prior to the military strike.
Will this be a start of WWlll? I highly doubt it.

Too early to say. Trump is in a pickle now as he allowed the neocons to have too much influence.

The usual bad actors will be pushing hard for war as it keeps them in business and makes them wealthy.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/IvanSidorenko1/status/850201747855335425

NEW :Death of Brigadier General Khalil Issa Ibrahim Commander of 2nd battalion 136th Regiment  @ Shuayrat Airbase - Translation

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 11:16:06 PM »
Rex Tillerson says that there was no communication with Russia before making this foolish and counterproductive demonstration of support for US allies ISIS and al QAIDA.

I think that we can now regard the soft coup in the united states as complete.

Please turn out the lights as you leave the building.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2017, 12:36:26 AM »
Well, well... It seems 'Tramp' will not be so popular on here, any more.

I cannot understand how any one could suggest the US would want Daesh to 'win' over Assad.

Question is: Is this a one off warning to say 'stop bombing civilians from the air' or is it a sea change 'remove Assad's regime'  ?

Was the original gas attack 'staged'? I  I seriously doubt it.

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2017, 01:09:40 AM »
Its Saddam "Weapons of mass destruction" Hussein all over again!

Assad must go, he's a bad man. We will create the narrative if it doesn't exist.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2017, 01:50:55 AM »
Been reading about Sarin. Not the nastiest of stuff but those Al qaida guys without gloves knew there was no risk before getting their hoses out.

The vapour from Sarin is trapped in clothing. Double layer rubber gloves are normal for people doing decontamination. Those guys should, at the least, have been unable to work.

Also, where's the affected animals?

The effects are not as bad as some have suggested: broken bones from muscle contraction and the like. That's VX gas. Most people affected by Sarin will be OK after a few hours. From what I read it seems that too many people died! The ratio of deaths to affected seems wrong.

Whether what happened was preplanned or opportunistic Trump seems to have been forced into a corner. On the other hand the US attack seems to have been long on bang and short on damage. Miraculously the Sarin storage at the airfield was not hit. (sarcasm).

Was the attack planned as a minimal response? I guess that we will find out in the next 48 hours.

Offline Manny

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2017, 02:22:33 AM »
Interesting article on the Trump element here: http://thesaker.is/the-trump-administration-goes-neocon-crazy/
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 10:23:13 AM »
Interesting article on the Trump element here: http://thesaker.is/the-trump-administration-goes-neocon-crazy/

This Saker character doesn't paint the USA or our foreign policy in very good light, but sadly since the Korean war many of our actions have not ended well.

Overall his commentary about neocons is precise and true -- none of their sons or daughters ever go to war and they really do not represent America.

The part about this is a way to ruin Trump's Presidency -- that's what I suspect. I really hope he listens to Rand Paul and avoids any more actions in the middle east (and I hope to win the Mega Millions lottery tonight).

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 10:50:40 AM »

Saker seems to believe Trump is stupid. Here's a different take.

1) Order Syria bombing , 2) Eat nice dinner with the Chinese, 3) Syria  bombed, 4) Discuss North Korea with Chinese. Best poker play ever!

https://twitter.com/BoatFoot1/status/850164993299501056

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 12:19:00 PM »
Saker is a good analyst, it is his profession. By specialty he is a military analyst. he knows his onions.

On the whole I am sure he does not think Trump is stupid, that is just poor comprehension on the part of the reader, or possibly confirmation bias.

I find it hard to believe, given what we are seeing, that Trump has been backed into a corner. Just imagine how hard it would be to persuade, in probably a single speech to the nation, that there has been some kind of false flag run by the CIA or its proxies?

The action in Syria was clearly designed to force the response we have seen.

Remember Occam's Razor? The simplest explanation, congruent with the known facts is likely to be the correct one. The crazy poker player movie simply is too complex to be true and does not fit the evidence because that implies that Trump was a knowing and willing party to a massacre and we have no evidence to suggest that he is a psychopath.

Offline yankee

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2017, 12:33:03 PM »
quick comment from my wife "another stupid president"
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2017, 01:28:21 PM »
Note to Moderators

I didn't see this thread and made several posts on the subject here.
Sorry about that, maybe someone can move them for me?

Thanks,
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2017, 07:34:49 PM »

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2017, 10:48:09 PM »
There is a huge discrepancy between,the white house and the Kremlin as to how successful the strike on Syria actually was? From this drone footage it looks to be very minimal damage. Where the satellite images posted by the white house shows much heavier damage. In this instance I believe Russia is trying to downplay the success saying less than half the missiles hit their intended target.

Russian military posts drone footage of aftermath of US strike on Syria

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/russian-military-posts-drone-footage-135435899.html

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2017, 11:22:08 PM »
These cruise missiles travel at speeds of 500plus miles per hour.
So one would expect any parts of the missile would make some kind of impact at least partially being imbedded into soft ground. By the photo in this article there seems to be a real lack of authenticity, as not even a blade of grass is damaged.

$1.5 Million US Missile Liberates Syrian Guy's Garden

http://russia-insider.com/en/overpriced-us-missile-lands-syrian-guys-garden/ri19484

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2017, 03:28:23 AM »
My post above had an important word missing: not

Given what we are now seeing it is my impression that trump was purposefully backed into a corner from which the only viable response was a rapid military one.