The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: 3 bombs in petersburg metro. 10 casualties  (Read 3123 times)

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: 3 bombs in petersburg metro. 10 casualties
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2017, 08:33:48 AM »
Nothing to do with religion, just people being  cúnts..

In a way Ste is correct in as much that the cünts are not following a religion or faith, but rather a political manifestation or objective. That they cloak there actions in religion is there own misguided intent.

The problem is that one particular runt religion promotes and perpetrates these actions, continually.

The simple solution is to ban followers of said runt religion from participation in the Western world.

OK, we'll roll with that version then. So tell me again, why is it always Islam these troubled individuals follow?  (:)

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2017, 08:42:42 AM »

In a way Ste is correct in as much that the cünts are not following a religion or faith, but rather a political manifestation or objective. That they cloak there actions in religion is there own misguided intent.

The problem is that one particular runt religion promotes and perpetrates these actions, continually.

The simple solution is to ban followers of said runt religion from participation in the Western world.

OK, we'll roll with that version then. So tell me again, why is it always Islam these troubled individuals follow?  (:)

It is at the moment cos they are the currently disaffected.

Go back through history and see the pattern, cause and effect.

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2017, 08:44:00 AM »

Come on mate, have the balls to acknowledge the trend. I watched that programme on Turkey by Simon Reeve the other night and his interview with that bloke who heads the countries religious programme.

He admitted to failures within his religion including terrorising & child marriage - something us soft cocks in the west feel all guilty about admitting, even though it ain't us doing it!!

Bit like the Reggie Yates programme about Russia, gays and blacks...

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2017, 08:58:32 AM »

So you're admitting that this particular faith/followers currently has a problem? That's what I'm saying so I find it strange you try to disagree with me.

I couldn't give a monkeys what happened back in the day. I'm alive now and our society has daily issues with Islam.

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2017, 09:01:29 AM »

Come on mate, have the balls to acknowledge the trend. I watched that programme on Turkey by Simon Reeve the other night and his interview with that bloke who heads the countries religious programme.

He admitted to failures within his religion including terrorising & child marriage - something us soft cocks in the west feel all guilty about admitting, even though it ain't us doing it!!

What's your point?

Reggie spoke to youths with extreme views, Reeves spoke to the head of religious affairs in Turkey, who writes the weekly national sermons and has influence throughout the Muslim world.

I see what you're trying to do but your effort to water drown fact is weak as piss mate.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2017, 11:33:54 AM »

If you look back through history you will see that what is happening is nothing new. The only difference is that back in history Islam was contained, now the mushy west hasn't the balls to face up to the problem and is in complete denial of the fact that there is a problem.
This is down to, in no small measure, apologists like you.

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2017, 11:45:19 AM »

If you look back through history you will see that what is happening is nothing new. The only difference is that back in history Islam was contained, now the mushy west hasn't the balls to face up to the problem and is in complete denial of the fact that there is a problem.

I'm not and never have denied there is a problem, but the cause of the issue here is Western meddling and bombing of their countries, not to mention regime change.

I'm not prepared to concede that an entire people and an entire religion is 'bad'.

Some are, some aren't, and we can say that about every people and religion. Islam is at the forefront now because that's were all the Western meddling is directed at.

Some of the greatest thinkers and philosophers were/are Muslim, look at Kayyam and Mernisi to start you off.

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2017, 11:51:02 AM »

What's your point?

Reggie spoke to youths with extreme views, Reeves spoke to the head of religious affairs in Turkey, who writes the weekly national sermons and has influence throughout the Muslim world.

I see what you're trying to do but your effort to water drown fact is weak as piss mate.

"Russia's Supreme Court has begun hearing a government request to outlaw the Jehovah's Witnesses and declare it an extremist organisation.
The justice ministry has already placed its headquarters near St Petersburg on a list of extremist groups."

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2017, 12:37:23 PM »

I'm not prepared to concede that an entire people and an entire religion is 'bad'.

Of course you are not. I hope nobody is. We know what that kind of thinking is called and how it ends.

I think i've been mentioning this book before: Aaron Tyler, Islam, the West, and Tolerance ( Conceiving Coexistence) ;
it's basically  reverse/ contrary of   of  Samuel P. Huntington's The Clash of Civilizations.

I studied both within obligatory curriculum. Huntigton was fav thinker of Croatia's late Tudjman (Milosevic's doppleganger, Cro version, so to say.)
To me personally, of course, Tyler's theory is closer. I believe it would be to anyone of us. I believe it's normal for majority to seek balance and some kind of compromise. Alas, Tyler himself writes that the problem is there are many contradicting "instructions'' in their holy book. You can pick what you like. One part says, for example (re. other religions) - "to each their own", then the next suggests "off with their heads".  Many of that religion are in 3d world, not in good living conditions, probably easy to influence for the worse. There will also always be intelligent and normal people too. I posted before i think it was a mistake to let so many refuges to Europe. (Those who were refugees for real - of course, but many among them had other motives). But then it was also a mistake to meddle into those countries' affairs because of oil and because the west thinks they can apply their criteria and traditions to everyone. I won't pretend i know the answer. Right now, i am all for " chop wood, carry water " - mind my own business and what i can directly influence (PESACH CLEANING!!!  ;D)

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2017, 01:13:55 PM »
 :dh:

I'm not and never have denied there is a problem, but the cause of the issue here is Western meddling and bombing of their countries, not to mention regime change.

Some are, some aren't, and we can say that about every people and religion. Islam is at the forefront now because that's were all the Western meddling is directed at.

Some of the greatest thinkers and philosophers were/are Muslim, look at Kayyam and Mernisi to start you off.
There is an inherent dichotomy between Islam and other religions/belief systems. Islam does not tolerate or accept any other faith/religion/whatever. So anyone who is not a follower is an infidel/unbeliever/kafir. Every muslim believes in this tenet of their faith so by default, all muslims can be tarred with the same brush. There are always exceptions  but Islam will not coexist with other faiths.
It makes me laugh swear at state occasions when they trot out the Imams and, indeed, other faith leaders, at what is essentially a Christian ceremony.
All the bruhah about western meddling is just so much horsedung. There are many Islamic countries where there has been no western meddling and yet Islam still has an anti west stance. In fact, its not even anti west, its anti anything that doesnt support or accept Islam.
It is entirely plausible that if the Islamic tide is not stopped, in 100 years the caucasian inhabitants of western Europe will be subservient to Islam apart from a few pockets in Eastern Europe still holding out.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2017, 01:41:53 PM »
:dh:

There is an inherent dichotomy between Islam and other religions/belief systems. Islam does not tolerate or accept any other faith/religion/whatever. So anyone who is not a follower is an infidel/unbeliever/kafir. Every muslim believes in this tenet of their faith so by default, all muslims can be tarred with the same brush. There are always exceptions  but Islam will not coexist with other faiths.
It makes me laugh swear at state occasions when they trot out the Imams and, indeed, other faith leaders, at what is essentially a Christian ceremony.
All the bruhah about western meddling is just so much horsedung. There are many Islamic countries where there has been no western meddling and yet Islam still has an anti west stance. In fact, its not even anti west, its anti anything that doesnt support or accept Islam.
It is entirely plausible that if the Islamic tide is not stopped, in 100 years the caucasian inhabitants of western Europe will be subservient to Islam apart from a few pockets in Eastern Europe still holding out.

DS comes to the basic issue, there has been since written history a conflict between the followers of Islam and Christianity.

We saw on one side the Christian Crusades, which by today's standards, were neither Christian or Crusades. On the other side there was the Arab/African invasion of present day Spain and Portugal. And there was the Ottoman/Arab invasion of Europe stopping and slowly receding from Wenen twice in the 16th and 17th centuries.

But the de-facto conflict has never been reconciled. We are seeing it in a new form and a more subtle method of invasion.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2017, 02:35:28 PM »

But the de-facto conflict has never been reconciled. We are seeing it in a new form and a more subtle method of invasion.

Yes. I think the main problem is that several parties/ sides have interest in NOT ending it. And i am totally not referring to conspiracy theories. During the wars here (and at all involved sides) we had war profiteers. That part i think most of us get, as evil as it is. Then, we had anti-war profiteers...  Individuals, intellectuals, media owners and so on, who made it a business in opposing the war. I was quite young and innocent back then, i couldn't get it that human nature can get rotten to that extent. Btw, after it all was finished, to the relief of the majority of normal/ common people... Guess who lamented more that it's over? The "anti-war" ones... I am writing stuff i witnessed. Many years passed since then. It is still beyond my comprehension.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2017, 04:20:55 PM »
8 people detained in connection with St. Petersburg Metro bombing – official

https://www.rt.com/news/383752-eight-detained-petersburg-metro-bombing/
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2017, 01:10:05 PM »
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2017, 04:52:51 PM »

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2017, 08:34:29 AM »

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2017, 06:47:25 PM »
Classic liberal western media. Terrorism is a crime, and how can you not be aggressive in doing whatever it takes to get these terrorist scum.

Russia’s aggressive response to the St. Petersburg subway bombing is raising questions

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/heres-thenew-target-in-russias-televised-hunt-for-islamic-state-terrorists/2017/05/06/e21b78ae-2a90-11e7-9081-f5405f56d3e4_story.html?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.f4071700f263